MICHAEL PAGE: ‘PAUL DALEY DOESN’T WANT TO FIGHT ME… HE’S ALL OVER THE PLACE’

AGEZ909

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
https://www.mmanytt.com/latest-news/michael-page-paul-daley-fight-me-place/

***Video in Link***

Paul Daley stated on his Facebook page last evening that he has a fight contract in front of him to fight Michael ‘Venom’ Page in summer, but according to Page he’s yet to hear anything about the fight.

Speaking backstage to MMANytt.com last evening, Page gave his reaction to Daley’s latest Facebook post and explained that he’d yet to hear anything from Bellator about the potential bout.

“No [I don’t know anything about the proposed fight], I think Paul Daley is in his own world,” Page said. “He says whatever he wants to say because one minute he wants to fight me and he calls me out, then straight afterwards he doesn’t want to fight me, then he calls me out again and then fights someone else, he doesn’t know what he wants.

“I personally believe he doesn’t want to fight me and I’m ok with that. I genuinely don’t care.”

Page than outlined the start of the feud and why he thinks Daley has an issue with him. The London Shootfighters man thinks it’s purely down to jealousy and what he’s accomplished in the sport in the short time he’s been around.

“From the beginning, he said something that I thought was disrespectful and the best way two fighters can settle it without unnecessary exchanges outside, we can just settle it inside the cage. That’s where it started and he’s gone back and forth ever since and for me, just based on the stuff that’s come to pass, I just genuinely think he’s been jealous of my success in the time that I’ve been in the sport.

“He keeps going on about how he’s been fighting here there and training in these gyms and it’s just two different paths, but he sees it as more respect and this and that. I think even when we were friendly he still had that in the back of his head and it’s just coming out now.”

While the fight hasn’t been put on the table to him yet, Page says if it materializes he won’t hesitate to sign the contract. If it takes place, it could well be the biggest domestic fight in UK MMA history and it would settle one of the longest running feuds in British mixed martial arts.

“Like I’ve said, if he actually decides to sign a fight, then I’m ok to fight anytime,” Page said. “I’ve been ok to fight for a long time and I’ve not hidden. It’s not me that’s been going back and forth. He even had a conversation with Ariel Helwani and even in that conversation at the beginning he was saying it wasn’t about the money, then at the end it was about the money. At the beginning it’s not about fighting me [and he was saying] he couldn’t make the dates Bellator were offering him to make [the fight], then at the end he’s like ‘I can fight any week, I want to fight every week.’ It’s just like, you’re all over the place and that was just in one 30-minute conversation.

“I can’t imagine how up and down he is in everyday life. For me, if the contract ends up in front of me I’m signing it immediately. He’s saying he’s got two contracts in front of him and has the potential [to sign them], mate, you don’t need to tell everybody, just sign them. You don’t need to announce it to the world. Just sign it and let Bellator do their job and promote the fight. It’s as simple as that.”

Thank You for posting. I don’t believe that Page is actually serious about facing a legit opponent in MMA.

One thing that really stood out is the fact that MVP mentioned that bellator just does not keep him active enough. mentions how he kind of understand why bellator is being selective in the types of shows they want to schedule him on, but he likes to keep active.

this is one of Bellator's biggest problems. you hear champs and top contenders alike talking about how they want to stay more active, but they only get a fight every 6-8 months.

this is when the road starts getting rocky for mma promotions trying to become bigger. they need to start spending serious money and start seeing seriously losses before they see return. bellator has only X amount of tentpoles every year. all other events are smaller shows. if a big name fighter wants to fight, bellator will have to try to fit them into one of their scheduled tentpoles. you cant go from a promomotion that is holding all of their shows in ballrooms to a show that is holding all of its shows in arenas. there is a growing process. the growing pains are annoying, but are a natural part of a growing promotion.

anyways, i hope they make the mvp/daley fight before daley fights fitch.

Thank You for posting. I don’t believe that Page is actually serious about facing a legit opponent in MMA.
part of me fears this as well. mvp has an appeal and is growing his brand. Boxing is hot in europe from what i've read. could be that he wants to continue to crush cans in mma and boxing and pad his bank account. i hope im wrong. id love to see him fight daley.

any decent grappler would more than likely smoke mvp though.

I'd tend to agree, but Daley has been very bipolar in this whole issue with MVP. Daley goes from calling Page a bitch to saying he doesn't want the fight and Bellator don't respect him.

I'd tend to agree, but Daley has been very bipolar in this whole issue with MVP. Daley goes from calling Page a bitch to saying he doesn't want the fight and Bellator don't respect him.

I agree that Daley hasn’t been the most consistent or reliable fighter. At the same time, he paid his dues, win or lose.

Page seems to care about making a quick buck and building his brand, at the expense of building a legacy / fighting his way up the ranks.

I agree that Daley hasn’t been the most consistent or reliable fighter. At the same time, he paid his dues, win or lose.

Page seems to care about making a quick buck and building his brand, at the expense of building a legacy / fighting his way up the ranks.
Yeah, he's a massive amounts of potential wasted too. Apparently Woodley wanted him to be one of his sparring partners for the first Wonderboy fight, but MVP turned it down because he wanted more money from their camp. To me that shows exactly what you said.

The whole situation is weird, Daley accusses MVP of ducking, MVP accuses Daley of ducking, they wanna fight, but they don't really wanna fight...so, does Bellator sometimes enforce UFC contract techniques?

Like offering a fight to one fighter, but not the other fighter etc.? Maybe they offered Daley the contract, he accepted and now they hope page will sign because he doesn't want to look like a duck or whatever.

Might be a bit far fetched, but I don't think it's totally out of the realm of possibilities.

part of me fears this as well. mvp has an appeal and is growing his brand. Boxing is hot in europe from what i've read. could be that he wants to continue to crush cans in mma and boxing and pad his bank account. i hope im wrong. id love to see him fight daley.

any decent grappler would more than likely smoke mvp though.

Ummm cyborg is a decent grappler though....

One thing that really stood out is the fact that MVP mentioned that bellator just does not keep him active enough. mentions how he kind of understand why bellator is being selective in the types of shows they want to schedule him on, but he likes to keep active.

this is one of Bellator's biggest problems. you hear champs and top contenders alike talking about how they want to stay more active, but they only get a fight every 6-8 months.

this is when the road starts getting rocky for mma promotions trying to become bigger. they need to start spending serious money and start seeing seriously losses before they see return. bellator has only X amount of tentpoles every year. all other events are smaller shows. if a big name fighter wants to fight, bellator will have to try to fit them into one of their scheduled tentpoles. you cant go from a promomotion that is holding all of their shows in ballrooms to a show that is holding all of its shows in arenas. there is a growing process. the growing pains are annoying, but are a natural part of a growing promotion.

anyways, i hope they make the mvp/daley fight before daley fights fitch.

I call that poor management of the roster and events. Coker has been like this since the early Strikeforce days. Shame on the executives to not be able to see it and work with Coker to correct it.

If they don't correct this I think it will be one of the biggest reasons for it failing.

The whole situation is weird, Daley accusses MVP of ducking, MVP accuses Daley of ducking, they wanna fight, but they don't really wanna fight...so, does Bellator sometimes enforce UFC contract techniques?

Like offering a fight to one fighter, but not the other fighter etc.? Maybe they offered Daley the contract, he accepted and now they hope page will sign because he doesn't want to look like a duck or whatever.

Might be a bit far fetched, but I don't think it's totally out of the realm of possibilities.

This would require Coker to take his balls out of his purse and be a leader.

Many times I think he gets to caught up in being the nice guy.

Wtf is the hold up throw these dudes some fucking cash this is bellators money fight

Nope given he seems a competent grappler himself and his footwork means hed be a nightmare to shoot on
Who’s the best grappler he has fought? An ancient cyborg who was dragged out of retirement?

I’m not an mvp hater but I’m a realist, and he hasn’t shown me much on the mat.

He could get well be getting better everyday, but I’d like to see it.

I’d hobeatly love to eat crow

Who’s the best grappler he has fought? An ancient cyborg who was dragged out of retirement?

I’m not an mvp hater but I’m a realist, and he hasn’t shown me much on the mat.

He could get well be getting better everyday, but I’d like to see it.

I’d hobeatly love to eat crow
Cyborg Whos a longtime legit black belt and yet mvp was just fine once he was taken down....even going for leglocks when he was taken down

His gound game seems at least decent....mix that in with how hard it is to nail the guy down his movement standing is elite

Back