Michael Nyqvist, of Dragon Tattoo and John Wick, dies at 56

deise69

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/jun/27/swedish-actor-michael-nyqvist-dies-56

Swedish actor Michael Nyqvist has died at the age of 56. He had been battling lung cancer.

The Stockholm-born actor was best known for his role as Mikael Blomkvist in the original Swedish Dragon Tattoo trilogy, which included The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest.

He later appeared in Hollywood action thrillers such as John Wick and Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol.

Nyqvist’s representative released a statement on Tuesday that read: “It is with deep sadness that I can confirm that our beloved Michael, one of Sweden’s most respected and accomplished actors, has passed away quietly surrounded by family after a year long battle with lung cancer.

“Michael’s joy and passion were infectious to those who knew and loved him. His charm and charisma were undeniable, and his love for the arts was felt by all who had the pleasure of working with him.”

Oh shit.

I just rewatched John Wick over the weekend.

RIP

Cancer out here on a mad win streak.

Long for the day where we can find a cure for all cancers.

RIP

I saw this earlier. RIP.

I have to admit, I never realized that the guy from Dragon Tattoo was the same guy in John Wick. That's kind of blowing my mind.

56 is pretty damn young to be dying.

First saw him in Dragon Tattoo and liked his stuff.

Did not recognise him from Wick.

I saw this earlier. RIP.

I have to admit, I never realized that the guy from Dragon Tattoo was the same guy in John Wick. That's kind of blowing my mind.

56 is pretty damn young to be dying.

A 47 year old local businessman died last Friday while on his daily run.

Loved him in wick, was hoping to see him in more films. Very believable actor. Rip.

That's terrible. Dude was great in John Wick.

Rest in peace.

michael-nyqvist.jpg

Back