Michael Jordan last 3 minutes in his FINAL BULLS GAME

So, apparently time in 40 isn't an indicator of speed, DPOTY award is meaningless, and statistics actually mean the opposite of what they explicitly state. Solid arguments, there.

So, apparently time in 40 isn't an indicator of speed, DPOTY award is meaningless, and statistics actually mean the opposite of what they explicitly state. Solid arguments, there.
40 isn't a good measure. There's a sports science of a sprinter vs Cristiano Ronaldo. Also, I can't find an actual source on this claim anyway. Only thing that google shows is forum posts with dead links.

One DPOY doesn't say much. LeBron can/has guarded all 5 positions with great effectiveness.

You're the one looking at the wrong part of the statistics. Efficiency is what the game is about. Apparently, LeBron would be unarguably better than Jordan if he took 8 more shots to score 5 or 6 more points.
If you're so into looking at total points and not opportunities, LeBron just passed Jordan in the slightly zoomed out version of your argument.

- 37 points on 58%
- 42 points on 58%

One is better than the other

40 isn't a good measure. There's a sports science of a sprinter vs Cristiano Ronaldo. Also, I can't find an actual source on this claim anyway. Only thing that google shows is forum posts with dead links.

One DPOY doesn't say much. LeBron can/has guarded all 5 positions with great effectiveness.

You're the one looking at the wrong part of the statistics. Efficiency is what the game is about. Apparently, LeBron would be unarguably better than Jordan if he took 8 more shots to score 5 or 6 more points.
If you're so into looking at total points and not opportunities, LeBron just passed Jordan in the slightly zoomed out version of your argument.

Let me guess...the guy who is a top 5 soccer player in the world, was faster at soccer-specific movements, than the sprinter, who's probably never played in his life?

Also, lol at referencing Sports Science.

You just showed that LeBron is a better scorer.

LeBron is a better defender. DPOY doesn't mean that much. Think of all the clutch blocks LeBron has made.

Jordan took more shots and hit more of them, just at a lower percentage .: not as good of a scorer.

We all know how Jordan got to the line.

Back in 2015, he got to 6/10 on go-ahead shots with<30 on the clock and hit his 3rd buzzer beater. Jordan was 5/11 for his career and also only hit 3 buzzer beaters.
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/5/11/8584749/lebron-james-michael-jordan-game-winning-shotsh

Call LeBron Mr. June. He put up the 2 best Finals performances of all time against what is very possibly the greatest team of all time. He just didn't win one of them because his teammates were injured.

LOL. Yeah because being recognized as the best defensive player out of 350 of the best players in the world doesn't mean much. Not to mention that Jordan was also recognized as a top 5 defensive player 9x (All defensive team) and LeBron only 5x. But that doesn't mean anything either. "Bubububut Lebron's clutch blocks." LMAO What a clown.

Jordan scored more from shooting and LeBron scored more from flopping to the free throw line. Definitely not as impressive for LeBron

Thank you for acknowledging that Jordan earned his way to the line. LeBron still flopped his way.

Great job on go-ahead shots. He's clutch as of two years ago but still has a lot of time in his career to lower that FG%.

Let me guess...the guy who is a top 5 soccer player in the world, was faster at soccer-specific movements, than the sprinter, who's probably never played in his life?

Also, lol at referencing Sports Science.
Not soccer specific. They just did a spring and a zig zag. Considering that there's no reference to support the 40 time for Jordan, and Lebron said he did it for a laugh, this whole thing should be thrown out.

Thank you for acknowledging that Jordan earned his way to the line.

Not what I did at all. What's that famous quote from one ref to another?
“Absolutely. I’ll never forget coming up, I was a younger referee and I was refereeing with Jess Kersey. I missed a call on Michael Jordan, and basically, Jess pulled me aside. He said, ‘Hey, listen. If Michael Jordan misses a shot going to the basket, just blow the whistle, because most likely 99% of the time he got fouled. And you’re going to get a lot of heat if you miss a foul against him.”

Also, Jordan had .2 more FTA/game in the playoffs and 2 more during the regular season. So, Lebron isn't being more efficient than Jordan by getting to the line. He's doing it from the field and from 3.

Last edited:
Not soccer specific. They just did a spring and a zig zag. Considering that there's no reference to support the 40 time for Jordan, and Lebron said he did it for a laugh, this whole thing should be thrown out.

Not what I did at all. What's that famous quote from one ref to another?
“Absolutely. I’ll never forget coming up, I was a younger referee and I was refereeing with Jess Kersey. I missed a call on Michael Jordan, and basically, Jess pulled me aside. He said, ‘Hey, listen. If Michael Jordan misses a shot going to the basket, just blow the whistle, because most likely 99% of the time he got fouled. And you’re going to get a lot of heat if you miss a foul against him.”

Also, Jordan had .2 more FTA/game in the playoffs and 2 more during the regular season. So, Lebron isn't being more efficient than Jordan by getting to the line. He's doing it from the field and from 3.

LMAO @ using Tim Donaghy to make your point. hahaha ok I'm done.

Jordan and LeBron have the same playoff FG % (48.7 to 48.3) so I'd say FT have a part to play.

Jordan and LeBron have the same playoff FG % (48.7 to 48.3) so I'd say FT have a part to play.

Jordan took .2 more FT/playoff game. He also hit a higher percentage of FTs. The difference in overall shooting efficiency is more in 3-pointers. And LeBron keeps getting more efficient. LeBrons numbers this postseason are ridiculous(despite one clunker). 32.5 pts on .566 from the field, .421 from 3 with 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 2.2 steals, and 1.4 blocks.

The best Jordan ever shot was .524 in 90-91. In his best 3pt year, he shot .403 from 3 in 95-96(with the 3pt line moved in).

Jordan is GOAT, no point in arguing with these clowns, stats can be manipulated for any argument, except for one.

2 3 peats. Argue against that, bitch.

Jordan is GOAT, no point in arguing with these clowns, stats can be manipulated for any argument, except for one.

2 3 peats. Argue against that, bitch.

You can't argue against 11 rings (8 in a row) either

I can say the same thing about the 90s nice try though.

Lol @ comparing 20 years ago to when a sport was literally started in the 50's. You're really grasping at straws, kinda similar to how Lebum grasps for fouls when he flops like a little bitch.

Lol @ comparing 20 years ago to when a sport was literally started in the 50's.

20 years ago, teams were lucky if they had 2 shooters on the floor. Teams can't be competitive now without 4. You're in denial about how much better the league is now. Look at the offensive efficiency statistics. It took til 2008 for the best team in the playoffs to be better than the worst team in this year's playoffs.
http://www.espn.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats

Jordan gets credit for inspiring all those kids that came in and raised the level of the game.

lol at people comparing scoring stats when players were allowed to play harder defense, the fact the jordan was a better scorer when hand checking was allowed just shows how much better he was

its like comparing NFL qb's to before rule changes

Most overrated "clutch" moment of all time. MJ bricks a massive 3 and 2 pointer early in the video LOL

The proper context is not kind to Mr Jordan

You mean he was tired and dropped 45 in that game including the game winner on his way to Finals MVP?

wtf was Karl Malone doing on that possession before Jordan's game winning basket???

Back