Michael Johnson vs Justin Gaethje Predictions

Guile

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Surprised to see that Gaethje is the +130 underdog here. I think there is some money to be made. I got Gaethje by TKO in round 3

I really want Gaethje to do well in the UFC but after watching his fights I wouldn't be surprised if he goes without a single win. Johnson by KO, probably first round.

lmao

MJ is going to KO him in under 3 minutes

I really want Gaethje to do well in the UFC but after watching his fights I wouldn't be surprised if he goes without a single win. Johnson by KO, probably first round.
I have no doubt people choosing gaethje have literally never seen his fights. he's like a white diego sanchez

Yeah the only problem is Michael Johnson has never been Ko'd and has a granite chin himself. Would be good to see but it would be surprising.

Gaethje is riding on a lot of momentum which could be a huge factor but Johnson has fought a list of higher quality opponents. This is actually quite an interesting fight.

I'd have to go with Johnson, his striking keeps improving.

Gaethje's highlight reel is very impressive, albeit against lower quality of competition. Not picking this fight, but those betting odds seem about right to me. MJ's got higher level fights against way better competition. I gotta say though, every time the guy opens his mouth he proves he's an asshole, and it seems he crossed a line talking smack leading into this fight. I hope Gaethje humbles him.

I'm rooting for Justin but Johnson is more skilled & simply better on the feet. Justin stands on the pocket & relies a bit too much on his granite chin.
Johnson via UD bit hoping for a Justin win.

I have no doubt people choosing gaethje have literally never seen his fights. he's like a white diego sanchez

Incredibly accurate observation. Justin goes in wild and gets clipped a lot then has to claw his way back to the W.

Might not get that chance with the next level of competition.

Always a punchers chance, but ever so slight.

Incredibly accurate observation. Justin goes in wild and gets clipped a lot then has to claw his way back to the W.

Might not get that chance with the next level of competition.

Always a punchers chance, but ever so slight.
Hes been pretty damn dominant as of late. Sure he gets clipped the odd time but he eats punches very well and will take one to dish one.

Totally true.

I watched about 5 of his fights this morning and wondered why he took so many strikes. Looked like he really had to get into the deep water to finish his opponents.

If he didn't wind up so much and delivered more compact shorter strikes he might have caught those guys on the button early.

i am going with justin and with a ko/tko win......

I'm picking MJ. Not sure if he'll get the early KO or not.

Gaethje has 14 of his 17 wins via tko, and MJ has never been finished via strikes. It's just a bad stylistic matchup. Also, Gaethje is just too wild. I've seen every one of his fights since he fought JZ; he's going down eventually.

Even in his recent interviews, I've seen him say or imply - on multiple occasions- that he expects to be KO'd eventually, as it's a part of life. Not sure if this means he has been rocked/KO'd in training. Regardless, MJ could easily be the first to crack that chin.

So he'll win a controversial split decision?

Back