Who Wins?

• Brent Primus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

And the Bellator PPV gets another title fight. I'm hoping we get Larkin's debut on the card.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/3/2...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

One of Bellator’s top pound-for-pound fighters is coming to pay-per-view.

Michael Chandler will defend his lightweight title against Brent Primus at Bellator 180 on June 24 at New York’s Madison Square Garden, sources told MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani on Thursday. The event will air live on PPV.

Chandler (16-3) has won four straight and is coming off a successful title defense against former UFC champion Benson Henderson in November. The Missouri native won the belt for a second time in June 2016, via knockout over Patricky Freire. Chandler, 30, has been a cornerstone for Bellator and one of its most tenured athletes, going back to 2010.

Primus (7-0) is a perfect 5-0 in Bellator. The Oregon native is coming off a split decision win over Gleristone Santos in April 2016 and will be coming into this bout following a 14-month layoff. Primus, 31, also owns a win over Bellator welterweight contender Derek Anderson.

Bellator 180 is headlined by a grudge match between longtime rivals Chael Sonnen and Wanderlei Silva. In the co-main event, Fedor Emelianenko will make his Bellator debut against Matt Mitrione. The card is just the second on pay-per-view for Bellator and the promotion’s first-ever event in New York City.

What happened to Pitbull?

Bellator def messed up by making that fight with Josh, should have waited and did Chandler/Josh on this card.

Cause Chandler/Primus is not a big fight at all.

Must feel pretty surreal to have to beat Benson Henderson just to get a title-fight with Brent Primus.

Primus is good but I thought he lost one of his recent fights (think it was the Santos one). He's not ready for Chandler.

Meh. Chandler is always fun to see. And with them doing that stupid Pitbull vs Josh fight this is really what they are left with.

Sure it will be a great fight. But it is depressing seeing Chanlder in his prime taking these type of fights.

Said this before; Bellator really fucked up with their shitty matchmaking. Crazy to think that they thought pitbull was going to be a walk in the park for Thomson. Pitbull has the power to put anyone down. Pitbull has also already lost to chandler twice. That kind of matchmaking is horrible imo.

Primus is a young up and comer, but he is too green. His strength is wrestling, yet he won't be able to outwrestle chandler. Primus was also getting tagged a lot by santos. Thought he lost that fight

The way I see this fight going down? Primus goes in there gets a couple of his td stuffed, then flat lined by chandler.

The pitbull/Thomson match up still boggles my mind.

For fuck sakes. I like many have said it on here they fucked up with that Pitbull/Thomson matchup now look at this shit....I would have preferred them bring in a lightweight from outside the organization instead ffs like Akop Stepanyan or Justin Gaithje

For me the fight is OK, or was a fight against Pitbull again or against Piccolotti, i would preffer Piccolotti, but Primus is OK watching the LW roster right now..... Now Bellator knows they made big mistakes letting guys like Sarnavsky, Held, Jansen, Santos and much more go, instead of try to build a solid division wih mid level guys....
The next fight to make if Chandler wins is him against Duffy (if he inks with Bellator)

I know I'm in the minority but I'd rather have this than Chandler vs Pitbull 3.

Primus is going to get demolished. But I like me a good ol' Chandler destruction.

Luke Rockhold got a shitle tot against Jacare Souza at 7-1. This match is alright.

I'm glad to see Chandler on this card but this is a missmatch

I know I'm in the minority but I'd rather have this than Chandler vs Pitbull 3.

Primus is going to get demolished. But I like me a good ol' Chandler destruction.

Luke Rockhold got a shitle tot against Jacare Souza at 7-1. This match is alright.

I was thinking same with Jacare/Rockhold comparrison, when you have no contenders built up might as well throw in guy like Primus

Primus' only hope is to get Chandler tired and then try to finish it late. Guess Piccoloti/Campos vs Patricky will be made, for the next shot.

I was thinking same with Jacare/Rockhold comparrison, when you have no contenders built up might as well throw in guy like Primus
At least he has a good win in Derek Anderson. It's not best matchup, but fuck, I'd rather have this than a rematch.

Back