Michael Brown - Ferguson settles lawsuit

TheFirstEMP

Overdone and dry!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://fox2now.com/2017/06/23/ferguson-settles-michael-brown-wrongful-death-lawsuit-for-1-5-million/

ST. LOUIS — The Michael Brown wrongful death lawsuit was settled for $1.5 million. Ferguson's city attorney tells the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that an insurance company will make the payout. A federal judge approved the settlement in the suit filed by Brown's parents.

Brown's family sued the city of Ferguson, former Police Chief Tom Jackson and Former Police Officer Darren Wilson

Stupid.

How long until they are broke or dead?

That has to be a good result on average for the city and a reasonable one for the insurance company.

If that dude was worth 1.5 million, I feel like my value just shot through the roof.

I have no idea why the family of someone killed in a justified police shooting should be compensated. Especially to the tune of more than they would have likely collectively earned throughout their entire life.

If I was the city I'd offer them a few McDonalds gift cards and a movie ticket or two and be done with it.

That piece of shit criminal has a negative life value. Should take all his families shit for raising such a shitty kid.

i got an uncle who is a career criminal and was recently killed by a cop, wheres my dough at!!!!! he dindu nuffin!!!!!

They will spend it all within 3-5 years and be more broke than they were before.

If anything his family owes the city millions for inciting a riot for raising a thieving POS who deserved to die.

Hopefully that .5 portion of a million goes to an accountant so they don't fucking go broke like almost every other "newly rich" person does.

I was just in Ferguson about a week ago. Fuck that whole area, it deserves any shittiness it gets. Rude people and just run down as hell.

If anything his family owes the city millions for inciting a riot for raising a thieving POS who deserved to die.
I think I read somewhere that his grandma was raising him or he lived with her. I can't remember for how long though.

I'm about the farthest thing from a cop-sucker. But look at the facts in this case. The hands up, don't shoot narrative was proved in court to be false. The forensics showed in court matched up with the officer's testimony. Brown engaged in criminal actions both before and during the shooting. The only argument you can make is that there may have been nonlethal means of detaining Brown, which may be the case, but hard to fault the officer in the heat of the moment dealing with such a large and deranged man. The family is lucky they're getting a dime, especially considering that Brown's stepfather incited a riot. That's the second time he got lucky because he very well could have been charged for that.

Maybe the Brown family can use that money to help the small business owners who lost their shops due to looting that was justified and promoted by the Brown family on national television.

Maybe the Brown family can use that money to help the small business owners who lost their shops due to looting that was justified and promoted by the Brown family on national television.
giphy.gif
aha_coming_to_america.gif

I have no idea why the family of someone killed in a justified police shooting should be compensated. Especially to the tune of more than they would have likely collectively earned throughout their entire life.

If I was the city I'd offer them a few McDonalds gift cards and a movie ticket or two and be done with it.
The only thing the family should have got was a bill for the bullets used.

To get them go to away/legal fees rioting etc easily exceeded that amount. Sad reality.

That shooting was totally justified & judging by the type of person Brown was his classy family are probably secretly happy about the trade.

Hahaha, came in to say this. Fuck em.

Eric Holder came in with an agenda and left with nothing. How the fuck did these people get paid?

Back