Michael Bisping calls out Cruz's commentary of Conor and Khabib

it was nice to see Dom get cucked by joe here. Dom is always trying to outdo joe and always argues with him

Edit:

You guys should really listen to the video. Even Woodley thought Conor was "letting" Khabib tire himself out by mauling Conor in that 2nd round barrage.

To be fair that is the strategy Conor’s coach said they had planned.

Cruz is usually excellent but holy shit he screwed the pooch that entire fight. Think he had money on Conor which is something Rogan usually does.

I expect better than that from you, Dom.
<{cruzshake}>

For someone that is considered to have such a huge fight IQ that was definitly a dumb comment

It also is interesting point to highlight, when your best game plan is to hope your opponent runs out of energy beating you up, the fight is likely a mismatch.

True. It worked for Muhammad Ali in Zaire in 1974, though (and it's striking how that fight really had some interesting parallels to this one, but that's another story).

I remember hearing it and thinking wtf but I honestly think he just meant to say that the build up in lactic acid in khabib muscles could ware him out

To be fair that is the strategy Conor’s coach said they had planned.

Iirc (listened to the podcast on Tuesday), that was the plan for the first round. Not waste energy trying to explode to his feet. Just avoid damage and retain guard. But the plan went sideways in the second round when Conor got dropped. Kav said the takedown came "too easy".

Bisping is spot on, that was up there as to one of the most ridiculous things I’ve heard anyone say

I’m glad Rogan called him out on the live broadcast.
Yea i repect that about Rogan, he always speaks his mind

The only one getting tired was Conor.

A lot of that shit wasn’t landing though, some were but a lot weren’t.

Khabib hit the mat a lot ffs, and Conor had the third. It was working just not as well as he would have liked.

Khabib probubaly saw this and knew he was gassing and decide to go for the easy choke instead of continue to blow him self out hitting the mat etc and wind up getting ko’ed on the feet.

Cruz's commentary is usually great. In that fight it was about the worst commentary I've ever heard.
I think he even got son'd by Rogan at one point --- he is usually the one son'ing rogan.

Cruz's commentary is usually great. In that fight it was about the worst commentary I've ever heard.
Agreed. He is usually pretty good but he was terrible Sat. Joe called bs on him several times and generally owned him throughout.

Yeah nah, I can see where Cruz is coming from but Conor was just getting mailed then, I thought it was close to being stopped

Tiring him out is one thing, but he was getting smashed and got dropped. These things were not planned.....

I find it funny but bisping getting into pissing matches with his co-analysts is going to be his undoing with fox.
Interesting I thought his undoing with Fox would be Fox not renewing their UFC contract.
<Y2JSmirk>

Back