Mia St. John admits PED use during her career

Wait what?!
Why is that?!
I’m refering to the fact LA times being blocked in europe... nothing else in the OP is significant to me. Espicially since I can access that link in the middle east.

upload_2018-8-24_18-35-44.png

in that sense it's also unfair that GGG has long arms and hits like a truck.

but that doesn't mean putting a horseshoe in your glove when you fight him is cool, because you're just "leveling the field".

Horseshoes in gloves are going to do drastic damage so it's asinine to compare taking PEDS to putting horseshoes in gloves. How much damage would EPO result in? The effects are pretty similar to training at altitude. One is banned the other is allowed. Both increase my endurance, both allow me to dish out punishment to my opponent for longer. The only difference is legality not some perceived enhanced danger from using PED's.

This answers nothing... if I was calling the OP a liar, I’d understand why ur showing me this.
I didnt think you were calling me a liar, I was just replying to you with a picture of what users in the UK see...

next time i wont bother replying

I didnt think you were calling me a liar, I was just replying to you with a picture of what users in the UK see...

next time i wont bother replying
But I didn’t ask for it... I asked why is it blocked in these european countries. Is it an excecutive dispute, or is there political tension, or are these countries against LA Times for some article that pissed them off?

Didn’t even notice tou’re the OP lol.

Edit: why r u yellow carded btw, u seem very polite. If I may ask.

Everyone cheats but it’s clear when some are doing it more than others, it’s clear when one uses it to simply be competitive at the highest level compared to when one does it because they can’t live without roids.

I can guarantee you both Canelo and GGG take stuff but just by looking at Canelo (and knowing the type of person he is) he probably overdoes it, therefore is more prone to getting caught.

Horseshoes in gloves are going to do drastic damage so it's asinine to compare taking PEDS to putting horseshoes in gloves. How much damage would EPO result in? The effects are pretty similar to training at altitude. One is banned the other is allowed. Both increase my endurance, both allow me to dish out punishment to my opponent for longer. The only difference is legality not some perceived enhanced danger from using PED's.
anabolic steroids can make a drastic difference. that is a scientifically established fact. i'm not saying every imaginable drug has the same results, but there is a pretty clear line drawn regarding what is allowed and what isn't. if both guys put the same amount of effort into their training, at same elevation, with exactly the same genetic predispositions, the one roiding his tits off will be quicker, stronger, and likely more durable. he will win the fight. fans dismissing it as if it means nothing is what's asinine here.

i think the best example we've ever had is vitor belfort. i know it's not boxing, but he has to be the poster boy for PEDs. was awesome when he was young, was shitty for the next 15 years, got on some top gear TRT and suddenly he was an unbeatable monster, wheelkicking top guys into unconsciousness. gets off TRT, immediately looks like shit.

if it doesn't make much of a difference, why are people doing it? and if it does make a difference, it gives an extra push to people who have already honed their ability to inflict damage to the maximum. it's neither fair nor safe.

anabolic steroids can make a drastic difference. that is a scientifically established fact. i'm not saying every imaginable drug has the same results, but there is a pretty clear line drawn regarding what is allowed and what isn't. if both guys put the same amount of effort into their training, at same elevation, with exactly the same genetic predispositions, the one roiding his tits off will be quicker, stronger, and likely more durable. he will win the fight. fans dismissing it as if it means nothing is what's asinine here.

i think the best example we've ever had is vitor belfort. i know it's not boxing, but he has to be the poster boy for PEDs. was awesome when he was young, was shitty for the next 15 years, got on some top gear TRT and suddenly he was an unbeatable monster, wheelkicking top guys into unconsciousness. gets off TRT, immediately looks like shit.

if it doesn't make much of a difference, why are people doing it? and if it does make a difference, it gives an extra push to people who have already honed their ability to inflict damage to the maximum. it's neither fair nor safe.
I'm not saying it doesn't make much difference I'm just saying that it's not tantamount to a physical assault like some people try to make out. That's just being over emotional. I believe that most good fighters are on the gear and the only way to ensure a level playing field is to let everyone use it. What we have now is a shitty situation where fighters like Canelo can use it and remain undetected for long periods of time while fighters like GGG stay clean and are put at a disadvantage.

Or we go to the other extreme and have mandatory year-round testing for all fighters no if or buts and no ducking out of testing like Canelo did just because he didn't have a fight scheduled. This half-ass testing that we have going on is not doing anyone any favours.

I'm not saying it doesn't make much difference I'm just saying that it's not tantamount to a physical assault like some people try to make out. That's just being over emotional. I believe that most good fighters are on the gear and the only way to ensure a level playing field is to let everyone use it. What we have now is a shitty situation where fighters like Canelo can use it and remain undetected for long periods of time while fighters like GGG stay clean and are put at a disadvantage.

Or we go to the other extreme and have mandatory year-round testing for all fighters no if or buts and no ducking out of testing like Canelo did just because he didn't have a fight scheduled. This half-ass testing that we have going on is not doing anyone any favours.
well, i guess we'll have to disagree on the effect PEDs have.

no argument from me regarding the frequency of testing, though. i think every ranked guy should be tested year round, randomly, several times a month. anyone caught should be suspended for 2 years minimum, and should stay in the testing pool during that time if they want to fight once their suspension is lifted. second offense should be a 5 year minimum. trust me, there will be no third offenders.

I believe that most good fighters are on the gear and the only way to ensure a level playing field is to let everyone use it.

I thought like that some years ago but training with professionals and talking to them changed this completely. The worse the testing is, the more pressure athletes feel to take PEDs to even the playing field. Contrary to popular belief there are still a lot of professional athletes who dont take PEDs but as soon as you "let everyone use", the reality will be that everyone gets forced to use by his team, sponsors...etc. and they will go to extremes that will seriously harm the athletes health.

Russia is a perfect example with their state sanctioned doping system. To make it in Russia you HAD to buy PED for tens of thousands of dollars to even have a chance to compete and make money. This was a huge financial risk and health hazard. In my country we have in some sports very good PED testing and there are a lot of pro athletes who are very happy about that because they dont feel the need to take them to be competitive on a national level.

Nowadays the Tour de France has much less PED abusers (disregarding Skye Team) than all the major american sports exactly because of how drastic penalties are. It works! There is just no political will in many countries to really fight PED abuse as sucess in sports is also used as a political instrument.

I thought like that some years ago but training with professionals and talking to them changed this completely. The worse the testing is, the more pressure athletes feel to take PEDs to even the playing field. Contrary to popular belief there are still a lot of professional athletes who dont take PEDs but as soon as you "let everyone use", the reality will be that everyone gets forced to use by his team, sponsors...etc. and they will go to extremes that will seriously harm the athletes health.

Russia is a perfect example with their state sanctioned doping system. To make it in Russia you HAD to buy PED for tens of thousands of dollars to even have a chance to compete and make money. This was a huge financial risk and health hazard. In my country we have in some sports very good PED testing and there are a lot of pro athletes who are very happy about that because they dont feel the need to take them to be competitive on a national level.

Nowadays the Tour de France has much less PED abusers (disregarding Skye Team) than all the major american sports exactly because of how drastic penalties are. It works! There is just no political will in many countries to really fight PED abuse as sucess in sports is also used as a political instrument.

You make some good points. I really do feel for clean athletes that have to compete against users in sports that don't have adequate testing regimes. It must be difficult for clean athletes not to go down the PED route because they likely know they are going to get beaten by someone who is on the gear.

Russia is a real 'bad' example of where universal doping can go. So many of their athletes are getting caught but then when we hear about stuff like the Balco labs it seems like other countries top athletes are using it at a high level with sophisticated new drugs that aren't yet detectable. Meanwhile, the less sophisticated users like the Russians get caught. It's like an arms race between the testers and the drug producers/users.

The Tour De France is good example of a sport trying to clean up its reputation. I wish that more sports could follow their example. But I can't see the NFL going really hard on drug testing because the sport wouldn't look as spectacular as it looks now if PEDs were really cracked down on.

But I can't see the NFL going really hard on drug testing because the sport wouldn't look as spectacular as it looks now if PEDs were really cracked down on.

I do think the only solution is the government going full in. Just like back then with Marion Jones. If they would do this, 5 years and they would get the majority of PED abusers in NFL, NBA via criminal investigation by destroying the distribution channels and give athletes lifetime bans. The backlash Armstrong gets would be ok but its hypocrisy at its finest when they gush over LeBron..etc.

Back