Mexican Football (Soccer) Players in Europe - parte tres, Vela Me La Pela edition

windkick

Flying Toe Hold.
@Gold
Reaction score
I'll keep this OP updated with any news about players of "El Tri" playing in Europe.
Also discussion about "El Tri", and transfer rumors

----
Alan

Last edited:
The complete Mexico and USA squads, with positions provided by CONCACAF:

Mexico and U.S. will need to cut the squad to 23 players by Oct. 1

Goalkeepers: Guillermo Ochoa (Malaga); Moises Munoz (Club America); Alfredo Talavera (Toluca); Jonathan Orozco (Monterrey)

Defenders: Paul Aguilar (Club America); Diego Reyes (Real Sociedad); Rafael Marquez (Hellas Verona); Hector Moreno (PSV Eindhoven); Miguel Layun (Porto); Oswaldo Alanis (Guadalajara); Arturo Rivas (Tigres); Miguel Herrera (Pachuca); Jorge Torres Nilo (Tigres)

Midfielders: Israel Jimenez (Tigres); Andres Guardado (PSV Eindhoven); Jose Juan Vazquez (Leon); Hector Herrera (Porto); Jesus Duenas (Tigres); Javier Aquino (Tigres); Jonathan Dos Santos (Villarreal); Luis Montes (Leon); Carlos Pena (Leon); Javier Guemez (Club America)

Forwards: Oribe Peralta (Club America); Raul Jimenez (Benfica); Carlos Vela (Real Sociedad); Carlos Esquivel (Toluca); Jesus Corona (Porto); Javier Hernandez (Bayer Leverkusen); Elias Hernandez (Leon); Jurgen Damm (Tigres); Giovani dos Santos (LA Galaxy)

vs

Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa); Bill Hamid (D.C. United); Tim Howard (Everton); Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

Defenders: Ventura Alvarado (Club America); DaMarcus Beasley (Houston Dynamo); Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City); John Brooks (Hertha Berlin); Geoff Cameron (Stoke City); Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC); Greg Garza (Atlas); Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy); Michael Orozco (Club Tijuana); Tim Ream (Fulham); Jonathan Spector (Birmingham City); DeAndre Yedlin (Sunderland)

Midfielders: Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake); Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes); Michael Bradley (Toronto FC); Joe Corona (Veracruz); Mix Diskerud (New York City FC); Fabian Johnson (Borussia Monchengladbach); Jermaine Jones (New England Revolution); Alfredo Morales (FC Ingolstadt); Lee Nguyen (New England Revolution); Danny Williams (Reading); Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy); Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

Forwards: Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC); Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC); Alan Gordon (LA Galaxy); Aron Johansson (Werder Bremen); Jordan Morris (Stanford); Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes); Bobby Wood (Union Berlin)

It lookjs like Carlos Vela may join Gio in the MLS, some of the reasons been cited is he wants to be closer to his family after his 10 year run in Europe (yep its been that long) and his like for american sports like the NBA actually attract him to move to the states.

Ulises Davila will return to Mexico with Santos after long loan run were he never played with Chelsea.

And Rafa Marquez may end his career with Atlas the club were he debuted.

Will suck that both Vela and Gio move to the MLS in the primes of their careers especilaly when they were having some moderate succes.

Also, Hector Moreno avenged Chicharito today by breaking Shaws leg and scoring against Utd.

I kid, I feel bad for Shaw. Hope he recovers well and soon

Chicharito had his first 3 goal game in Europe.

His goal totals so far 10 league, 5 champions, 2 cup.

n
Also, Hector Moreno avenged Chicharito today by breaking Shaws leg and scoring against Utd.

I kid, I feel bad for Shaw. Hope he recovers well and soon

20150915175225.jpg

He made lots of geeks angry.

tuit315092015.jpg

tuit215092015.jpg

tuit115092015.png

Yea I keep reading Vela might be headed to Rapids. If anything he should he should leave Sociedad; since Montanier and Greiezeman left they really have been struggling to get anything going. Went from top table contender to fighting to avoid relegation. Vela's level also dropped significantly, he had a great like 3 season run but since then has decreased. Maybe he already peaked, or maybe it's the systems he's been used in since Montanier left but it's clear he isn't on his A-Game anymore.

bye Ochoa. Maza did okay in his friendly cameo. He deserves over Reyes.

LMAO.

Internet warriors are the best :)

Puro pinche pedo

I'd been avoiding that video because of how people described it.

Should not have clicked this thread.

I didn't see the match but who do you guys think looked better?

Ochoa or Corona:

Fabian or Guardado:

Gio or Chicha:

Oribe or Pulido:

Aquino? How did he look?

Ochoa and Corona both played well imo, although the beautiful header by Bruno Alves on Ochoa is probably going to cost him the starting spot.

Guardado had a solid performance, couple decent shots, I don't remember him turning the ball over much if ever. I can't really remember Fabian doing much other than earning fouls.

Gio did his normal thing, trying to create, taking on defenders, etc. Chicharito had a good game imo, he gave a good pass to Herrera who got a shot on goal and set up Pulido one on one with the keeper.

Oribe had a pretty quiet game, spent most of the time fighting off defenders, don't think he had any good chances. Pulido had a one on one with the keeper but it was saved, it looked like he kinda made a poor first touch on the ball.

Aquino had around 6 mins of playing time so he couldn't/didn't do much.

It has been quiet here, so some quick notes.

Looks like Osorio will be the next coach of el Tri, most people.

Gallito Vasquez and Gio are out of the game against the USA.

Tecatito has been killing it, surpprisingly Layun has been good and beacuse things can never be perfect Herrera has been benched.

Mexico U-22 will play Canada for a spot in the Olympics.

chicha actually had a pretty good game better in 30 minutes thsn gio in 60

USA's back line is in complete disarray. I think Mexico is going to win on Saturday.

its a well known fact that Chicharito plays better as a sub. He did good though, except that he struggles against against big guys in the D.

Yea, let's get this shit over with.

Yea Chicha always does better off the bench

Not big on our starting 11.

-------------Munoz
-Aguilar--Reyes--Moreno--Layun
------------Marquez
----Herrera------Guardado
-Jimenez--------------Peralta
-----------Hernandez

Guardado is great for ball possession but still creates 0 chances on the offense, Layun, Aguilar, Marquez , Chicha all seem to create more clear chances on the front with their passes than Guardado.

Fabian was in 10 minutes and 2 plays he was in resulted in 2 yellow cards for Portugal, but both were rebounds that Fabian got in good position.

As for Ochoa/Corona I think both are equal, except Corona has this reputation of getting in fights and Ochoa is kinda femme looking, it makes me feel Corona is the more alpha of them (sherdog logic).

Mexico is not all that different from how things were with Chepo. Of the 6 goals scored in these 4 games 5 were from long shoots they are not creating much in the front.

I think just like in Confederations they can make it competitive against all teams but lose because they will not score and will receive goals in some defensive mistake.

Last edited:
And THATS THAT.

USA were absolutely scared all game. Parked the bus and hoped for counters to get them by..very cowardly.

Mexico wins a well deserved win. Next stop Russia.

MTE4MDAzNDEwNzE0MDY4NDk0.jpg

Pulido had the winning goal in a pass from chicha but missed.

Here we come brasil 2016
Russia 2017

Us soccer black saturday

Congratulations, Mexico. You finally played like an actual team, and deserved to defeat the U.S. You took back the top dog spot, at least for the time being.

Now, try to not suck so much when playing vs. South American and European teams. Kthk.

Jona strikes again!

Barcelona have a 8m + Jonathan dos Santos bid accepted by Real Sociedad for goal keeper Claudio Bravo; however the deal is now off because Jona is refusing to be apart of the deal. Player wants to speak to the coach before making a decision on his future.

Lmao jesus christ it's hard to like this motherfucker. He's now 24, never played two full back to back matches in any first division, rittled with leg injuries, and still turns down offers to actually go out and play. Dude might as well chain himself to the Camp Nou until he retires; why even call himself a player? Dudes the dressing room photograher

Congratulations, Mexico. You finally played like an actual team, and deserved to defeat the U.S. You took back the top dog spot, at least for the time being.

Now, try to not suck so much when playing vs. South American and European teams. Kthk.

Bahahahahaha

Ww are not world beaters but our starting 11 always sedeed in copa america and has not missed round of 16 in wc no matter who they put in out group for some 20 something year many sout amerocan and european nations would kill that

Come on troll on,, your tears are sweet at least be inventive

LOL

Butt hurt as fuck :)

What a disgrace of a game by the USA, sat back and tried to Mourinho us and it didn't work.

Not only did the "top dog" get wrecked on American soil today, but also potentially will miss the Olympics for a 2nd straight cycle by losing to HONDURAS. Let that sink in for a second. Meanwhile we beat Canada and will return to the Olympics...where we won gold last time. Meanwhile USA just keeps playing like shit, couldn't beat us and finished 4rth at the Gold Cup (can't even sell it out it's own games unless they are playing with us). So yea

And I hope your not trying to count those wins over Germany and Netherlands in those friendly matches as someshit to brag about, lmao. In official matches ya'll have been shit for a while now

Cameroon players are in the middle of a strike demanding money from their federation, the chance to win one grows lol.

The Jona to real sociedad move rumor gets stronger as does Vela to Atletico.

Last edited:
Gotta give edge props for showing up , unlike that usa usa thread that has not been seen since the germany b squad game, such bandwagooners

Reports that Ochoa will start at goal and Oribe and Gio up front with Chicharito on the benh. If only they bench Guardado for Fabian and I'm happy

Just like the fans that show up to there games. USA only sells out when they play us (which is really us selling it out)

The line up has been confirmed by Herrera, he even explains some of his decisions.

Ochoa as keeeper.

Maza over Reyes based on Herrera seeing Reyes as stilll green and Maza well experienced.

Guardado, Vazquez, Herrera on mf based on ball possession.

Gio and Peralta on chemestry they showed since the 2012 games.

Maza, really? He's a liability.
Sucks that Mier had to miss the WC :(

Maza, really? He's a liability.
Sucks that Mier had to miss the WC :(

So is Reyes. You guys overrate these youngsters for their merits in a inferior tournament. Aside from Herrera, the Liga MX youth players look mediocre.

Looks like Vela is gonna go back to Arsenal. Atleast Dos Santos is not in London. Last time these 2 were barely focused on football

Btw it's pretty fucking mind boggling that the USA keeps using Jozy. Like wtf lmao

Also, pretty wild to see us win a big game without using Jona, Vela, Gio, or Ochoa. I understand some of them aren't playing or in bad form but I feel at least Jona should of came on instead of Guemez or whatever the fuck that troncos name was. Also Tecatito has a bad knack of trying to take on every play 1 on 1, and ends up losing the ball. Surely Vela could of done a better job and has more experience and would of looked for the pass. Tecatito kept get muscled off the ball every time he tried to protect it

Back