Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classics are supposed to be higher quality than boxeo and zepol. Its too bad GH since my gloves were based on yours but mine didnt have any major issues

I thought zepol dad's were the best? I have a pair of these. Nice and ergonomic. Leather is a bit plasticky. Padding is sufficient for sparring. Mine ran a little light which I have no problem with.

The bad thing about these are the label. Its laminated in thick plastic. Its easily fixed with tape or a glove cov or wrist band or whatever. You can cut someone with it in sparring for sure, but like I said an easy fix.

I could definitely recommend the gloves since I own em... Im sure the other stuff is good too but I cant speak from experience.

Classics are supposed to be higher quality than boxeo and zepol. Its too bad GH since my gloves were based on yours but mine didnt have any major issues

This was definitely not always the case.
Boxing Classics has definitely updated their logo and their leather.
The gloves I got in 2006~2007 from Boxing Classics were nowhere near the quality of the gloves I got this year from Boxeo. Those gloves were just cheap, the leather felt plasticky, and they just felt poorly made.

Wife is gonna kill me, but I just bought these, lol. She said I should get a facebar headgear, so that part is justified. I just couldn't leave the gloves behind though. Guess eventually I will need a Red/White/Blue No foul protector as well.

I am officially more American than everybody else in this thread.

Gixx lol. But nah I just use my black Reyes no foul on everything I use. It's the only piece I haven't had multiples of.

Do a review ASAP bro! Maybe since it is from Juan do a comparison between boxeo zepol and classics :)

Gixx lol. But nah I just use my black Reyes no foul on everything I use. It's the only piece I haven't had multiples of.

Do a review ASAP bro! Maybe since it is from Juan do a comparison between boxeo zepol and classics :)

I definitely will.

Yeah, I think the red on these are the same as red on my zepols, so my no foul should be alright but I might add another one in the future regardless, lol

Last edited:
Gixx do you actually use/have Reyes? I know you bought some for your office but do you use em?

Gixx do you actually use/have Reyes? I know you bought some for your office but do you use em?

I have never owned Reyes gloves(well other than these fight gloves that I just got), but I have used them a few times. I have a Reyes headgear as well. I used my "new to me" fight gloves on the DE bag today though, oh my. 10oz gloves are just unfair, lol. I keep saying I am going to buy some Reyes for sparring, but I never end up doing it, lol. It will happen soon though. I have used some 16oz lace ups and hook and loop before. I liked them both, especially the lace ups, I just wish they were a bit narrower.

IMAG0157_zps6de7264b.jpg

Last edited:
I have never owned Reyes gloves(well other than these fight gloves that I just got), but I have used them a few times. I have a Reyes headgear as well. I used my "new to me" fight gloves on the DE bag today though, oh my. 10oz gloves are just unfair, lol. I keep saying I am going to buy some Reyes for sparring, but I never end up doing it, lol. It will happen soon though. I have used some 16oz lace ups and hook and loop before. I liked them both, especially the lace ups, I just wish they were a bit narrower.

IMAG0157_zps6de7264b.jpg

That room looks awesome, 2 great classic American sports. I am trying to do something like that in my office, which is a room in my house.

Yeah I still need to add some Marquez Memorabilia to my wall. I have Pacquiao fight shorts signed with a certificate and photo of him signing it lol. Now I just gotta add some Marquez stuff, Im hoping to get some Gloves. I gotta do it before he retires cuz the price will get jacked up.

In my experience there are 2 types of Reyes gloves. Directly from Mexico, and the US version. The US version sucks. I know some reviews say otherwise, but I think they their versions messed up.

A real Reyes is quite different. I mean the pocket is bigger than most gloves but its not super jumbo like Ive seen some of the pics.

If you search hard enough you will see what Im talking about. I own genuine Reyes, and Ive seen some US version and wore em, they definitely aren't the same.

Congratz on the yellow belt.

Thanks

Strat, you prolly do mean the ringside Reyes. They are the only ones I've used. They were awesome, but ugly. The leather was peeled off in a lot of places and then the right glove completely split open at the fingers. Granted, they were community gym gloves, it was still disappointing. I have no experience with the Mexican ones, but have heard they are better.

You're talking about the ringside Reyes i'm guessing?

Yeah I unfortunately contributed to incorrect evaluations from my misunderstood preference of the ringside reyes.

I had a pair of big ass 16oz velcro/lace white reyes gloves which had widely dispursed padding because of its ginormous size. But it felt broken in right off and was really nicer than the Ringside Reyes which were stiff and shit. I liked the ringside better because they werent so big and had a little more padding, albeit stiff as hell. But they werent better. Had I ordered a 16oz Lace up from Mexico they wouldnt have been as big as the velcro combo lace combo Im fairly certain. In fact thats the reason I custom ordered a 16oz in 12oz size directly from Reyes. Those were the softest Reyes ever made...

Haha I can imagine. Reyes should seriously consider making safetech training gloves (not fight gloves)...

Does anyone know how the latex padding in safe tech differs from regular? If there is a significant difference then maybe safetech training gloves would make more sense than the off-weight, ill-padding distributed extra padded gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back