Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are the only guy, whose opinion I respect anyway, who has anything good to say about Adidas. I tried their Amateur/AIBA headgear and they point blank suck.
A kid at the gym bought the AIBA gloves and they fell apart in 4+ months. Now, AIBA stuff is supposed to have a certain acceptable level of quality. If Adidas does bad on that, I can only imagine what the other stuff looks like.

As for me, I stand behind my 'old style' IMFs, which I paid $65+ shipping for. They are true to weight, good stitching and the padding is very good.

Mine are still holding up well. They are pretty well made. But naturally these are not high end gloves, they are just decent for 72 bucks, in my opinion much more decent than 120 new ringside IMF. For 72 I really, really like them.

I would not judge Adidas gear from the experience with AIBA. As I said I hate AIBA Adidas gloves, I would never use them for anything but competition. I much more prefer Top Ten or even Everlast AIBA. And honestly I really do not think AIBA gear is relevant here.

These rigid cuff gloves are really good gloves, at least for 72. But completely agreed, the old Ringside IMF offer an equal value for 75 (though I still prefer Adidas).

Points taken...I am just very skeptical of Adidas/Reebok and the alike when it comes to boxing gear. Maybe this model proves to be an exception. Who knows. A review would be nice!

Technoir
Just got my Boxeos in today!
Thanks a lot!

So far, they're exactly what I was hoping for.
They're not as wide as they look in the pictures and the thumb protector doesn't look as big in person.
I think the leather's real nice, might be my favorite in a glove.
Overall, the gloves are a little like a more padded version of Grant with softer, more supple leather.
They also kind of remind me of KO fight gears with better leather, more padding, and a longer cuff.
Really easy to open the palm and bend the wrist back for Thai style defense.

Will do a more complete review at the 1 month point.

2013-07-08

those look nice, the thumb protector area does not look as big on those, that makes me excited to get mine in a few weeks. Are those 16s?

Technoir
Just got my Boxeos in today!
Thanks a lot!

So far, they're exactly what I was hoping for.
They're not as wide as they look in the pictures and the thumb protector doesn't look as big in person.
I think the leather's real nice, might be my favorite in a glove.
Overall, the gloves are a little like a more padded version of Grant with softer, more supple leather.
They also kind of remind me of KO fight gears with better leather, more padding, and a longer cuff.
Really easy to open the palm and bend the wrist back for Thai style defense.

Will do a more complete review at the 1 month point.

2013-07-08

Yes, please give us an update after a month. I was contemplating a pair of the Boxeos myself as Technoir seems to really back them. The only thing that hung me up was that the new Cletos with the hybrid cuff are roughly the same price from US outlets as it would be to get the Boxeos from Technoir. So, I think I'd lean toward the Cletos. Interested to see if you're blown away by the Boxeos. My Fairtex Super Sparring gloves still have a lot of life left though.

those look nice, the thumb protector area does not look as big on those, that makes me excited to get mine in a few weeks. Are those 16s?

Yep, 16oz.

Couple things I didn't mention:
-just leather, not a pad, where the fingertips make contact in making a fist
-thumb position feels kinda set high (in line w/knuckles) like a Reyes or even a Shevlin
-thumb position doesn't feel so bad with handwraps
-pretty sure that both issues will get better once broken in, but they're not bad as is

Quick input before i do a review. I personally feel boxeos are a great glove. I also feel they out perform zepols.

Quick input before i do a review. I personally feel boxeos are a great glove. I also feel they out perform zepols.

uh oh

what size did you get again?

Juan said my Boxeos should be done and ship out next week

I've honestly heard nothing but great things about boxeo. Can you answer if there is a significantly better protection in boxeo compared to reyes and zepol. SIGNIFICANTLY better?

I would say yes to Significantly better protection. Honestly, I dont think Ive used a similar padding before. It absorbs shock really well and it soft at the same time. I didnt find the padding Bulky at all. I find that Reyes and Zepols padding are pretty close to each other. Boxeo is definitely far more protective.

Interesting to say considering boxeo reyes and zepol all use latex padding. I wonder how boxeo feels so different despite the exact same material. I'm assuming you can easily make a fist/it feels broken in already? I await your review for sure. Also, is this the pair of gloves you got a color scheme on that you refused to reveal to us?

yeah lol they are the ones :), They may all use the same latex padding but I seriously doubt its the same type. Actually compared to Zepols (already broken in) I feel Boxeos need a break in period. The thumb is stiff for sure and the glove itself requires some work in time.

Yeah sadly I have many gloves on order atm lol. I got Juan's Boxeos in. Still waiting on 3 more pairs from other companies!

yeah lol they are the ones :), They may all use the same latex padding but I seriously doubt its the same type. Actually compared to Zepols (already broken in) I feel Boxeos need a break in period. The thumb is stiff for sure and the glove itself requires some work in time.

That's exactly what I thought when I got mine in (re: the break-in time), but I've used them for 3 workouts now and I think the break in period's going to be pretty quick. The thumb has already gotten pretty comfortable. I mean, if the gloves get even better at the end of a month, then they may be the best gloves I've ever used (never tried winning tho).

Noticed an interesting thing on feedback.
I wasn't landing one of my lead shots correctly (jab, uppercut, or hook, I forget) and i could feel like a slight pang/twinge that would normally indicate soreness coming on. It was enough to let me know to fix my technique. Surprisingly, the soreness never came. Personally, I'd say that's the perfect amount of feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back