Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
is the padding in all these Mexican gloves kinda "spongy" like Grant's and Reyes' ?

From the gloves I've used.

Reyes soft and spongy
Zepol soft and springy
Grant(pre split colors) perfect, not too hard or soft
JC Pacheco just hard

I'm sick of the Winnings fluffiness.
It's so hard to back someone up but I also need that hand protection .

Any ideas ?

I'm sick of the Winnings fluffiness.
It's so hard to back someone up but I also need that hand protection .

Any ideas ?

Jc's are hard bag gloves that will fuck someone up if that's what you're aiming at.

Jc's are hard bag gloves that will fuck someone up if that's what you're aiming at.

No , not trying to fk ppl up.
I'm not a monster puncher or delusional Tyson wannabe but I'm a cutter. Right through headgear even , a few times.
I used to use Reyes but it was too harsh on my partners.
Switched to Winnings but it's starting to get a tad annoying .
Never cut anybody since though.

Just looking for something a bit more solid than Winnings.
Just a bit.

I'm not a monster puncher or delusional Tyson wannabe but I'm a cutter. Right through headgear even , a few times.

Just a bit.

In that case GRANT maybe?
Or you can tell make a deal with your partner to go 110% before your sparring starts. :)

Grants felt too stiff. Could barely make a fist properly.

I am sorry to say it like that, but it seems you are running out of options.

IMHO, if Winning, Grant and Reyes do not work for you, it will be very hard to find something suitable unless you go completely custom and can describe exactly what you looking for.

You might as well try highly customized Grants, some of the choices here or Bill Beaulieu
[email protected]

Best of luck
Gus

I've used the Cleto Reyes handwraps a few times now. Instead of being semi-elastic like the handwraps on the market right now, they are bit more stiff. The black ones not so much (has a tiny stretch), but the red ones are extremely stiff. You have to wrap them tight. If your gloves are tight fit, you'll have problems putting them on, but if not like Zepol or Reyes, you'll be fine.

The width of the wrap is half the size as a regular handwrap, but that poses no problems. They probably make it this way because of the stiffness.

The velcro is flipped around so the sticky part is on the bottom and the top strap will not stick to the wrap if it overlaps. I suppose this is to keep the life of the wraps.

They don't strangle your hands like hayabusa so they are viable, but don't have the clean handwrap look like the other wraps out there.

Black ones are good, red ones way more stiff due to the material. 8/10 for red, 9/10 for black, they are long.

Unfortunately Technoir isn't allowed to sell Reyes to us anymore, but you can find these handwraps online from a Reyes distributor.

Just a bit.

If you're looking for reasonably priced custom gloves (by custom I mean the colors), this is the right thread. Check out my review on page 106 or a complete list of gloves and their attributes on page 9 by Technoir. It is also good to ask Technoir for his opinion.

Last edited:
swzvc8.jpg

How was their performance?
I have Two pairs of the gloves they are ripped inside but can still be worn. The Casnova headgear has a broken strap but in perfect condition. The seyer headgear was always an odd shape.

ordered a pair of the zepol boxing boots, not sure if i will be able to review them as this will be my first pair of boots and i only practice muay thai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back