Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had no problems with mine in the lining but the thumb position in zepols feels so much better

My Zepols kick ass. No complaints other than the wrists could be better.

Ok, back from Vegas, Pictures are up! The lost package also arrived, it apparently was stuck in customs or something hence the green customs tape.

Here is a size comparison
PC240001_zpsa4c02634.jpg

PC240003_zps5b6a6e24.jpg

The Campeon gloves seem lopsided so we'll see how they turn out.
PC240006_zps2997c3a3.jpg

PC240007_zpsb1992de2.jpg

PC240008_zps1a3302ca.jpg

PC240009_zpsdc3f8b58.jpg

Part 2 coming up.

PC240010_zps19bfff71.jpg

PC240011_zps17d30a45.jpg

PC240014_zps58e02926.jpg

PC240015_zpsd6b9aa17.jpg

PC240016_zpsf7ac5246.jpg

The Cleto Reyes handwraps are not as stretchy as the common handwraps today. The black ones are a little more flexible than the red ones which are really stiff. We'll see how they turn out.

My cheek protector headgear and groin belt have come in the mail. I don't know what I'm going to do with them yet. The headgear fits well and feels like it can give some nose cushioning. If I feel better, I might be able to test the gear out this week after I condition the leather and redo the laces with elastic. The Zepol and Campeon come with some really good laces, especially the Zepol.

Dude I got my freaking gloves back today that had the ripped lining. The worst fix job I have ever seen in my life. It's barely a fix! WTF!? Freaking JC gloves have given me nothing but grief yet I order a pair for my friend and he hasn't had any problems. 2 pairs and 2 different problems. :(

Try getting some colored duct tape at walmart. These aren't sparring gloves it will look like battle damage or something.

awesome gloves, how was training in Vegas?

O

The Campeon gloves seem lopsided so we'll see how they turn out.
PC240006_zps2997c3a3.jpg
yeah the left hand looks bigger than the right hand glove huh

The Boxeos look pretty big in comparison to the Zepols/Campeons

awesome gloves, how was training in Vegas?

yeah the left hand looks bigger than the right hand glove huh

The Boxeos look pretty big in comparison to the Zepols/Campeons

Training in vegas was great, learned a ton from Sinister; he's got a bunch of threads in F11 explaining his techniques.

I wouldn't say bigger, the right one looks more slanted:/

The Boxeo's are 18oz and the other two are 16oz, could be why. But yeah it's kinda abnormally big on one part. The leather feels abnormal like lizard skin instead of goat. The zepols seem to have a huge wrist component and the Campeon's are way tighter and have more wrist protection definitely.

I know I asked this question way too many times in this thread already, but now that you guys have had a chance to try out a good selection of mexican gloves, which would you guys recommend for maximum hand protection, with no regard for what's being hit? (eg. heavy bag work only)

As fun as my velcro cletos are, they're either way too soft or thin. Almost pulled the trigger on the JCs while you guys were still raving about their density, but hearing Clamp's knuckles got all busted up with them pretty much broke my heart.

You can wait for my review on the Campeon's and Zepols. I'd aim for something that has a tighter fit. If you want to get a JC, there are plenty of people selling their pairs in the forums if you want to get it cheaper or not risk having the old man use bad leather.

It looks like the left glove was cut/curved wrong, it looks like the pinky side is higher than the thumb side, could lead to some hand injuries; also, with all the gear you bought from Mexico they probly thought you were smuggling drugs, lol.

It looks like the left glove was cut/curved wrong, it looks like the pinky side is higher than the thumb side, could lead to some hand injuries; also, with all the gear you bought from Mexico they probly thought you were smuggling drugs, lol.

It's been 3 months since it was sent out and stuck in customs:p I bet they xrayed the headgear and groin belt for cocaine because it can be used for padding too:rolleyes: Good thing I changed services or more gear would have been stuck.

Tonight I tested the Campeons on the heavybag and they have held up very well. Due to the tightness of the gloves, I did not have problems hitting the bag. The wrist padding is also VERY THICK, moreso than the JC and Zepol. I would say these are ideal for heavybags and can easily replace JC's. The padding on the knuckle is soft and can be used for sparring also. Don't know if they do customwork, you might have to ask Technoir. Tomorrow I will test on sparring and maybe padwork. So far they take the cake as being the best and I would say to put these on if you're ready to go to war.

Zepol's will be tested Friday and Saturday, sparring, padwork, and heavybags. I was informed by Technoir that these Zepols have extra padding (just looks like normal padding). Still ginormous wrist, maybe some HnL converters would help, but we will see.

Also I'm thinking of selling my purple/gold JC Pacheco headgear and groin belt since I already found adequate replacements for that gear if anyone is interested down the line.

I really like the gold color Zepol uses. The last thing I need is another pair of gloves.... must resist....

So Campeon makes Custom Colors then minus those two features?

Yeah Death.

available colors: Red,blue,black, white, yellow,green,pink,purple,silver,gold.

Then You like Campeon gloves, is it?

Saludos

Last edited:
Yeah Death.

available colors: Red,blue,black, white, yellow,green,pink,purple,silver,gold.

Then You like Campeon gloves, is it?

Saludos

On Page 9 a while back you said they didn't do custom work, but it looks like they do to some degree.

So far I really like them, just need to do more tests. The lopsidedness doesn't affect the performance.

On Page 9 a while back you said they didn't do custom work, but it looks like they do to some degree.

So far I really like them, just need to do more tests. The lopsidedness doesn't affect the performance.

You are rigth Death I did not specifyed the degree of custom work Campeon can make, sorry.

They can

Ok just finished sparring with the Campeons and I can say that they are really good. If you have big hands (mine are a size large and they do fine) you might want to pass. If not, go for it. It has the best wrist protection I've ever seen out of all the gloves I've tried. Big and thick on the wrist. If you're thinking about buying JC's, save yourself the trouble of dubious quality leather and go with a Campeon. They even have custom colors too (no splits though, for that go Zepol).

As for Boxeo maybe the lighter oz gloves might be a little tighter in the hand (or else you can use a knuckle guard), but I can't say because I don't have one. It will still be my main sparring glove since it has good wrist and knuckle protection.

Tomorrow and saturday the extra padding Zepol's are next. Going to do heavy bag, mitts, and sparring.

Last edited:
How dense is the foam on the Campeon compared to the Zepol. I love the fit of the Zepol but it's a a little too soft and springy for my taste.

deth so you felt the wrist were a bit big on your zepols as well. i i got some reg 18 and thought that was the cause because my 10oz fit nice and snugg. let me know how the 16 extra padding are because i want to pick up the bronze ones from tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back