Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or at least try and switch it with a Zepol.

I asked just in case he has a pair lying around. Here are what they look like though:
Foto0646.jpg

Foto0645.jpg

Looks nice, fyi the white part is very easy to scuff and it will look like the paint has faded. Nice if you want a battle worn look.

If no zepol they try campeon or boxeo.

Thanks bud. I wanted something a bit vintage but modern at the same time. I'm a big fan of that kind of look. I asked him what he has in stock. I guess I'll do a comparison with the JCs. We are in talks right now I'm just waiting for him to get off of work to see what we can do.

I see that campeon and boxeo are the only ones of the bunch who uses Goat leather rather than Cow. What are the qualities of Goat leather in comparison?

so yeah I bought a pair of Zepols along with the custom blue and white gloves. I got a deal on it. I'm partially satisfied I suppose but all of this will make a good review for the site.

I see that campeon and boxeo are the only ones of the bunch who uses Goat leather rather than Cow. What are the qualities of Goat leather in comparison?

I'll find out once once I get my 18oz Boxeo Gloves next month... People who have bought Boxeo have been raving about them so I figured I would take the plunge for my next acquisition.

Also, I think we should avoid Pacheco gloves if the guy can't remember to install a extra softer pad. Zepol all the way!

Hi All.

I want to say SORRY about this, I am seriously thinking about not offer JC PAcheco anymore, I had some problems with him about things he "forgot".

Saludos

Hi All.

I want to say SORRY about this, I am seriously thinking about not offer JC PAcheco anymore, I had some problems with him about things he "forgot".

Saludos

Maybe it was a pride thing that he "forgot" to put some things in his glove. Anyway, I don't think his gloves are suitable for us anyway and there are plenty of great alternatives. The rest of his gear, I'll have to test it out first.

But thanks for helping us out Technoir, we appreciate what you've done for us.

Maybe it was a pride thing that he "forgot" to put some things in his glove. Anyway, I don't think his gloves are suitable for us anyway and there are plenty of great alternatives. The rest of his gear, I'll have to test it out first.

But thanks for helping us out Technoir, we appreciate what you've done for us.

Speak for yourself partner. Nothing wrong with having options. I happen to love my JC's. :cool:

Speak for yourself partner. Nothing wrong with having options. I happen to love my JC's. :cool:

Agree. Nothing wrong with having options and I can see how the JCs can make excellent bag gloves, pads, etc...

But it is nice to be able to tell what you are going to get before you order it.

Agree. Nothing wrong with having options and I can see how the JCs can make excellent bag gloves, pads, etc...

But it is nice to be able to tell what you are going to get before you order it.

True. I would be a little pissed if I were in Clamp's position.

I would have loved to have the soft foam but eh what am I gonna do because I like the gloves a lot. The zepols I can't wait to use though. I keep hearing how much different it is compared to the jcs. I'm over the whole messed up order but it sounds like Pacheco "forgets" things a lot because it doesn't sound like I'm the first unsatisfied customer. I'd love to find out more.

Ya I love my JCs for bag work - to be honest, Mexicans have to be crazy to use them for sparring. I intended to use my JCs for sparring, but because they were so hard I decided not to risk getting the headgear or groin guard; I am also hesitant to order Zepol gloves now.

No need to be worried about Zepol gloves, they are excellent sparring gloves right out of the box. Very different than the Pacheco gloves.

No need to be worried about Zepol gloves, they are excellent sparring gloves right out of the box. Very different than the Pacheco gloves.

Hey Kaseri.

What you will change in Zepol to make it excelent not only for sparring but for heavy bag and mitt work?

Saludos

Here is how I would change the Zepol glove -

1) The wrist padding/support needs to be like the Pacheco glove.
2) The padding over the fist should be two layers. A thin firm layer that is close to the hand and the softer padding over that. But the total thickness should not be any greater.

It not so much the padding that is the issue, it is more to do with not getting what I ordered.

Just talked to Juan and my gloves should be sent out today. Juan is a cool guy. Throughout my whole order he kept me in the loop. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with my order and I really like his service. It wasn't his fault about the soft foam plus I was given a discount for the Zepols to make it right. If you guys are thinking about ordering I wouldn't hesitate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back