Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those JCs have a nice texture to them, nothing like mine.

I was under the impression they were all like mine. Oh well. I should be getting pictures of the other gloves soon.

You're gloves are still way sick. I had asked for similar colors but due to my requests they couldn't do it because I guess he buys materials for each glove and mine weren't going to use enough materials to justify the cost.

Ya, I love the colour and the fit, I was just disappointed when I couldn't use them for sparring. Now my coach wants me to get 18oz sparring gloves because I hit hard naturally, not throwing bombs. I can't afford or justify the cost of 18oz Winnings, so I think I am going to try Golden Gear's Winning/Heatseeker copy.

I want their new Victory Thai Pads lol.

It could of been the amount of paint used on my gloves.

They're most likely two different grains of leather. Clamps being full grain and yours most likely top grain. My gloves have both types.

This is what bothers me with lace up gloves. the gloves on the left got brand new laces the gloves on the right came with the stock laces. I needed longer laces.

Forget laces, you need spikes!

I noticed that the leather for the black/red JC's are the same type of leather on the cuff of mine. The top part of the glove feels like it was painted on and I can see some parts fading. It's ok, the gloves hold up well and some battle scars won't hurt:p

Just spoke to my muay thai coach today about the JC's and he says you can spar with it....., but they are really hard and he wouldn't want to be hit by it. He then made a joke that you could use it and people would think you hit hard.

So yeah, spar with it at your own risk depending on how much you like your training partners...

Just spoke to my muay thai coach today about the JC's and he says you can spar with it....., but they are really hard and he wouldn't want to be hit by it. He then made a joke that you could use it and people would think you hit hard.

So yeah, spar with it at your own risk depending on how much you like your training partners...

That sounds like you shouldn't spar with them... And if they would let you spar with those, then it doesn't sound like your gym is too safe.

That sounds like you shouldn't spar with them... And if they would let you spar with those, then it doesn't sound like your gym is too safe.

Some guys felt the glove and told me not to spar with those;)

No, but they are trying to be better by getting people with lower oz gloves to get 16 oz's. Most guys that go there are poor that's why some of their gloves are whack. That's why I got a Winning facebar since I can afford it.

Well your gym could always pickup a few cheap pairs of sparring gloves to loan out to the ones who can't afford them, so that way they can maintain the safety and encourage people to buy the proper gear since they won't be allowed to use whatever to have, and they will get tired of using sweaty gloves; worked for me when I started boxing.

Well your gym could always pickup a few cheap pairs of sparring gloves to loan out to the ones who can't afford them, so that way they can maintain the safety and encourage people to buy the proper gear since they won't be allowed to use whatever to have, and they will get tired of using sweaty gloves; worked for me when I started boxing.

just been restocking our gym's gloves and throwing out all the trash today

so far I've picked up 4x16oz pairs (all decent quality) and then this bundle of few 16s and lower weights + bag mitts for $185 altogether

ievwno.jpg

I used the gloves yesterday and the pad is like a shield. It's not absorbent like softer gloves but at the same time It has like this "rubbery" feel that deflects. I've had only 4 hrs of sleep so I'm still trying to find the right words.

On another note. Someone asked me to use the gloves to spar because they wanted to feel punches. We went 40% and even at a slow speed but with partial body weight they said it was like getting hit with a cast. So yeah, I can see why Canelo blasted those other guys. Love the gloves though.

Bummer Technoir just got my gloves and reported that Pacheco didn't put in the extra pad because he forgot. So I'll have the same gloves in 16 and 18 oz.

Bummer Technoir just got my gloves and reported that Pacheco didn't put in the extra pad because he forgot. So I'll have the same gloves in 16 and 18 oz.

Honestly, I would just refuse them, after all they are not what you asked for. I am glad it wasn't me, but sorry this happened.

Dunno what the deal is, but hopefully Pacheco can redo it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back