Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clamp's now going to do a head-to-head review of the original and new soft version JCs? All in Clamp's signature in-depth analysis?

The gods have been kind.

Clamp's now going to do a head-to-head review of the original and new soft version JCs? All in Clamp's signature in-depth analysis?

The gods have been kind.

Haha I have a lot of reviews ready and waiting but right now Law is editing them and getting them ready for the website. Expect some soon. I took too much time off of reviews lol.

The gods have been kind.

Yes indeed, we sacrificed 3 cows for this to happen.

canelo1.jpg

This guy is definitely wearing a JC helmet.

When my open faced headgear and groin belt come in, I can review those.

I am also going to try and buy a 18 oz Boxeo Glove and JC facebar headgear and review them also. This is going to be my boxing class/travel set.

Man you can tell Canelo is about to blast him. Those JCs look pretty awesome. I like the look of their open face headgear but I never had a better headgear than the Casanovas for me.

canelo1.jpg

I am also going to try and buy a 18 oz Boxeo Glove and JC facebar headgear and review them also. This is going to be my boxing class/travel set.

Just goes to show why Mexican boxers are so tough, sparring with JCs - but it also leads to beat downs.

canelo1.jpg

they have open faced headgear? pics?

I can post a pic of me wearing my cheek protectors when I get them in the mail.

The consensus seems to be that Winning beats JC Pacheco's. Literally:icon_chee

Haha nicely done :). I still can't believe the prices of the custom made gear. I'm sure even though some folks didn't like the hard padding of the JCs for sparring it's amazing what the price is for custom gloves made exactly how you like them.

Haha nicely done :). I still can't believe the prices of the custom made gear. I'm sure even though some folks didn't like the hard padding of the JCs for sparring it's amazing what the price is for custom gloves made exactly how you like them.

Speaking of JC's, I'm going to ask my coaches what they thing about the padding for sparring. I've seen people spar with 10-14oz (adults) at my gym so they are lax on glove size (cept you can't go hard).

But yeah, once you go custom, you don't go back;)

I don't think you will need to worry about headgear for competing sooner rather than later. It will no longer be referred to as Amateur boxing, rather Olympic Boxing.

http://www.aiba.org/documents/site1... of APB in the Statutes - October 5, 2012.pdf

So I think Novices <10 fights, females, and children will be the only ones wearing headgear by the end of next year.

Thanks, but it would be only for training, I just like that style more. I am using the Adidas atm for competition as well as training but want to check a couple alternatives really and see if I can't get something better. Last season I was using the Top Ten but just started liking the Adidas a little more, and before that Green Hill so I'm done looking at AIBA ones. They're all good just I think the AIBA tags make them more expensive. I know the Reyes amateur headguard isn't AIBA so I can't imagine any of these other ones would be either.

Interesting article, cheers for the link

Asked my coach, he said I could spar with the 16oz Pacheco since other guys spar with 8-12oz gloves (They don't go hard though, but he gives them shit for sparring with those gloves):/ One guy at my gym said it was like Cleto Reyes or something.

So you can spar with it if you wanna hit someone hard and they can take it. See the Canelo picture I post previously.:icon_twis

Well my JCs do not absorb impact at all, they just protect my hand and not my sparring partner; did your coach check the gloves out himself? JCs are nothing like Cleto Reyes in terms of the foam padding, once broken in Cletos are very soft.

I just got my JCs yesterday. I have a pair of Mexican Cleto Reyes and I hate them. Everyone loves them but I hate them. I am loving these 18 oz JCs but I will not use them to hit anyone! The padding is so dense right now as is, before break in, that there is actually resistance by the glove when I'm trying to make a fist. I am going to get pictures of my soft foam sparring JCs today and I'll compare it when I actually get them in but I'll post pictures of the one I bought from GHVA in a bit.

I just got my JCs yesterday. I have a pair of Mexican Cleto Reyes and I hate them. Everyone loves them but I hate them. I am loving these 18 oz JCs but I will not use them to hit anyone! The padding is so dense right now as is, before break in, that there is actually resistance by the glove when I'm trying to make a fist. I am going to get pictures of my soft foam sparring JCs today and I'll compare it when I actually get them in but I'll post pictures of the one I bought from GHVA in a bit.

Still waiting...

I love my JCs too, I was in denial as well and thought I could spar with them; did one light round with them, and they just hit too hard and that was before they were as hard as they are now.

IMG_20121023_103216_zpsb0526203.jpg

IMG_20121023_103316_zps1f0cb38c.jpg

IMG_20121023_103346_zps9bc1fc85.jpg

IMG_20121023_103438_zpsb0ab2ca4.jpg

IMG_20121023_103455_zpse88c6c06.jpg

This is what bothers me with lace up gloves. the gloves on the left got brand new laces the gloves on the right came with the stock laces. I needed longer laces.
IMG_20121023_103618_zps74a9d2ca.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back