Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
The king of the Mexican boxing gear.

Cleto Reyes, offers the best construction quality, top noch Boxing gear.

Just curious, is the Reyes facebar helmet the steel version or the nylon?

Just curious, is the Reyes facebar helmet the steel version or the nylon?

Reyes doesn't use the steel bar anymore.

They have two models of facesavers: E388 which is more compact and looks like the old steel bar model and the E387 which is a larger more padded model. Both have nylon bars. Have tried both and the design of the E388 is far superior IMHO. Unfortunately it did not fit me well. I have a big head :)

Hope this helps,
Gus

Reyes doesn't use the steel bar anymore.

They have two models of facesavers: E388 which is more compact and looks like the old steel bar model and the E387 which is a larger more padded model. Both have nylon bars. Have tried both and the design of the E388 is far superior IMHO. Unfortunately it did not fit me well. I have a big head :)

Hope this helps,
Gus

Thanks, I was just wondering if it needed steel to be effective, but it sounds like it does not.

Technoir even offers the best prices on Cleto Reyes gear.

I will be using my JCs for bag gloves, so I put the shorter laces back in; I took some pictures of the lining while I had a chance.

Mississauga-20121008-00352.jpg

Mississauga-20121008-00359.jpg

Mississauga-20121008-00360.jpg

Mississauga-20121008-00362.jpg

It seems like both thumbs are like that, now that might not be good as it is easy for the sweat to soak into to foam; as I guess, the gloves seem to have a two layer foam, softer foam on the inside and the latex pad on the outside, the gloves just need a softer outside layer to be perfect for sparring.

Technoir even offers the best prices on Cleto Reyes gear.

Cleto Gear from Mexico is $140-$170 plus $30 shipping on ebay right now so it's definitely a great deal. I've fallen in love with custom equipment though.

Last edited:
I was wondering how is the size of the hand compartment on the Reyes compared to the size of the hand compartment on the JCs?

If i were to order a custom pair which ones would you guys like to read about? I'm leaning towards Jc pachecos myself. Thoughts?

I was wondering how is the size of the hand compartment on the Reyes compared to the size of the hand compartment on the JCs?
Hey Big
Reyes are wider tha JC talking about hand compartment

This thread... this thread brings a tear to my eye with it's beauty.

If i were to order a custom pair which ones would you guys like to read about? I'm leaning towards Jc pachecos myself. Thoughts?

This:

I have gloves by both makers so I'll give you my thoughts on how they compare to one another.

Build quality -
Both makers have good quality stitching and leather. The leather on the Zepol gloves is soft and supple, much like the leather of a Winning glove. The JC Pacheco leather is less supple.

Padding -
Zepol gloves have nice soft padding over the knuckles, back of the hand and the wrist. I don't like how soft the wrist padding is on the Zepol gloves. I tend to like a lot of wrist support and prefer gloves with hard padding over the wrist area. Zepol gloves are sparring ready right out of the box. No break in needed.

JC Pacheco gloves have harder padding in the same areas. The wrist support of the Pacheco gloves is excellent. Pacheco gloves are not sparring ready out of the box. I think it will take a lot of use for Pacheco gloves to be usable for sparring.

Suitability for bag work & sparring -
Zepol gloves are suitable for bags/mitts and sparring but in my opinion they are most usable for sparring. I didn't notice any discomfort when using them on bags or mitts it just that I prefer them as a sparring glove.

JC Pacheco gloves excel at bag/mitt work. They have excellent protection for your hands. The trade off is that they are not really usable for sparring out of the box. I haven't had my Pacheco gloves long enough to know how they will be for sparring once broken in.

I hope that information helps.

Depends what you want to use it for, sparring with JC's is not recommended.

I want to do a more in depth one! It won't be for sparring but we shall see.

Having seen impressions posted for JC's, Seyer's, Zepol's, and Casanova's, I was wondering whether anyone had any impressions regarding Campeon. PS -- haven't purchased from him yet, but another thumbs up for technoir's rapid response times and patience with questions.

I'm not sure if reviews can be tough since I'm not trying to please anyone. It's just my opinions and findings while using the equipment. I just try to be as accurate as possible. Im sure I can write something up that people will find useful. That's what drove me to do all the previous reviews for our fellow sherdoggers. :)

I'm not sure if reviews can be tough since I'm not trying to please anyone. It's just my opinions and findings while using the equipment. I just try to be as accurate as possible. Im sure I can write something up that people will find useful. That's what drove me to do all the previous reviews for our fellow sherdoggers. :)

I meant that deciding between the two is tough because they both do custom work and almost look the same (JC's look better though).

I was just messing around. It's no secret. I use ebay, craigslist, allofcraigs, etsy, google, basically anything and everything. :cool:

Would you be willing to share pics of the gloves, and the template of the old MM's(doesn't hurt to ask). :)

Im at a disadvantage. Im living in the Philippines right now and cannot get materials. I cannot even get sheets of plastic to draw the templates on. Cannot get foam either. Im moving back to the States in the next few years so Ill really get it going.

I had alot of success using old foam and practicing with vinyl. Frustrating because I have a great sewing machine but no good leather. Im determined to make two kinds of gloves. Old school Flores and modified MM Las Dos but using cotton in the wrist support. Ill modify Flores. I have 3 pair of Flores Gloves but i don't like the canvas material. It frays along the edges of the laces and at the bottom of the cuff. I'll use leather for that. Im going to take my Winning gloves to a materials shop and get the exact lining. I love it. Thick ripstop waterproof nylon in white. Feels like silk putting on those gloves.

Funny, you have to use alot of back assward thinking when you go to assemble the glove.

Put in an order of jc custom colors though I would have bought stock colors.

Bummer I ordered a pair of 18oz JCs with the intent of using them as sparring gloves exclusively. Have not received them yet, but all of a sudden I hear all these comments on their being too stiff for sparring. As bag gloves I am not sure these are such a great deal!

Hey guys.

I just informed than I can not help You to buy, offer or sel Cleto Reyes boxing gear beyond M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back