Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, Just wanted to put the pics I just got from juan of my new zepols. I don't have them yet, but look forward to putting them to work.

mwp35y.jpg

Just ordered the hickies :icon_conf We will see how it goes...Looks promising! Although they are a LOT more expensive than lace-locks which did not work for me too well, but seem to play a similar role. Will keep you guys posted.

How are the "hickies" are working out for you?

I'm going to keep them and use them as loaners for the gym.

Last edited:
Finally used my JCs for sparring today, they are so light and fit so well, they were awesome; they are the perfect width, I had no problem landing my jab.

So how much softer did the padding become?

Well, when I push in with a finger in the knuckle area it takes a second or so for it to come back out, as opossed to to the back of the hand it is instant. It will only get better because they aren't 100% broken in yet.

been a while since i've posted in this thread, will finally be able to test out the gloves this upcoming week. work schedule has kept me from boxing class but can't wait to get in there and break in the gloves.

Just received my black JC Pacheco from Technoir. Actually i got them a while ago but didnt have the chance to try them out until now. Had a focus mitt session today, here are my thoughts on the gloves:

1. They look awesome, leather is very nice, craftsmanship is also very good. Not as good as my Cleto Reyes but not by a huge margin.

2. Wrist support is great, but of course they are lace up gloves so they should provide decent wrist support

3. Thumb positioning is just perfect for me. For some reasons, my Cleto's thumb positioning is a bit uncomfortable for me. I can still use them but its just a bit weird.

4. Padding is superb. I dont feel its that stiff at all, maybe just a tadbit stiff. They do make a loud pop when they hit the focus mitts though. I havent used them for sparring and since they are 10oz gloves, i dont think i would be using them for sparring at all.

5. What i love the most about the gloves: The narrow shape and smaller size of the hand compartment. The gloves really look small and compact and perfect for the focus mitt.

All in all, i really like the gloves. Havent found any negatives about the gloves at all.

The lack of detailed reviews and pictures to emerge out of this thread is soul crushing :(

First time poster long time lurker

Placed an order with Technoir and gloves ship today, cant wait to get them. I got the JC Pacheco's in 18oz velco.

7985874129_f16e4e5056_z.jpg

The lack of detailed reviews and pictures to emerge out of this thread is soul crushing :(

It is to build suspense; that and my JCs are so awesome and such an obscure brand I don't want everyone and their brother to start using them. I am selfish like that. :p

It is to build suspense; that and my JCs are so awesome and such an obscure brand I don't want everyone and their brother to start using them. I am selfish like that. :p

I am going to buy 20 and send 19 of them to random people in Ontario to spite you

Mississauga, Ontario

Placed an order with Technoir and gloves ship today, cant wait to get them. I got the JC Pacheco's in 18oz velco.

There was no mention of grey in the colour options... What's up with that, Juan? New colours available?

Nice combo. I was considering the same colors when I ordered mine.

Same here! :icon_evil

Nice, I might consider ordering a pair if the price is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back