Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been using my JC's for about a week. very hard padding at first, great hand protection, awesome quality, thick leather, comfortable liner. I have the 16 oz'ers, I think they will make excellent sparring gloves once they break in. Slim hand compartment which is nice, I have long fingers and they just fit into the gloves. I will post a full review with pics later. Very happy with my purchase and Juan was awesome to deal with. Highly recommend them. Personally I prefer them to my Cleto's and Rival's. I have only used grant's twice, so I cant compare directly.

En route from Juan and fresh out of the JC Pacheco workshop.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Can't wait to compare the JC Pacheco gloves to my Zepol gloves.

A mini review of my Zepol gloves is in order.

Zepol01.jpg

The Zepol gloves are a prefect sparring glove from the beginning. They have a very broken in feel to them. The padding is plentiful and soft. Even though the Zepol gloves are well padded and soft the overall profile of the glove is slender, which I really like. The leather is nice and soft as well. The stitches are well done and there are no areas of concern in that respect.

The fit of the Zepol glove is a bit snug with 180" wraps which is perfect in my opinion. You can open up your hand just enough to easily catch your opponents punches. The wrist support is good. The cuff padding is thinner than Reyes or JC Pacheco. In practice though I didn't notice the thinner padding when being hit there by my sparring partner so it's a non issue for me.

The only slightly negative thing I have to say about Zepol gloves is that the liner could be of a higher quality. The liner is not horrible, it's just not as good as Reyes. The other slightly negative thing is that the liner does not extend all the way down to the tips of your fingers. Juan tell me this is a common trait among authentic Mexican boxing gear brands. In practice though these two things do not bother me nor do I notice them.

I feel Zepol gloves are best used as a dedicated sparring only glove. You could use them on bags as well but given how broken in and comfortable they feel I can only assume that intense bag work will cause them to break down a lot quicker than a dedicated bag glove.

Last edited:
How are your zepol gloves compared with your grant's? Are they really worth $300 more than zepol? I bought a pair of zepol's and still be awhile before I get them from Juan.

my zepols came in. cant wait to try these out but now i hace to wait for them to get shipped to my apo. Juan it has been a pleasure to do business with you.

Grants are good and Zepols are good. They are both good for different reasons.

Last edited:
Customs finally released my gloves! Initial impressions coming shortly. The colors are a little richer than what my camera is showing. Beautiful gloves indeed.

IMG_8607.jpg

IMG_8605.jpg

IMG_8602.jpg

IMG_8603.jpg

IMG_8604.jpg

those...those...those are sooo sexxyy!!!!

*sulks*

Thanks buddy!

I haven't had the chance to do any rounds with these gloves but having tried them on, I have to say they are one of the best fitting gloves I've owned. I own a pair of 14 oz. Fairtex BGL-7 and always wanted a pair of 16 oz. gloves in the same slim profile as the Fairtex, well I finally found them. Most companies gloves get wider as they go up in weight, the Pacheco gloves stay slim, they are just a little longer and have a thicker, wider cuff than my Fairtex.

If you're in the market for Grant or Reyes gloves, I urge you to give JC Pacheco a look as well. For less than the price of Reyes and Grants, your getting yourself a quality custom glove. I sold my 16 oz. Grant to purchase these gloves, and I don't regret it for one minute, I'm actually glad I took the chance. Now I have a 16 oz. glove that fit great as opposed to a glove that just fit alright.

Edit: Comparison pic with the Fairtex.

24468C7B-6523-44CB-8781-8656EC54C660-3032-00000238C4D734EB.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks buddy!

I haven't had the chance to do any rounds with these gloves but having tried them on, I have to say they are one of the best fitting gloves I've owned. I own a pair of 14 oz. Fairtex BGL-7 and always wanted a pair of 16 oz. gloves in the same slim profile as the Fairtex, well I finally found them. Most companies gloves get wider as they go up in weight, the Pacheco gloves stay slim, they are just a little longer and have a thicker, wider cuff than my Fairtex.

If you're in the market for Grant or Reyes gloves, I urge you to give JC Pacheco a look as well. For less than the price of Reyes and Grants, your getting yourself a quality custom glove. I sold my 16 oz. Grant to purchase these gloves, and I don't regret it for one minute, I'm actually glad I took the chance. Now I have a 16 oz. glove that fit great as opposed to a glove that just fit alright.

Edit: Comparison pic with the Fairtex.

24468C7B-6523-44CB-8781-8656EC54C660-3032-00000238C4D734EB.jpg
so which would you say is of a higher quality, the JCs or the Fairtex Mexicans?

I love the fit of my JCs, they fit like a glove. :p I am surprised, because they didn't get any measurements, they also have great wrist support.

Are the JC's light? I was comparing my Triumphs 16oz to my title gloves yesterday and the title gloves were really heavy. I ordered some JC's too so they should be coming in the mail soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back