Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lace-up closure at the top and back make for a custom fit really. Doesn't move around much at all when hit.

Looks cool. I definitely like the lace ups in the back!

Do you know what model of headgear this is (E387)? I don't remember seeing a Reyes facesaver with laces on the back.

Thanks
Gus

Looks cool. I definitely like the lace ups in the back!

Do you know what model of headgear this is (E387)? I don't remember seeing a Reyes facesaver with laces on the back.

Thanks
Gus

Hi.

It is a nylon facebar headguard from about 12 years old, used a few times (maybe 5 times), the new ones have velcro strap

Hi.

It is a nylon facebar headguard from about 12 years old, used a few times (maybe 5 times), the new ones have velcro strap

Don't know why they switched to velcro! Laces have so much better fitment.

Don't know why they switched to velcro! Laces have so much better fitment.
You are completely right, laces give You better fit and steadynes I think.

I will use now a JC because PAcheco make it with laces.

is the answer craigslist? Nothing nearly as good here in the UK, although our ebay site gets a lot more boxing stuff than the American version for whatever reason

I was just messing around. It's no secret. I use ebay, craigslist, allofcraigs, etsy, google, basically anything and everything. :cool:

Im on a project to make exact replicas of these gloves. I have owned many pair of these and actually far inferior to the old Casanova's. This past year I have acquired both ols MM Las Dos and Casanova. The Casanova won hands down in what shape they were in. In the 80's my MM's leather was substandard but the leather MM's from ebay was in good shape but the liner was torn up and the foam crumbled.

After dissecting them here is what I found and something you should take into strong consideration. Foam is only good for the main area of the glove, the punching area. The wrist and cuff should be cotton batting anything but foam. Even Flores gloves never used foam in these areas. When foam gets repeatedly soaked with sweat and dries over time it gets very brittle and hard like stones.

Next is the welting. Welting is white, a thin strip of leather placed between the pieces of leather and sewn in to make the joint stronger. That is the old school "white line" you see going around the glove. I believe only Grant still does this. On the MM's this welting was a flimsy weak leather. On the old Casanova it was actually rawhide and as good as the day it was made.

On the Casanova the main foam area was brittle, stony so on the inside of the glove at the wrist joint i made a slit across and removed the old foam and replaced it with foam from some old Ringside Classics I had. Re-sewed it and the gloves are like new. The wrist area is like a vice when i tie them on. I can't savage the old MM's so I took them apart to make templates to make my own.

Would you be willing to share pics of the gloves, and the template of the old MM's(doesn't hurt to ask). :)

Last edited:
Captain America punch shield! Fucking classic!

420390_215975565167855_172438215_n.jpg

didnt realise Zepol had a FB page

Zepol Box Fabrica | Facebook

loads and loads of photos of custom gloves and all sorts of other equipment there. They even do some MMA stuff

Do I need to have a Facebook account to see these photos? The only photo I can see from the link is the punch shield.

here are some other Mexican gear sites

SEYER::::Guantes de Box::::Artes Marciales::::Equipo Profesional

Palomares Genuino

SPORT JORDAN - Distribuidor Autorizado para Mexico Cleto Reyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back