Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys can have the sexy JC's, my white n' blacks will be plenty flashy for me. I am just excited to try a new pair of Mexican gloves, I have always wanted to try something other than reyes, grant and promex... For the price for custom handmade gloves, if these are anywhere near the quality Tech has been talking about they are a steal.

Was this a Mexican brand that you've heard of?

Found a picture of Noclino Locche in a book, a larger version of:

locche.jpg

"ARTICULO SPORT
CORTI
EL MAS PERFECTO"

Hey Minowa, this bradn it is from Argentina, sorry but I never tried Corti Equipment.

Saludos

Last edited:
1.00 ars = 0.219058 usd

So it is stronger, but still no where near equal.

I received the gloves today! I would once again like to add that Technoir was a pleasure to purchase from. I ordered a pair of Seyer 10 oz. gloves. I had told SPANKY LA that when these arrived I would do a comparison to my Grant Training gloves 16 oz. I have yet to train in these so the following will be based off my initial impressions. Since I am comparing 10 oz. gloves to 16 oz. gloves and not Grant's Fight glove model this comparison is debased.

With all that said, there are some qualities in the Seyers that I prefer over the Grants'. The thumb positioning is much more natural in the Seyers, it feels organic as to otherwise being a prisoner. Also, while Grant Training gloves need hours of abuse to be broken in, the Seyers feel that way straightforward. Seyers will also fit like a cast on your entire hand while the Grants feel that way only on the wrist. This is due to the broadness of the Grant's and the slender fit of the Seyers. The lining on the inside is much more comfortable and less abrasive.

I love the hand compartment in the Grants, so voluminous. It allows me to possess a large pad for my knuckles. It is also apparent that while Seyers are great quality made gloves, Grant is a degree above. The leather on the Grants is also of much better quality. Opening your hand in the Grants' is done facile manner while Seyers is done upon much force. Perhaps my favorite thing about the Grants is the dense padding, it provides astounding protection to the whole hand.

Both of these gloves are amazing and offer many mentionable qualities. I cannot say, without having used Grant Fight gloves, which I prefer as both are used for different purposes and are different type of gloves. Each have amazing knuckle protection with the Grants offering more, as previously mentioned, they are 16 oz. However, the amount of protection in the Seyers for being only 10 oz. is comparable to the aforementioned Grants. Wrist support is better on the Grants, however they also have a long triple ribbed cuff and padding along the inside of the cuff, once again though being seemingly less the Seyers' are comparable.

I received the gloves today! I would once again like to add that Technoir was a pleasure to purchase from. I ordered a pair of Seyer 10 oz. gloves. I had told SPANKY LA that when these arrived I would do a comparison to my Grant Training gloves 16 oz. I have yet to train in these so the following will be based off my initial impressions. Since I am comparing 10 oz. gloves to 16 oz. gloves and not Grant's Fight glove model this comparison is debased.

With all that said, there are some qualities in the Seyers that I prefer over the Grants'. The thumb positioning is much more natural in the Seyers, it feels organic as to otherwise being a prisoner. Also, while Grant Training gloves need hours of abuse to be broken in, the Seyers feel that way straightforward. Seyers will also fit like a cast on your entire hand while the Grants feel that way only on the wrist. This is due to the broadness of the Grant's and the slender fit of the Seyers. The lining on the inside is much more comfortable and less abrasive.

I love the hand compartment in the Grants, so voluminous. It allows me to possess a large pad for my knuckles. It is also apparent that while Seyers are great quality made gloves, Grant is a degree above. The leather on the Grants is also of much better quality. Opening your hand in the Grants' is done facile manner while Seyers is done upon much force. Perhaps my favorite thing about the Grants is the dense padding, it provides astounding protection to the whole hand.

Both of these gloves are amazing and offer many mentionable qualities. I cannot say, without having used Grant Fight gloves, which I prefer as both are used for different purposes and are different type of gloves. Each have amazing knuckle protection with the Grants offering more, as previously mentioned, they are 16 oz. However, the amount of protection in the Seyers for being only 10 oz. is comparable to the aforementioned Grants. Wrist support is better on the Grants, however they also have a long triple ribbed cuff and padding along the inside of the cuff, once again though being seemingly less the Seyers' are comparable.

Than you.

I was originally going to get a pair of Grant gloves but after some unfortunate events I needed to go with something a little cheaper and after trying to decide between the JCs and Zepol, I just put my order in for a pair of custom JCs and I would like to thank Technoir for all his help. Like everyone else before me who ordered from him said, he was a pleasure to go through and answered any and all questions that I had.

Thank you Technoir and also thank you to BigCP84 for suggesting that I check this thread out.

by any chance is screen printing available for any of these brands of gloves?

My gloves should be shipping Saturday, but probly won't be here until Aug 12th or later...

Nice. Can't wait to see how they turned out. Gonna have to send technoir a message and see what's the ETA on my gloves.

Maybe the pics are not good.

I did not hear something about this brand

Saludos

whoops forgot to quote before.. anyway..

by any chance is screen printing available for any of these brands of gloves? Please tell me the JC Pacheco's do... I doubt it but..please

I just sent a message to see if I can send him the difference for the faster shipping, so we will see what happens.

Hey, thanks for the review! I'm thinking of purchasing these exact gloves. Do you think you could post some pictures with the glove on? I'm curious to see how it looks when you make a fist and how the wrist support lines up with your wrist. Also, if you have some time do you think you can measure the length, width, and depth dimensions of the glove, the width of the knuckle padding, and also weigh them? I'm looking for a low profile glove that weighs no more than 10 oz.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back