"#Metoo" coming up on your Facebook newsfeed?

It is disturbing just how many women have stories like this. Unfortunately, my shock meter wore out on that a long time ago, I just assume most chicks have some bad experiences with real sexual harassment or assault at this point. We take it for granted as dudes, but it really is a benefit to walk around in life and not have half the population wanting to stick their dick in you. Women put up with a lot of shit in that regard. As far as the recent trendy sharing of it / #MeToo thing, hey whatever takes the stigma off it. Maybe it helps give some perspective to some guys who don't realize how often it happens, and to how many women. Maybe it helps some ladies feel less shitty about their own situations, so they can own their lives and move on.
I agree with everything you said but it also sucks and is disheartening when we have the recent trend of women saying they don't need to be protected, that men and women are equal and it's sexist to think a woman cannot take care of herself, or being treated like a bigot for thinking that men need to protect women. I dont think women are anybodys property but I do know there are men, who on average are physically stronger than women, that think they can take from and do whatever they want to them. Beating masculinity out of our population will lead to a masculine enemy killing us and raping our women and there is fuck all we will be able to do about it.

I read an article the other day where a girl had consensual sex with a guy then regretted it a month later and told her friend ... and her friend told her that she was raped. It's rape if you regret it afterwards apparently.

People are fucked up these days.

It is disturbing just how many women have stories like this. Unfortunately, my shock meter wore out on that a long time ago, I just assume most chicks have some bad experiences with real sexual harassment or assault at this point. We take it for granted as dudes, but it really is a benefit to walk around in life and not have half the population wanting to stick their dick in you. Women put up with a lot of shit in that regard. As far as the recent trendy sharing of it / #MeToo thing, hey whatever takes the stigma off it. Maybe it helps give some perspective to some guys who don't realize how often it happens, and to how many women. Maybe it helps some ladies feel less shitty about their own situations, so they can own their lives and move on.

Clearly you've never been to San Francisco.

It's a great idea. Why be pissy about it? You got a daughter? Think about it.

I saw one post that shared what dudes could do about the problem, half of it was blah blah blah feminist jargon, but one suggestion was spot on: "When you see a dude harass a woman, call him out." And that's a damn good idea. One, it will reinforce a thoughtful, just, and more self-reflective culture. Two, it may lead to a few opportunities get rowdy and throw hands.

Maybe all the dudes who have been harassed and assaulted by some should write me too as well.

Harvey Weinstein would spend all of his day liking and reposting shit. All the casting couches in the world couldn't save him from the psychosis that would follow such a feat.

I saw one post that shared what dudes could do about the problem, half of it was blah blah blah feminist jargon, but one suggestion was spot on: "When you see a dude harass a woman, call him out." And that's a damn good idea. One, it will reinforce a thoughtful, just, and more self-reflective culture. Two, it may lead to a few opportunities get rowdy and throw hands.

Although that is true, what about women who are clearly looking for attn, wearing super short shorts and shit....If you get a shout out, don't be surprised...that's like holding a dog biscuit to a dog.

I know what you are gonna say, what if you're a women with a big ass or tits, so regardless of what you wear, guys will shout at you....I that case, maybe yes call out the guy...but the women can just move on and relax.

I walked down the streets and some guy told me Im buff...I just said thanks and moved on.

Although that is true, what about women who are clearly looking for attn, wearing super short shorts and shit....If you get a shout out, don't be surprised...that's like holding a dog biscuit to a dog.

I know what you are gonna say, what if you're a women with a big ass or tits, so regardless of what you wear, guys will shout at you....I that case, maybe yes call out the guy...but the women can just move on and relax.

I walked down the streets and some guy told me Im buff...I just said thanks and moved on.

cat calls aren't harassment in my opinion, though I still think they are in poor taste and can in certain cases qualify as harassment.

sometimes i see a girl on da street that just makes me feel alive, a girl so fine she gives me faith in my own existence. sometimes i just gotta holla ....

but i never do.

cat calls aren't harassment in my opinion, though I still think they are in poor taste and can in certain cases qualify as harassment.

sometimes i see a girl on da street that just makes me feel alive, a girl so fine she gives me faith in my own existence. sometimes i just gotta holla ....

but i never do.
What classifies as sexual harrasment then? Like somebody you know that constantly harrasses?

One thing that has been exposed is this "I have a daughter" shit. All these celebs saying they have daughters and therefore would never do that or support it. Please. Are people with daughters the only ones who can understand that sexual assault is bad?

If they’re men, they bring in The Daughters.

This is the best that many men have to offer by way of a denouncement: They’re repulsed, as “fathers of daughters.” Ben Afflecksaid we“need to do better at protecting our friends, sisters, co-workers and daughters.” (Okay, sounds good.) New York governor Andrew Cuomo said he’ll keep money Weinstein helped raise for his campaign, because the real problem is bigger than Weinstein’s influence. Then he reminded us who he’s working hard for: “I have three daughters,” Cuomotold reporters. “I want to make sure at the end of the day, this world is a safer, better world for my three daughters.” Matt Damon denied that he tried tokill a storythat could have shed light on Weinstein’s pattern of harassment years ago. “I am not the story here,” Damontold Deadline, and then, right before our eyes, he and Deadline’s Mike Fleming Jr. tried to out-father-of-daughters each other:

Having a daughter shouldn’t be a requirement for internalizing the problems of working within a sexist industry. Your wives gave birth to a baby girl, not a moral compass.

You don’t need a daughter to feel guilty about working with a man who preys on young women, or about not acting to stop him. You just need a conscience.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/10/damon-affleck-father-of-daughters-excuse-harvey-weinstein.html

Mark Macias, a public-relations adviser who works in crisis management, puts it this way: Would you condemn racism with the preface, “As a person with a black friend . . .”?

One thing that has been exposed is this "I have a daughter" shit. All these celebs saying they have daughters and therefore would never do that or support it. Please. Are people with daughters the only ones who can understand that sexual assault is bad?

If they’re men, they bring in The Daughters.

This is the best that many men have to offer by way of a denouncement: They’re repulsed, as “fathers of daughters.” Ben Afflecksaid we“need to do better at protecting our friends, sisters, co-workers and daughters.” (Okay, sounds good.) New York governor Andrew Cuomo said he’ll keep money Weinstein helped raise for his campaign, because the real problem is bigger than Weinstein’s influence. Then he reminded us who he’s working hard for: “I have three daughters,” Cuomotold reporters. “I want to make sure at the end of the day, this world is a safer, better world for my three daughters.” Matt Damon denied that he tried tokill a storythat could have shed light on Weinstein’s pattern of harassment years ago. “I am not the story here,” Damontold Deadline, and then, right before our eyes, he and Deadline’s Mike Fleming Jr. tried to out-father-of-daughters each other:

Having a daughter shouldn’t be a requirement for internalizing the problems of working within a sexist industry. Your wives gave birth to a baby girl, not a moral compass.

You don’t need a daughter to feel guilty about working with a man who preys on young women, or about not acting to stop him. You just need a conscience.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/10/damon-affleck-father-of-daughters-excuse-harvey-weinstein.html

Mark Macias, a public-relations adviser who works in crisis management, puts it this way: Would you condemn racism with the preface, “As a person with a black friend . . .”?

I didn't read. Late and sleepy.

Assuming you are right though because of AV.

When people get utopian visions of humanity joining into 'the singularity' and sharing consciousness and all that, I think they are forgetting that the hivemind is completely retarded.

Jump, they say.

Well, I have mixed feelings about this.

I don't care if people share their stories on social media. What I don't like is social media as a format rarely does any complex topics justice.

The reality to life is that IN GENERAL men will provide women with financial benefits, and women will provide men with sexual benefits. It's why men are willing to slave away at jobs to crazy degrees and spend countless hours doing dangerous labor, or round-the-clock skilled labor, and women will spend countless hours in a bathroom making herself as pretty as possible.

Women often manipulate men for economic gain as men spend disproportionate amounts of money on women through "chivalry", and men often manipulate women by putting up a facade to get women to sleep with them. When the manipulation crosses certain bounds, men can feel robbed and women can feel violated. Men are typically not expected to have sympathy felt for them, but we see a MGTOW movement forming, and I think it's largely because of this.

Women kind of have an extreme benefit, and also an extreme curse. The benefit is compared to vice versa, women can meet men that are willing to financially support them for their entire lives under the premise that they're not too bitchy and 5/10 or higher on the attractive scale. I literally mean they can rather easily find men who will work 40 hours a week or more at not fun jobs, and hand over a good chunk of their proceeds to women simply because she is not a bitch and not ugly. This is a huge divide between men and women right now and why there are so many single, and unhappy people now. Women wait out for their lottery ticket of a partner, their sense of entitlement is to nab a mate who offers disproportionate award compared to what they offer men, or bust. So I will take things with a huge grain of salt when someone passes off an "older man said he was sexually attracted to me" as anything resembling an assault.

While going off on a tangent, the point is Facebook will be what virtually all sorts of social media is; people doing two minutes of thinking and two hours of talking. I hazard to guess many social media-ites would shout down the Jordan Petersens of this world that take an academic approach to these issues.

I had a girl put her hands on my junk one time and said come on you know you want it. I said no....she wasnt the best looker. This was in a house party few years ago. Was I sexually assaulted? Ok once I said no she got the hint and moved on, so it wasnt like she kept on. But she did put her hands on my junk without me being ok with it.

Hmm, I've lived long enough to know that many women who have been through similar circumstances aren't looking for attention when they reveal something they consider extremely shameful. Something that they know will result in other people doubling down the shame by also questioning their motives for finally revealing it.

Hmm, how apropos.

If they'd revealed it when it happened, someone would claim that they were inviting it upon themselves for how they were dressed or if they drank too much or how they acted. They would find their personal lives torn inside out as people debated whether or not they deserve any sympathy. So they keep it to themselves to avoid such scrutiny. Yet if they eventually reveal it, someone will claim that they're only revealing it for personal gain.

I pity those who can only see ulterior motives when someone shares their personal pain. Even if some people are lying or seeking attention, painting the group through that lens requires a world view I'm glad I don't share.
{<redford}

Once again, the onus falls on the oppressed and silenced [eye roll]. Obviously, #metoo ... but I'm sick of explaining to mansplainers, the known, everyday experiences of women the same way I'm sick of explaining to whitesplainers the known, everyday experiences of Black people. I've been groped, catcalled, followed, harassed, etc. since I could still be mistaken for a little boy, whether I'm dressed to the nines or purposely dressed like a crazy, walking heap of garbage. We all have. We've covered this. And when I said out loud that my ex was an emotionally and physically abusive piece of shit, my "friends" pretended not to hear me. Or tried to justify it as a "one-time-thing". I hit back, so it's ok, right? I'm quick-witted and sharp tongued, and I can insult back— so it's ok, right? My dog has PTSD from being a witness, but he's just a dog, right? There are two sides to every story, right? I didn't appear battered and broken, so it's ok right? I made all the same excuses for him in my head, so it's ok, right? I kept talking to him for a while because, somehow, I still felt sorry for him when he kept calling me, crying, so it's ok right? I should have said something, so... wait. I did. Y'all don't listen. Y'all don't want to listen.

Wouldn't it be nice if the people who perpetuated the garbage would actually say and do something instead of suddenly having an "emotional reaction" to something we've all known was real and prevalent since forever? To paraphrase a friend, ya'll don't deserve my "me too".

Say this on my feed and almost spit my coffee out from laughing so hard. This is from a black girl I went to HS with.

Bitch about your ex (a black guy) knocking you around but still managing to bring up white people? My dog has PTSD? Not taking any responsibility for your own actions? Acting as righteously indignant as possible?

Good Lord this is like the perfect play from the "I'm a victim" Bible.

Well, I have mixed feelings about this.

I don't care if people share their stories on social media. What I don't like is social media as a format rarely does any complex topics justice.

The reality to life is that IN GENERAL men will provide women with financial benefits, and women will provide men with sexual benefits. It's why men are willing to slave away at jobs to crazy degrees and spend countless hours doing dangerous labor, or round-the-clock skilled labor, and women will spend countless hours in a bathroom making herself as pretty as possible.

Women often manipulate men for economic gain as men spend disproportionate amounts of money on women through "chivalry", and men often manipulate women by putting up a facade to get women to sleep with them. When the manipulation crosses certain bounds, men can feel robbed and women can feel violated. Men are typically not expected to have sympathy felt for them, but we see a MGTOW movement forming, and I think it's largely because of this.

Women kind of have an extreme benefit, and also an extreme curse. The benefit is compared to vice versa, women can meet men that are willing to financially support them for their entire lives under the premise that they're not too bitchy and 5/10 or higher on the attractive scale. I literally mean they can rather easily find men who will work 40 hours a week or more at not fun jobs, and hand over a good chunk of their proceeds to women simply because she is not a bitch and not ugly. This is a huge divide between men and women right now and why there are so many single, and unhappy people now. Women wait out for their lottery ticket of a partner, their sense of entitlement is to nab a mate who offers disproportionate award compared to what they offer men, or bust. So I will take things with a huge grain of salt when someone passes off an "older man said he was sexually attracted to me" as anything resembling an assault.

While going off on a tangent, the point is Facebook will be what virtually all sorts of social media is; people doing two minutes of thinking and two hours of talking. I hazard to guess many social media-ites would shout down the Jordan Petersens of this world that take an academic approach to these issues.

Part of the problem with your attempt to equate the two is that when a man hands over his paycheck to some woman, he is voluntarily handing it over. His check is given to him and he makes the choice to give it to her. It is very rare that a woman is committing bank fraud or theft to access the man's money.

The issue of sexual assault and/or rape is that it is involuntary on the woman's part. She is not making the choice to hand over her breast or ass or vagina to this person. This person is simply taking it. The way a thief simply takes a man's money.

To equate the two misrepresents what sexual assault actually entails and implies that men have no agency when dealing with women financially. A woman cannot force the man to pay for her drinks or take her on vacation. He has to sign off on giving her access to his bank account. He has to decide whether or not her name goes on the mortgage. You get the drift. If she actually forces him to pay for stuff without his consent, it is criminal.

Which scenario is scarier?

1) 5' 100 lb women touches your nuts in an alleyway.
2) 6'5 300 lb man corners you and starts touching your nuts in an alleyway.

Which one is easier to get away from?

Irrelevant, BOTH are forms of sexual assault, you are just too much of coward and "feminist" to admit it.

You want to shame men for sexually assaulting women, but you do not want to shame women for sexually assaulting men. The sword cuts BOTH ways.

Either ALL forms of sexual assault is wrong and reprehensible or NONE IS.

There is no "men can't do this but women can because their smaller"

You sound like a real IDIOT right now.

I went to some buffet restaurant and while I was outside at the door waiting to go in, some really old lady grabbed my butt. Her daughter was really embarrassed at her behavior.

To this day, I still laugh.. err.. I am still traumatized by the encounter. #StandWithMe

And yet some idiots in this thread will claim that that woman did not assault you because "she's smaller" and therefore is not a legitimate threat.

The absolute stupidity of some people is AMAZING!

Irrelevant, BOTH are forms of sexual assault, you are just too much of coward and "feminist" to admit it.

You want to shame men for sexually assaulting women, but you do not want to shame women for sexually assaulting men. The sword cuts BOTH ways.

Either ALL forms of sexual assault is wrong and reprehensible or NONE IS.

There is no "men can't do this but women can because their smaller"

You sound like a real IDIOT right now.
In non-autistiic and non-SJW life, people recognize the differences between men and women.

Men have to be more responsible than women because men are vastly stronger.
Sorry snowflake.

Back