"#Metoo" coming up on your Facebook newsfeed?

Social Distance Warrior

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Have you guys seen this come up on your Facebook newsfeed?

Its purpose is to generate more awareness regarding sexual assault/sexual harassment.

What are your thoughts on this?

All opinions welcome

I'm still trying to figure out if I'm supposed to Like those posts or not.

I think it just waters down sexual abuse allegations in a sea of irrelevance.

When the internet turns things into a hashtag fad how much meaning can there be when someone hashtags?

Last edited:
I have an account because I need one for work, but I never go on there. I really can't stand the people my friends become when they're online.

I'm laughing because I hear about these things and know what I avoided never doing FB.
Groupthink...

I don't need to be reminded about the fact that sexual assault exists. I know it does and it happens to pretty much everyone. I have had girls come up to me and grab my ass and junk before at the club. It wasn't invited.

I don't need to signal to my friends/colleagues/family/girlfriend that it happens.

I'm laughing because I hear about these things and know what I avoided never doing FB.
Groupthink...

When people get utopian visions of humanity joining into 'the singularity' and sharing consciousness and all that, I think they are forgetting that the hivemind is completely retarded.

I don't use Facebook. What you're describing doesn't sound like a problem though, even if it's a bit pointless. I think a lot of those things just make people feel good, like they are doing something helpful.

Sexual assault/harassment should not be an issue that divides people at all. The idea of anybody defending it or downplaying it is just crazy. But people do, because a portion of our society lacks decency.

Maybe all the dudes who have been harassed and assaulted by some should write me too as well.

I overheard Canada's CBC radio talking about this yesterday and they framed it as 'shining light on toxic masculinity'. So already there are people turning it into an ideological thing.

I don't use Facebook. What you're describing doesn't sound like a problem though, even if it's a bit pointless. I think a lot of those things just make people feel good, like they are doing something helpful.

Sexual assault/harassment should not be an issue that divides people at all. The idea of anybody defending it or downplaying it is just crazy. But people do, because a portion of our society lacks decency.

My position is that if it generates more awareness of just how common it is, I'm all for it.

Sherdoggers don't have female friends and ignore their moms/sisters etc... the rest are just assholes who probably applaud shitty behavior unless it's a "dirty liberal"

I've been happy to see women being very clear about how prevalent the problem is.

My position is that if it generates more awareness of just how common it is, I'm all for it.

Yeah, I agree. But more importantly, people need to have the balls to stand up for what's right in real life, not just online. People can post all they want about how much they care, but will they tell their friend to stop being a scumbag when he's talking down to some girl or trying to get her drunk? That's when it really matters.

Or even when their favorite politician is caught being a scumbag. Will they acknowledge it or make excuses? Actions speak louder than words obviously.

Maybe all the dudes who have been harassed and assaulted by some should write me too as well.

I've seen one of my friends do it. Explained it was a neighbor who did it to him when he was a kid.

Yeah, I agree. But more importantly, people need to have the balls to stand up for what's right in real life, not just online. People can post all they want about how much they care, but will they tell their friend to stop being a scumbag when he's talking down to some girl or trying to get her drunk? That's when it really matters.

Or even when their favorite politician is caught being a scumbag. Will they acknowledge it or make excuses? Actions speak louder than words obviously.

yea, thankfully I don't have fu*k head friends like that...or family...

and yes I would, and have intervened in situations you have mentioned.

So all these people are claiming they've been raped?

#MeToo My social media accounts are being raped by unwanted social justice ads and hashtag. #NoMeansNo

It's part of a Hollywood campaign to trivialize sexual assault by saying "Look, its not that bad we raped some people. These 10,000 people who totally aren't bots claimed to have experienced trivial sexual assault also. Lets focus on the bigger picture, and not my specific corporation which is getting bad press".

i have an awesome girl bud onthere who put up @NOtme
;)

massive butthurt from her female friends, for betraying the sisterhood

Back