methadone withdraws

flikerstance

floridaman
Banned
Reaction score
has anyone here ever dealt with methadone and having withdraws from it? They say they have the worse withdraws ever, even when you are completely off it it still takes a good 7 months to become normal again. I feel weak all the time, im not half the person i was years back. Im trying to eat healthy and taking multi vitamins to help deal with it. But somedays i just cant make myself train. I wish there was something magical i could take to help me train through all this. Im just afraid when i get completely off of it in 2 months that im gonna be stuck in bed for months unable to do anything.

Your get through it, moment in time, light at the end of the tunnel.

question better tossed at the folks in the clinic/doctors handing out the dosage

If it might help I personally have not dealt with methadone withdrawals. I did read Dr. Meg Patterson's book on addictions. She was famous for helping many famous UK musicians overcome drug problems quickly. I remember she wrote about methadone and how she treated patients withdrawals. Her book can be seen here:

Hooked? Net: The New Approach to Drug Cure

bad thing is most opiates usually take a week or less to get out of system methadone takes a good half a fucking year... then you have post acute withdraws that last about 6 months as well due it its extremely long half life my docs are crooks who just wana make money off me saying i need to diet better lol when i eat very clean i cant fight professionally on this or train hard it sucks rehab isnt really an option for this unless it was 5 months and id lose my gym

I have absolutely no experienc here but I bet Kratum would help. Chris Bell was talking about it on the JRE a few months ago, might be worth looking into.

has anyone here ever dealt with methadone and having withdraws from it? They say they have the worse withdraws ever, even when you are completely off it it still takes a good 7 months to become normal again. I feel weak all the time, im not half the person i was years back. Im trying to eat healthy and taking multi vitamins to help deal with it. But somedays i just cant make myself train. I wish there was something magical i could take to help me train through all this. Im just afraid when i get completely off of it in 2 months that im gonna be stuck in bed for months unable to do anything.
It's a noble goal, but what's your motivation for getting off of medication assisted treatment?

It's a noble goal, but what's your motivation for getting off of medication assisted treatment?
because i cant train worth a fuck i use to train my ass off whats funny is i saw ken shamrocks fight vs royce and i said wow he looks like he's on methadone given how badly he looked and he was. I'm telling you, you have 0 energy even lifting weights is a huge task. i cant even run 2 miles without dying, and i use to run 5 a day 4 days a week as a warm up. I cant fight professionally like this its not like anything else that u can get off of in a week or 2 it can take up to a year before your body stops withdrawing unfortunately which scares me.

Is this why you were such a grumpy gus to everyone on the forums a few weeks back?

I never understood how people can get hooked on pills, but I heard this stuff can help. It's an herb too so there is no withdrawal from it. It's called Kratom.

http://www.phytoextractum.com/kratom
i didnt either till it happens to you i have a different history than most people though and this type of medication again isnt like your typical pain pill that only takes few weeks to get off its half life is over 72 hours and takes months to get off of fully and you cant go cold turkey in 2 more months i should be down to barely taking any but then im suppose to have alot harder withdraws they said i prob wont be able to do anything but lay in bed all day

whats fucked is the doctors don't want you to come off it cause they wont get money off you anymore its pretty much ruined my life the past 3 years i started getting off of it 2 months back going down and iv had black outs hours at a time i don't remember what iv done

iv been looking into kratom a guy made a post saying he actually became addicted to it lol they say it can be dangerous im gonna do some more research and find out which kind and what dose would be best if i decide to try

It sucks but like any opiate if you have the right mindset and determination it's doable. Once you're through it, you will be mentally tougher than most after living through the hell of acute withdrawal followed by your body's constant craving over time.

i didnt either till it happens to you i have a different history than most people though and this type of medication again isnt like your typical pain pill that only takes few weeks to get off its half life is over 72 hours and takes months to get off of fully and you cant go cold turkey in 2 more months i should be down to barely taking any but then im suppose to have alot harder withdraws they said i prob wont be able to do anything but lay in bed all day

whats fucked is the doctors don't want you to come off it cause they wont get money off you anymore its pretty much ruined my life the past 3 years i started getting off of it 2 months back going down and iv had black outs hours at a time i don't remember what iv done

I've taken Methadone recreationally in the past and it made me sick to my stomach. When I broke my ankle a few years ago I also went through a few bottles of Norco's, but I mainly ate them for the buzz.

I wasn't trying to sound like a dick or that I was judging you, I just never found pain killers addictive, but I've never been prescribed anything that heavy like methadone either. Good luck with it all though.

I don't know much about methadone personally but my mum was a social worker working with homeless and disadvantaged around the same time as we had a heroin epidemic that was rivaling our road toll.

Hated methadone more than she did heroin. Much more addictive.

I've taken Methadone recreationally in the past and it made me sick to my stomach. When I broke my ankle a few years ago I also went through a few bottles of Norco's, but I mainly ate them for the buzz.

I wasn't trying to sound like a dick or that I was judging you, I just never found pain killers addictive, but I've never been prescribed anything that heavy like methadone either. Good luck with it all though.

i use t take it just once a week after a month your pretty fucked alot of it is genetic my entire family are junkys tbh lol whoa re hooked on it i just wish it could be a few week thing that wouldnt be so bad im not looking forward to months of withdraw i hope the kratom stuff really will work

I don't know much about methadone personally but my mum was a social worker working with homeless and disadvantaged around the same time as we had a heroin epidemic that was rivaling our road toll.

Hated methadone more than she did heroin. Much more addictive.

it is iv never done it tbh. I started with methadone as my mother would give it to me. But id never take it daily then, i started to to feel better about certain aspects in life at that moment. And woke up one day and couldn't be without it. Heroin only last 5 days, then your body physically kicks it. It sucks like a mother fucker, but its just 5 days. I don't see why people have that big of issue if they want to get off of it.

But methadone takes months cause of its extreme half life. They say even when you get down to 1 mg a day if u don't even take that youll get sick. I'm down to around 60 t 50 a day now from 220 mg a day. I'm going down 10 mg a week till i hit 10 a day, then ill do 2 mg a week till im down to 2. Then ill probably start the kratom and hopefully it will get me through the months.

it is iv never done it tbh. I started with methadone as my mother would give it to me. But id never take it daily then, i started to to feel better about certain aspects in life at that moment. And woke up one day and couldn't be without it. Heroin only last 5 days, then your body physically kicks it. It sucks like a mother fucker, but its just 5 days. I don't see why people have that big of issue if they want to get off of it.

But methadone takes months cause of its extreme half life. They say even when you get down to 1 mg a day if u don't even take that youll get sick. I'm down to around 60 t 50 a day now from 220 mg a day. I'm going down 10 mg a week till i hit 10 a day, then ill do 2 mg a week till im down to 2. Then ill probably start the kratom and hopefully it will get me through the months.

It doesn't take months, withdrawals last about one month and you can use Kratom during that time to negate the symptoms. Kratom makes getting clean very easy. It may take some time for your brain chemistry to get back to normal after the first month but the same is true for all opiates and opioids. You may feel somewhat run down or anhedonic for a while but you won't be having withdrawals.

Back