METAMORIS 7 Results *SPOILER*

Coconutwater

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
What did you guys think?

I'm very happy Ralek didn't pull a Ryron by going out there looking to just survive. Ralek went out there like a NORMAL grappler and tried to make shit happen. There was great takedowns on BOTH SIDES and Tonon pulled off a nice knee-bar to close the show at around the halfway mark.

All the other matches were draws.

Last edited:
Ralek did awesome, garry is just a fucking leg locking beast.

I'm with Glover. I thought Ralek was going to get merc'd in the first couple minutes. He did have 40 pounds on Tonnon, but did a great job grappling. Best fight of the night. Probably better than the original main event (Roger v. Buchecha).

Ralek did awesome, garry is just a fucking leg locking beast.

Yeah. No disrespect to Ralek, but the fight would have ended sooner if Gracie wasn't so much heavier or longer than taller, IMO, which isn't to say Ralek doesn't have elite skills.

I'm with Glover. I thought Ralek was going to get merc'd in the first couple minutes. He did have 40 pounds on Tonnon, but did a great job grappling. Best fight of the night. Probably better than the original main event (Roger v. Buchecha).

I dunno. When you have Buchecha, it's always fireworks.

But yeah, strong possibility.

What did you guys think?

I'm very happy Ralek didn't pull a Ryron by going out there looking to just survive. Ralek went out there like a NORMAL grappler and tried to make shit happen. There was great takedowns on BOTH SIDES and Tonon pulled off a nice ankle lock to close the show at around the halfway mark.

All the other matches were draws.
Such a great match! But it was a kneebar, not an ankle lock.

yeah, but I'm pretty sure the Roger v. Buchecha would have ended in a draw

That's why I prefer EBI.

A purist will say "He or she only lost because of the stupid overtime rules..."

But to me, it's like college or folk style wrestling and choosing between top, bottom or neutral position - It forces both fighters to kill or escape a huge threat and hence, no draws.

Metamoris' draws suck.

Pretty brutal overall. GREAT match between Garry and Ralek, but between the god awful commentary, the cheesy production, METAMORIS THE FOUNDATION 12 minute ad, the boring matches...I think Garry just may have figuratively tapped out Metamoris for good, unfortunately.

Pretty brutal overall. GREAT match between Garry and Ralek, but between the god awful commentary, the cheesy production, METAMORIS THE FOUNDATION 12 minute ad, the boring matches...I think Garry just may have figuratively tapped out Metamoris for good, unfortunately.

And WTF with the wrestler's match? LOL at Iishi saying he will do better next time. Who in the fu#$k is going to book him for another show? Seriously, if it wasn't for the Garry v. Ralek fight, the entire night would have been a complete bust, especially after the successful and exciting EBI last night (included in UFC Fight Pass for < $10 which also includes a ton of other fight videos). You could tell Rob Zeps was clearly embarrassed to get up there. He seriously didn't want to publicly be associated with Ralek and Metamoris.

The commentary was really bad, as I mentioned in another thread.
Nothing against Glover or Dern, they're both hardcore, but they have no chemistry. Everything came out forced, like an awkward date. Plus Glover kept talking about wardrobe malfunction for like an entire match, also, both announcers should know the fighters names, pronunciations, bio's in and out. Hell, I knew more about 1/2 the competitors on that list...

yeah, but I'm pretty sure the Roger v. Buchecha would have ended in a draw

Nothing to say draws can't be existing. I quite enjoyed Roger vs Bucheha I.

It has to be exceptional though to get through the feeling on incompletion however

And WTF with the wrestler's match? LOL at Iishi saying he will do better next time. Who in the fu#$k is going to book him for another show? Seriously, if it wasn't for the Garry v. Ralek fight, the entire night would have been a complete bust, especially after the successful and exciting EBI last night (included in UFC Fight Pass for < $10 which also includes a ton of other fight videos). You could tell Rob Zeps was clearly embarrassed to get up there. He seriously didn't want to publicly be associated with Ralek and Metamoris.

It sucks because it wouldn't take much to fix the show. All you have to do is make sure your commentators do their homework before COMMENTATING. I'm not talking about knowing their submission holds, I'm talking basics, like knowing you have a Olympic medalist on the mat in Satoshi Ishii. Dern straight up didn't know one of the competitors names, LOL

And get rid of draws, basically copy EBI in some fashion....

Pretty awesome here: Garry showing Ralek after how he got the kneebar:

Rob Zeps is still involved with Metamoris? wow

yeah I had to rewind it like 10 times to see it. But Gary had a toe hold, then they rolled over, and He kneebarred Raleks top leg. Was fast , and a pretty slick move.

Rob Zeps is still involved with Metamoris? wow

No, I don't think so. That was the awkward/embarrassing part of it all. Ralek forced Rob to come up on stage and introduced him at the first/early finacier of Metamoris. Dern tried to give Rob the mic to say something, but he wanted to get off that stage and back to his seat; if you know Rob, he loves to speak so he clearly didn't want to be put in the spotlight for Metamoris. I don't think he is still involved.

Back