Metallica never topped the electric guitar portion of the Battery intro

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

The section from 0:37 to 1:02

Last edited:
No need to start the clip at 0:37. The intro sets up the electric part.

I like so much of Metallica's stuff it's difficult to tell what you're saying, but great part and song.

Metallica flat out never topped Master of Puppets as a whole.

I disagree. Cliffs Bass interlude starting at 3:59 followed by the rest of the band coming in at 4:15 on guitar is the best

I loved the old school Metallica formula. One kick ass instrumental, a blazing opening song with a killer intro, the 4th song always being killer along with the title track.

Prime Metallica RTL-MOP-AJFA.

I disagree. Cliffs Bass interlude starting at 3:59 followed by the rest of the band coming in at 4:15 on guitar is the best

There is a solo in there too, the ending one after the interlude melody, as a young guitarist in the 90's I always assumed it was one of James doodles and copied it by ear for the guitar only later to find out it was Cliff and his awesome growling bass all along. That's when I picked up the idea to cover Anesthesia with the 6 string.

Cliff has so many awesome moments people wouldn't even assume it's his bass. The beginning of Damage Inc with the volume swells, Ktulu is a masterpiece of bass excellence right up there with Orion. Too live is to Die was one hell of a send off. Everything awesome about Metallica is in that song.

Young James is one of my favorite vocalists ever and I could listen to Metallica without the vocals there is so much depth. The fucking rhythm guitar parts in The Frayed Ends Of Sanity still blow me away 30 years and a few thousand listens later.

I loved the old school Metallica formula. One kick ass instrumental, a blazing opening song with a killer intro, the 4th song always being killer along with the title track.

Prime Metallica RTL-MOP-AJFA.

Yep and then 90s alternative came, such a bummer.

Even Metallica's recent releases have great intros.

I just realized in the car yesterday that my potentially favorite Metallica song just might be their cover of Diamond Head's Am I Evil...

Back