METAL GEAR SOLID 5 PHANTOM PAIN

IGN gave it a 10/10?! Lol, what a bunch of assholes.

Great
gameplay mixed in with some ugly and terrible environments, a stupid story and creepy virgin nerd pandering with Quiet. Got deep into the Africa missions but gave up because every mission was turning into the same thing.

But, being able to add custom music to your chopper ruled. Calling for an extract and hearing this kick in over the horizon felt incredible.

Edit: fuck. Didn't even notice Punished Bisping, a man without a title, in there. Lol.

Wow you're an idiot. Mgs v is legit one of the greatest achievements in gaming ever. That game is incredible

I would probably give it 9.5/10. Yes the story could have been better but he gameplay is so good and open world levels are extremely well implemented. Didn't care for the mgs online deathmatfh modes bj I had a lot of fun building my FOB and building nukes. Fob infiltrations were fun as well but defending is a lot more fun than attacking

I really liked it but didn't finish it.

I loved MGO 3 and 4 but haven't checked out the online in this one.

Wow you're an idiot. Mgs v is legit one of the greatest achievements in gaming ever. That game is incredible

As far as gameplay goes it is. However, for how tight the gameplay is, some of the smaller flaws within it are kind of baffling. Like, why can't Snake climb over all the rocks? You get that button prompt to hoist yourself over most obstacles, but the world is littered with these negligible two or three foot high rocks, and mounds, that he just can't manage for whatever reason.

For the staggering amount of detail and polish put into the gameplay, it really boggles my mind that such an obvious flaw like that, made it through the testing phase. I mean shit, the hit detection is down to such a fine detail, you could basically shoot the enemies' eyebrows off, but they couldn't put a few extra days work into Snake being able to manage the most basic of terrain? It's such a simple thing.

I'm a huge Metal Gear fan and yes they created an impressive game but they failed to give the fans a true Metal Gear game. Most Metal Gear fans will agree that this game went away from a lot of the things that made Metal Gear what it is.

If this was somebody's first Metal Gear game I could totally understand why they would question the complaints from fans.

Basically, Its a great open world game not a great Metal Gear game.

<36> Yeah, if that story and unfinished final act and an online component designed to suck more money out of you = the greatest gaming achievement ever, then games need to die off. Sorry your fanboy panties got twisted by a difference of opinion.

<36> Yeah, if that story and unfinished final act and an online component designed to suck more money out of you = the greatest gaming achievement ever, then games need to die off. Sorry your fanboy panties got twisted by a difference of opinion.
10/10 ign. 9-10/10 from virtually every game reviewer on the planet.

Umadorwhat?

aww, look. someone thinks that ign hasn't been at the forefront of scandals regarding 'pay or literally fuck us for better ratings' and that their ratings are gospel. while many game review sites are trash/compromised, ign seems to be the worst choice.

i was curious what the thoughts for mgs5 were from here. i still haven't played it. i loved the series but was/am pretty apprehensive to start it knowing that it ended up halfassed. konami keeping kojima from attending that awards ceremony was fucking ludicrous.

i was about to ask how the hell it went from mgs5 to the first one (plot wise), but then i just looked it up. wish i didn't. meh. such shitty retconning.

"You need more money for game? Why game so fucking expensive, and you take so long? Just put MGS logo on Pachinko machine. Money roll in."
Lol sounds about right.
Heard they were moving in the direction of mobile games but it’s hard to believe they would let go of one of the best game developers ever

To a MGS fan the game is shit.
This is the exact thought I had gotten. Anyone who was a fan of previous instalments there’s a big likelihood we wouldn’t like it but anyone new to the series would probably think it was great

I'm a huge Metal Gear fan and yes they created an impressive game but they failed to give the fans a true Metal Gear game. Most Metal Gear fans will agree that this game went away from a lot of the things that made Metal Gear what it is.

Yes and no. I think the series was ready for an evolution, after MGS4 and it's 9000 cut scenes. Some of which stretched 2-3 hours long. While I did miss a tight narrative to drive me forward, I didn't miss being interrupted by a twenty minute cut scene every ten steps. They really jumped the shark in MGS4, in terms of just how pervasive the "interactive movie" aspect of the series got. It was ridiculous.

On top of that, all MGSV really is, is Kojima's full vision realized, for what he had in mind with Peace Walker. I would only argue that it's structure didn't translate that well to huge AAA experience. Peace Walker worked really well in part, because of it's limitations. The structure made more sense, and felt more at home in a smaller game. Building up mother base in Peace Walker is awesome. You feel like you're making real progress, and it's really addictive because it doesn't require as much commitment from the player. The incentive to play one more mission is there, because it takes all of 5 or 10 minutes, and you will see results every time. In MGSV, it's more of a chore, because the missions are so large, and the rewards aren't as gratifying because of it. In a lot of cases, you're spending an hour on a mission, just to get a soldier and a blueprint. It just doesn't feel worth it.

On top of that, it has other needless touches, like having to always call in a helicopter, just to select a goddamn mission. I would trade that "realism" in a heartbeat, just to be able to select a mission and be transported there automatically. It would really take away a lot of the tedium. Instead, if you're at Mother Base and want to go anywhere, you have to call in the helicopter. Wait for the Helicopter. Get in the Helicopter. Wait for it to take off. Get into the air. Select the mission. Select your sortie. Wait for the helicopter to touch down. Get out. Run to mission area. NOW you may start the mission. Like, holy fuck. Is all that bullshit really necessary?

Just imagine how quicker, and cheaper, and more complete the game would have been made for if they said "You know what we should ditch for this game? The shitty multiplayer..."

Back