[META]Can we start acting a little more civil? Or at least stop threatening to kill each other?

Posters arent really threatening to shoot each other are they

depends what you call a threat. there are threads about how some posters want a civil war

LOL. I love it. But still.

I will let you log onto my account and post "I will fight you IRL if you come to St Louis" IRL if you come to St Louis.

ps thanks for trying to turn El Paso into East Berlin.
There's no wall where I Patrol :-(

There's no wall where I Patrol :-(
latest

With the election coming up I realize that the war room is on edge and people are getting very angry at one another. I also realize that this is the place to hash out political differences but for the love of Christ can we stop with the Goddam fantasies of civil war and the thinly veiled death wishes for our political opponents? Every day several threads get derailed by crap like that and it's doing nothing but dragging the quality of this place down.
So can we please, as a community regardless of political differences try to act just slightly more civil to one another? Or at the very least cut back on threatening to shoot each other over an election.
I get called the most awful things every other day in the war room. I can take it.

I don't threaten to kill anyone for it.

I posted a similar sentiment in a few threads. This election has melted a lot of people's brains. It's as ugly as I've ever seen.

I don't care who started it, that's not an excuse for it to keep happening.

well, the left started it and the left will never stop so fuck them
we are at the point now where the left is very dangerous to our country and we are at a place where we could lose our freedom for ever

the left now needs to be destroyed in every way possible
if you stand with the left, you can fuck off

Honestly, I don't think it's as bad as OP is making it out to be.

I think the media is making this worse than it is more than were are. I do think people a being naive if they think either candidate is worthy of the white house.

But at the end of the day, I 'm probably voting for Trump. cause..

1) As much as he's an obnoxious buffoon, I don't think he's AS bad as the media has made him out to be.
2) I think the media continually downplays how damaging Clinton's and their Clinton foundation shenanigans really are.
3) I'm sure the Media will be eagle-eyeing anything a President Trump does. So at least there will be a short leash. I'm not so sure a President Clinton will get the same treatment. I'm almost assured that the Vagina/misogyny card will be played over and over.

I'll tell you this, if our politicians are running pedo sex trafficking rings, we need to do something about that. There will be war. Will it be physical, I don't know.

well, the left started it and the left will never stop so fuck them
we are at the point now where the left is very dangerous to our country and we are at a place where we could lose our freedom for ever

the left now needs to be destroyed in every way possible
if you stand with the left, you can fuck off
Take a chill pill.

I saw the thread title (META) and I thought it was for me. But it wasn't :(

giphy.gif

Weeeeelllll....

I feel like ONE side has certainly demonstrated these radical and violent overtures much more than the other. So maybe if that one side would sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up it might de escalate the situation.

I haven't threatened to kill anyone except m3t4tron and he really deserved it .
He holds a different opinion than me , so obviously he deserves uppercuts.

I'll tell you this, if our politicians are running pedo sex trafficking rings, we need to do something about that. There will be war. Will it be physical, I don't know.

They most likely are.

And guess what, you'll do nothing about it; cos there is nothing you can do about it.

And there's no god to stop it happening either; according to religious theory, he doesn't want to stop it anyway - he wants us to have free will to do whatever we want, including evil shit like sexually assaulting children.

On topic, the US in general goes too far with political debate; it's infected the way you all behave to the point of violence and affray. Almost like a third world country.

You'll never change your ways and it'll probably only get nastier.

Being civil is a bit boring. It's not The Pacifist Room.

If you cannot be passionate about your arguments then you probably do not have much conviction in them.

Honestly, I don't think it's as bad as OP is making it out to be.

I don't think it's that bad in real life, but the level of hatred that we see in the WR is really disturbing.

With the election coming up I realize that the war room is on edge and people are getting very angry at one another. I also realize that this is the place to hash out political differences but for the love of Christ can we stop with the Goddam fantasies of civil war and the thinly veiled death wishes for our political opponents? Every day several threads get derailed by crap like that and it's doing nothing but dragging the quality of this place down.
So can we please, as a community regardless of political differences try to act just slightly more civil to one another? Or at the very least cut back on threatening to shoot each other over an election.
gay post don't do it again or ill kill you

Back