Met George Sotiropoulos today

zarboi

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I am a phone repair technician in Melbourne Australia, normally I don't go to the front and deal with customers, just do repairs in the back.

Today I went out to the front to grab something, and I see someone walk in, straight away I noticed this man carries himself like he's deadly, then I saw his cauli-ears, after some internal thought, I was like "Are you George, George Sotiropoulos" (I'm glad I pronounced his family name right).

Could not be a nicer guy, I gave him priority and sorted out his phone in no more than 10 minutes (It was dead initially).

I felt like a 12 year old girl who met Justin beeber lol. I didn't want to be another annoying fan and do his head in with questions. It was enough of a pleasure to meet him, I remember watching him a lot like a decade ago, he was on an impressive 7 win streak or so.

Anyway, he was appreciative of my help, and offered a free class at his new gym, Omega Jiu Jitsu & MMA in Collingwood. To all aussies here, if you are interested in training, I really recommend you visit his gym, support an Aussie legend that paved the way when there was no Aussie fighters in the UFC, and learn techniques from someone has that world class experience.

George-Sotiropoulos-1.png

You repair phones at the airport?

give us pics so we can ridicule you, you fucking asshole

George would ko himself answering the phone

I bet TS slyly stole George's nude selfies off that phone.

I'm an aussie too, but George seems like a bit of a prick tbh. His coaching stint on TUF didn't help.

I'm an aussie too, but George seems like a bit of a prick tbh. His coaching stint on TUF didn't help.

I said the same thing to my co-worker who had no idea who he was. I preciously had the impression he was a prick or cocky, but he didn't come across as that at all. Maybe he was portraid like that, or was like that on purpose. Anyway the guy is 40 now, everyone changes.

lol I didn't ask for a picture, I don't care about pictures, I also don't care about social media which is why I have no Fb/twittier/IG...

Any picture of you would do fine at this point

Back