1. Sherdog Boxing Giveaway: Terence ‘Bud’ Crawford Signed Glove!Click here For more information and to enter
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sunday Downtime - All Evolve Media Sites are being migrated to a new data center Sunday Dec 11, 2016. The migration will occur during an 8 AM to 2 PM (Pacific Time) maintenance window. We will have up to 1 hour of downtime for any of our sites.
    Dismiss Notice

Met Erik Paulson | Page 2

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Deltafarce, Dec 19, 2011.

1. KJGould Silver Belt

KJGould
    I attributed 'war torn' to him since rgp said "it's called getting injured". I never said that's what Erik attributed it to, but he can be selective about who he rolls with based on what he's physically gone through without needing to attribute it to his belief in negative energy rubbing off on him.

Get it?

2. Goat Meal Shhh Belt

Goat Meal

3. 35andOver Blue Belt

35andOver
    I saw that interview and thought that stuff was interesting as well.....I also learned a couple arm bar tricks that I use a lot lol!

I don't think what Erik said was too far off the beliefs that a lot of devout Christian folks believe. He just put it out there and uses a lot of almost scientific explainations and terms so it sounds funny.

Most religious people believe that their god, somehow, keeps track of each and every individual person's actions in this world of almost 7 billion people. Many pray to their god before an athletic event and ask that he (their god) favor them in the contest and help them win......seems funny to do that to me (why would a supreme being care about your football game?) but if it helps them cope, then more power to them.

A lot of people don't feel comfortable associating with folks that brag about the sort of things Erik takes exception to. I imagine Erik's students probably get by just fine by doing whatever they want outside of class but keeping quiet about it while in class.

4. fourfif** Banned

fourfif**
    everybody in here at one time or another has just had a "bad feeling" about someone. you might not have attributed it to anything specifically when you've turned down a roll or in some other way avoided dealing with someone for any reason. he just takes it a step further.

get over it.