"Merciless" Ray Mercer on MMA vs. boxing

Every other athlete's pay is easily found, yet MMA fighters pay is secret information locked away deep inside the Kremlin. That, or the back room bonuses are bullshit.

alistair overeem's contract included a $1m signing bonus and $2 per ppv over $500k in revenue. that's alot of "unreported" pay, info we'd have no idea about if it wasn't for a lawsuit.

Sorry guys.. Mayweather is too refined, too fast, and his defense is too tight... FOr the guy saying that Mayweather will "bob" into a kick or a knee, you must not have seen a Mayweather fight in your life... He doesn't bob and weave... He stands in the pocket, shoulder rolls, then hits with the sharpest and fastest counters damn near known to man...

This man is athletically on another level as is his skill... There is not a kick boxer or a Muay Thai guy who has even 30% of Mayweather's athletic gifts... He is a 1 in a billion athlete.

The kickers will get hit with shit they won't even see coming.. I'm talking about Mayweather having a fucking field day in there.. Hitting off 5 punch combos all of them landing FLUSH...

Line them up and Mayweather will tool them all in a single day... Then go on to defend his belt later on that night...

Cake walk

Those guys have never seen a fighter like Mayweather.. Never seen defense as tight as his... Never seen counter punches like he throws... They have never experienced his elite, 1 in a billion, world class athlete speed... Mayweather would box circles around those guys.. Stop fooling yourselves...

As soon as one of those guys throws a kick, he is going to get hit with a leaping left hook followed by a 4 punch combo and he won't see ANY of it coming....

Lights out!

this is a silly simplification. really.

Ray Mercer was an awesome Boxer, but just because he knocked out a has been Tim Sylvia.... does not mean he has a voice in MMA. I have more respect for Amateur MMArtists than Professional boxers who have chalenged nobody's.

Ray Mercer was an awesome Boxer, but just because he knocked out a has been Tim Sylvia.... does not mean he has a voice in MMA. I have more respect for Amateur MMArtists than Professional boxers who have chalenged nobody's.

I don't even understand this post.

Sorry guys.. Mayweather is too refined, too fast, and his defense is too tight... FOr the guy saying that Mayweather will "bob" into a kick or a knee, you must not have seen a Mayweather fight in your life... He doesn't bob and weave... He stands in the pocket, shoulder rolls, then hits with the sharpest and fastest counters damn near known to man...

This man is athletically on another level as is his skill... There is not a kick boxer or a Muay Thai guy who has even 30% of Mayweather's athletic gifts... He is a 1 in a billion athlete.

The kickers will get hit with shit they won't even see coming.. I'm talking about Mayweather having a fucking field day in there.. Hitting off 5 punch combos all of them landing FLUSH...

Line them up and Mayweather will tool them all in a single day... Then go on to defend his belt later on that night...

Cake walk

Those guys have never seen a fighter like Mayweather.. Never seen defense as tight as his... Never seen counter punches like he throws... They have never experienced his elite, 1 in a billion, world class athlete speed... Mayweather would box circles around those guys.. Stop fooling yourselves...

As soon as one of those guys throws a kick, he is going to get hit with a leaping left hook followed by a 4 punch combo and he won't see ANY of it coming....

Lights out!

Buakaw would Murder Mayweather.

isn't the first claim the one that needs a credible source first?

I'd just like a source that is credible saying what Stieglitz got paid. I'm not fussy.

You do know that the UFC has a different pay model than boxing typically has, right? The numbers that NSAC publishes are only a fraction of what UFC fighters make. Even Rampage makes more than a million a fight we recently found out. GSP is rumored to make between 2.5 and 5 million per fight. Not Mayweather and Pacquiao numbers, but better than just about everyone else and certainly better than Kessler.

I"m too lazy to find the Sean McCorkle thread on the Underground but he went over the pay structure for bottom tier guys and, even for them, the listed purse is a minority of the total pay to fighters.

I hope this doesn't come across as bad mouthing boxing, I just think that there is enough public information out there to progress the discussion beyond: Boxers make a lot of money, MMA fighters don't make any money. At the bottom end of each sport, guys don't make shit--a hundred a round per fight in the U.S. in some cases, even less overseas or in shady events. At the level you start to see them on TV regularly they can probably quit their other job. The guys who are being featured as headliners are making a lot of money, both in MMA and boxing. The only anomaly in the comparison is that the top 1-2 boxers--Mayweather and Pacquiao now, ODLH and Tyson in earlier generations, etc.--have no comparable counterpart in the MMA world.

This is not fucking true for the last time. Every MMA goon comes into these pay discussions saying the same crap. "Manny and Floyd get freak figures, everyone else is the same." That is not true and if you looked it up yourself you would find that out

The one fight I always go to is Cotto-Foreman at Yankee stadium. Non PPV HBO fight. Cotton made 2 mil, which is quite low for him actually, but the kicker is what Yuri Foreman made. 750,000. Could you fathom any UFC fighter, much less someone as incredibly average as Yuri Foreman, making 750k for a non PPV fight? Never.

You give yourself away as being totally ignorant on the topic with "and certainly better than Kessler". Mikkel Kessler is one of Europe's favorite fighters. If you think he's showing up for anything south of a milli you're tripping.

Boxers make more than MMA fighters 100% of the time. Its not even a hard fact to find out for even the most simple minded internet user. The information is in plain sight.

What the fuck is wrong with this site?

Back