Mental Toughness tip from Chael Sonnen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly afraid did not know how to do them yes I've sense tonight myself how

I do not get on sherdog to showcase my outstanding spelling and grammar skills if you do not understand the gist of what is being said then do not respond

Mental meltdown my ass I stand by everything I said and I'm not wavering from that believe what you wish......Chanel sonnet and mental toughness is an oxymoron the guy can't shut his mouth and doesn't back anything up he says that's fact

Don't really understand the "he doesn't back anything up part". He is always the first and sometimes only guy to step up for fights, and on very short notice most of the time. And then guess what, he shows up to fight. Sonnen is a loud mouth, but he is smart and knows how to get paid. He also gives zero fucks about who he fights. Dude is a badass.

He said he was going to leave the UFC forever if he lost to Anderson silva. He is a liar and a loudmouth.

He said he was going to leave the UFC forever if he lost to Anderson silva. He is a liar and a loudmouth.

Please list every fighter who has said something that wasn't true while in the lead up to a fight.

Yes I was angry and took a leave of absence. There was no meltdown IMO. I'm not going to go through the history of what UFC fighters have said things that were untrue. I am simply stating my opinion of Chael sonnen because that is what this thread is about. He's not good with mental toughness that's my opinion. What he is good at is running his mouth and then getting beat in big fights.

Yes I was angry and took a leave of absence. There was no meltdown IMO. I'm not going to go through the history of what UFC fighters have said things that were untrue. I am simply stating my opinion of Chael sonnen because that is what this thread is about. He's not good with mental toughness that's my opinion. What he is good at is running his mouth and then getting beat in big fights.

Yes he gets beat in big fights. He also stepped into the cage 3 times against 2 of the absolute best fighters in mma history. And actually if you count the filho fights that would add a few more. At the time filho was highly regarded as Andersons "replacement" . So don't like the guy. That's fine. But he has stepped into the cage with some of the best. He just fell short.

You don't run your mouth and hop on the mic and yell out that your going to quit forever then lose and come back a few months later. Somebody explain to me how this is a display of mental toughness. If he would have just walked away from the sport I would respect him more but he did not and continues to boast how great he is despite his plethora of big losses. To me this seems if he actually had mental toughness he would have won the damn fights after all he was/is a professional fighter and last time I checked you don't hop in the cage to lose. You don't hear gsp running his mouth about how great he is all the time and talking smack every chance he gets and yet he goes in and wins fights. This to me is more of a sign of mental toughness.

You don't run your mouth and hop on the mic and yell out that your going to quit forever then lose and come back a few months later. Somebody explain to me how this is a display of mental toughness. If he would have just walked away from the sport I would respect him more but he did not and continues to boast how great he is despite his plethora of big losses. To me this seems if he actually had mental toughness he would have won the damn fights after all he was/is a professional fighter and last time I checked you don't hop in the cage to lose. You don't hear gsp running his mouth about how great he is all the time and talking smack every chance he gets and yet he goes in and wins fights. This to me is more of a sign of mental toughness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chael_Sonnen#Amateur_wrestling

Lolwut at I would respect him more if he just walked away.

So you think its more impressive/badass for someone to quit rather than pick themselves up and go at it again after a loss. You a foo.

You do not understand. He hopped up on the microphone and yelled that if he didn't beat Anderson silva he would quit forever. I would have more respect for the man for sticking to his guns and actually walking away yes. This to me would take more mental toughness to actually stand by what you say then to blatantly lie and continue to fight in the UFC.(and he continues to lose by the way)

Come on man you can't be that naive. People watch mma because its entertaining. He was just hyping the fight. Nothing more nothing less.

O so sense he is hyping the fight by blatantly lying I'm supposed to sit here and tell people that he is the poster boy for mental toughness?

i really hope this guy is under the age of 17

No need for a translator. I simply stated that Chael sonnen is not a good person to look up to for mental toughness and then listed the reasons why I think this. your opinion is your own but that is my opinion on the matter.

O so sense he is hyping the fight by blatantly lying I'm supposed to sit here and tell people that he is the poster boy for mental toughness?

Do you hate all fighters that talk shit before their fights and then hug it out afterwards. That's a lot of hate man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back