Mental Toughness tip from Chael Sonnen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also posted a response that day.

You are a jerk.

I know, but I hit the 10000 character limit before I could paste it in. I didn't forget--your comment was very nice.

Can the name of this thread be changed to "Mental Weakness tip from casperthgst" ???

This is now St.Casper's E-meltdown bar and grill. I refuse to ruin a perfectly good pub.

Oh, we have Youtube and spoiler button now ? Sweet.

This deserves to be archived IMO.

I'm glad I decided to take a stroll through f13 today. This thread is better than the current YLYL. I lost.

I think the term "mental toughness" is misleading. Toughness implies a gritty strength or durability or something, like a physical trait but the mind is not a physical thing so how can it be "tough"?

For me it's more about the ability of the mind to turn down the "noise" coming from your body when you're reaching your limits, to allow your mind to be like a still pond even when the storm of fatigue and pain is howling in on it, so that you can maintain focus and composure and continue forward. Sort of like a mental numbness, rather than toughness, if you get what I mean.

Just my opinion..

I can see what you saying and I agree it is very important in a fight, but I don't think that is what chael is talking about as his suggestions would do nothing to effect this.

Last edited:
If Sonnen were all that mentally tough, he probably wouldn't be constantly trying to puff his ego like some insecure middle schooler.

He does the ego thing to sell fights and make himself money.

If you want to attack Sonnen on anything you should focus on the fact that he has no qualms about lying his head off for personal gain. As has been proven multiple times.

His ability to straight face lie to people is no small part of the reason he is so popular.

Sonnen = dishonest as fuck, but he is also smart and tough.

Surprised a mod hasn't put the friendly ghost out of his misery by now.

55568-Cheers-raise-glass-gif-6t97.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back