Mendez: Surgery did not go well. Cain: Surgery went well.

Pacemaker Joe

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Uh, wtf?
Mendez:
“The surgery has not gone the way it was supposed to have gone. So, we’ll see with time,” Mendez told Starsport. “But Cain has been spending time with his family and doing other things. He comes in here [to American Kickboxing Academy] once in a while.”

“He’s not back training yet.”
http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/cain...endez-gives-update-cain-velasquezs-condition/

Cain:

(see earlier thread here: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/c...-way-it-was-supposed-to-coach-mendez.3625199/)

He's been forgotten in the HW scene. Doubt his return is anything but lackluster.

Should have been the undisputed GOAT, shame.

He's never coming back.

It's been good, Cain. Happy retirement.

5tCjged.gif

didnt Cain also say once his back was fine

just to be pulled off a card a week later cause his back was fucked

the guy has a Brown Pride tattoo but cant speak spanish

and for some reason I thought it was Gilbert Milendez updating us on Cain's status, not Eva Mendez

Thanks TS. I'm frustrated to see a lack of clear message coming from Cain and his camp.

He's been forgotten in the HW scene. Doubt his return is anything but lackluster.

Sad to see. He had the mindset, the physical tools (with the exception of overall durability, it seems), the work ethic. Just a mauler in that cage. It's a shame he will never realize his true potential.

guy needs to just retire so he's not spending his future in a wheelchair

Cain? I have an easier time believing Luiz Cane is coming back instead.

What Cain meant to say was that the surgery went well, but that he got injured coming out of anaesthesia.

It really is a shame. The HW division is absolutely desperate for contenders but he can't make it to the cage more than once every couple years.

He should just come back and fight JDS till the end of time.

Forget about him. Don't gift him a top 10 ranking or fight when he returns. No main events either.

I am surprised he has a kid on the way since his pull out game is so strong.

Mendez spilled the beans

<Fedor23>

Cain was trying to keep it cool, but his coach fucked up...

Either that, or cain thought it was good, but time went by and he realized the docs had actually fucked up

Ugh, it's true. He was injured for JDS and tore him a new one when healthy, coming off an injury for Werdum and should have boxed him up. No one in his division had his work ethic. Such a bummer.

I remember that guy. A brown supremacist, right?

Back