Men are raped almost as much as women

So what TS is saying is that men rape a lot more than we once thought?

In legal terms, “rape” of a man is not rape. It’s sodomy.

Something like this always has to be considered in light of the data that was gathered – specifically, how was it gathered, and in what cultural climate was it gathered? Given when I’m seeing on the 2015 questionnaire, I would expect that sexual assault against men would be grossly under reported and women quite possibly grossly over reported. Consider these question from a questionnaire:

(Other than any incidents already mentioned,) has anyone attacked or threatened you in any of these ways - (Exclude telephone threats) -

….

(e) Any rape, attempted rape or other type of sexual attack –“

“Incidents involving forced or unwanted sexual acts are often difficult to talk about. (Other than any incidents already mentioned,) have you been forced or coerced to engage in unwanted sexual activity by -

(a) Someone you didn't know - (b) A casual acquaintance - OR (c) Someone you know well?

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/ncvs15_bsq.pdf (one of the questionnaires used to arrive at the OP’s stats)

Vague terminology like "coerced" because very troublesome here. Consider questions like this and how our culture has conditioned men and women to look at questions like these differently, and how that conditioning might change their answer. Most of these tough guy Sherdoggers here will answer “No” to these types of question if there was a woman who followed them home from a bar, grabbed them on the street, and started trying to make out with them when it was totally unwanted. Conversely, there are a significant number of women who you can ask these questions to and they’ll say “Yeah – that barista at Starbucks looked at me in a way that that made me uncomfortable, a guy on the train was touching me and I felt threatened, and don’t even get me started on that dude who had the audacity to violate my personal space and ask me out. So that’s three times on the way to work this morning…” We’ve created a culture in which women aren’t only willing to report perceived threats and sexual harassment, but they are willing to report/announce/advertise such things to the point of including things which are trivial. Spend 5 minutes looking at a #metoo feed and you’ll see shit pop up there that won’t even register as invasive for you, let alone sexual harassment or assault. I’ve had students mention to me that they felt threatened because a guy awkwardly asked them out and they were treating it as a form of sexual harassment – and they’re likely to answer “yes” on questions like this light years before a guy would, even if he has a woman touching him in all sorts of unwanted ways on a dance floor – which happens all the bloody time because woman are incredibly sexually entitled in our culture.

As soon as you move the power to influence a stat like this from simply recording reported, convicted crimes and into the realm of “Let’s ask them what they think happened to them” the cultural climate plays a huge factor in how consistent the numbers you’re getting will be. Our cultural climate is *hugely* stacked to favour women reporting not only legitimate sexual assault but literally their feelings about actions which are quite innocent. Conversely, men are conditioned to basically say “Yeah, I feel like I could have stopped her at any time, so I didn’t consider it assault” when faced with activities which are far more invasive than what women consider assault/harassment/etc.

I’ve only looked at this for about 3 minutes and I don’t have time to read the article, but it’s something to consider. The big CDC report that started up the ¼ women have been sexually assaulted – that Obama used – was based on a telephone survey where women were asked questions like (paraphrasing) “Have you recently had sex after drinking alcohol?” Any woman who answered yes was counted as sexually assaulted whether they knew it or not. This led to a very official looking stat, that the president even used in a speech (was it SOTU?) and it was basically a load of poppycock and scaremongering. All of the sudden a huge portion of the women in the country were sexually assaulted because they had sex with their husband after they polished off a bottle of wine – and we have a “rape epidemic” that is not even remotely accounted for by how many actual rapes have actually been confirmed to have happened.

What I would expect from reports like what the OP is mentioning is that there are two totally different standards flying for men reporting sexual assault/harassment and women doing so, and the result of these standards is a significant under reporting of these things from men, and over reporting from women. But none of it can be proven, so here we sit in a world where women see rape threats in every online post saying "You're cute... Want to hook up? Bitch lasagna!" and men literally get fondled at a party and say "Meh, whatever" and there is a rape epidemic against women and many believe men can scarcely be the victims of sexual assault unless it's by another man...

From the article: "Women were more likely to be abused by fellow female inmates, and men by guards, and many of those guards were female. For example, of juveniles reporting staff sexual misconduct, 89 percent were boys reporting abuse by a female staff member. In total, inmates reported an astronomical 900,000 incidents of sexual abuse."

It's also surprising how many female teachers are charged with sexual assault on their male students.

so it women with power who account for high.

that and i bet ghetto women who not know place and attack weak men

Back