Memorial Day is a stupid Holiday

You know Canada has remembrance day -- and no, instead of memorial day in may, our may holiday is Victoria day -- based on celebrating a dead Queens birthday. I mean, the day off is good regardless but I much rather have it dedicated to the Canadian military rather than British Monarchy

Your a moran!.....
morans.jpg

I would say it would be a good day to remember the cost of war.

Reminds me of a good scene from Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle:

'We are gathered here friends,' he said, 'to honour lo Hoon-yera Mora-toorz tut Zamoo-cratz-ya [one hundred martyrs to democracy], children dead, all dead, all murdered in war. It is customary on days like this to call such lost children men. I am unable to call them men for this simple reason: that in the same war in which lo Hoon-yera Mora-toorz tut Zamoo-cratz-ya died, my own son died.

My soul insists that I mourn not a man but a child.

I do not say that children at war do not die like men, if they have to die. To their everlasting honour and our everlasting shame, they do die like men, thus making possible the manly jubilation of patriotic holidays.

But they are murdered children all the same.

And I propose to you that if we are to pay our sincere respects to the hundred lost children of San Lorenzo, that we might best spend the day despising what killed them; which is to say, the stupidity and viciousness of all mankind.

Perhaps, when we remember wars, we should take off our clothes and paint ourselves blue and go on all fours all day long and grunt like pigs. That would surely be more appropriate than noble oratory and shows of flags and well-oiled guns.

I do not mean to be ungrateful for the fine, martial show we are about to see - and a thrilling show it really will be.....

And hooray say I for thrilling shows.

But if today is really in honour of a hundred children murdered in war is today a day for a thrilling show?

The answer is yes, on one condition: that we, the celebrants, are working consciously and tirelessly to reduce the stupidity and viciousness of ourselves and of all mankind.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed I see.

Good thing you moved up there.

I mean they just wear those poppies for no reason one day a year.

9NK8MNU.png

you can joke all you want, but the last time America invaded Canada, they put their tales in between their legs and ran back south

FACTS

I'm against war, why would I care about the Military?

So you would be fine with the Nazis running the world? I would believe you would be seeing how miserable and bitter you are. Do you heils!!!

PS I dare you to go out to a restaurant and announce this shit in public. See how much better your life gets.

I would say it would be a good day to remember the cost of war.

Its about tree-fiddy

you can joke all you want, but the last time America invaded Canada, they put their tales in between their legs and ran back south

FACTS

And look how far they have fallen.

I liked when I visited up north but that was many years ago back when Jean Yves was the man on top.

Now they have a leader that makes Trump look ok.

And you still didn't address my point.

So what, ppl in the Military died. You know who else dies? Everyone eventually. Happy I moved from America to Canada.

You know what Holiday they celebrate instead of stupid shit like Memorial day? They celebrate Family Day. A day to celebrate your family.

If you're against war and don't give af abt the Miltary just change it to Family Day

I dont give a fuck about my family...or yours

You know Canada has remembrance day -- and no, instead of memorial day in may, our may holiday is Victoria day -- based on celebrating a dead Queens birthday. I mean, the day off is good regardless but I much rather have it dedicated to the Canadian military rather than British Monarchy
Victoria day? You mean May 2-4? As in drink a 2-4 of beer. The official start to the camping/drinking season. Has nothing to do with the monarchy any more.

I'm against war, why would I care about the Military? Happy I moved from America to Canada. If you're against war and don't give af abt the military just change it to Family Day.

I'm happy you moved to Canada, one less idiot in America to worry about. Canada goes to war too. The 29th of May is 'Idiot' day. I will be celebrating @Kvolcom during this holiday. Fuck 'Family Day'.

Against war. Yeah, how does that work when your country is being invaded and your women and children being raped? Do you stand on the sideline and cheer? I'm against violence too, but I will not stand by while innocent people have the potential to be slaughtered.

You could be a medic or chaplain if you don't want to be a soldier who kills.

Not agreeing with TS but can people not see how some one could be anti war but pro self preservation(i.e. defense from an invading army) .
Especially on a karate forum is expect people to understand this concept. It is very similar to being against violence but believing in self defense.

You can joke all you want, but the last time America invaded Canada, they put their tales in between their legs and ran back south.

Wrong...

The Oka Crisis - 1990

"The last American invasion of Canada was a curiosity—a group of armed Mohawk Indians who were U.S. citizens traveled to Quebec at the invitation of militants at the Kanesatake Mohawk reservation to protest the expansion of a golf course on disputed land; politics within the Mohawk nation were deeply divided on both sides of the border. On July 11, 1990, after two months of confrontation, over 100 Quebecois police charged the Mohawk militants’ barricades; one of the policemen was killed in the subsequent firefight.

By August, the 200 militants (including 30 U.S. citizens) were surrounded by 4400 Canadian Army troops. Many people were evacuated on August 28, although the standoff continued for another month and dozens of Mohawks and Canadian soldiers would be hospitalized for injuries sustained in fighting. The government ultimately bought the land to stop the development of the golf course."

No, that does not sound like a defeat to me. 200 vs. 4,400. 1 for every 22, that does not sound fair to me, and the Indians still won.

I get double pay so I'm fine with it

<Moves>

So what, ppl in the Military died. You know who else dies? Everyone eventually. Happy I moved from America to Canada.

You know what Holiday they celebrate instead of stupid shit like Memorial day? They celebrate Family Day. A day to celebrate your family.

If you're against war and don't give af abt the Miltary just change it to Family Day

You're going to fucking hate remembrance day then.

Nah, we stand with Muhammad Ali for refusing to join the Miltary.

It really should be called, Muhammad Ali Day

Ah yes when a famous and succesful black athlete courageously refused to serve the country whose freedom allowed him to become famous and succesful in the first place. How inspiring!

Not the sharpest tool in the shed I see.

Good thing you moved up there.

I mean they just wear those poppies for no reason one day a year.

9NK8MNU.png

Trust me if he talked that shit publicly here in Canada, he'd get his teeth knocked out. Even the liberal dicksucks up here don't take kindly to people bashing our military, let alone the real Canadians.

pallbearers-from-the-canadian-special-operations-regiment-c.jpg

Back