Melvin Guillard has signed with Road FC and enters the $1m tournament

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score

1 million dollar lightweight tournament.

I'm interested how this tournament works. Hope this lights a fire under Melvin.

They really didn't even want to take a chance at all with Melvin not qualifying eh.

How many fights does he have to win for the 1M$

If I found the right guy the guy he's fighting is 2-1 and got finished by strikes in his last fight. If that's the guy then Melvin should be able to beat this guy.

Good pickup Melvin a good start some for the tourney the fact he could ko his way too a mil or lose too some random but i'd still like too see him fight A Sol Kwon everything about there fighting styles and personality sells itself

If I found the right guy the guy he's fighting is 2-1 and got finished by strikes in his last fight. If that's the guy then Melvin should be able to beat this guy.

Melvin's made a career out of losing to guys he should be able to beat.

Melvin's made a career out of losing to guys he should be able to beat.
Yup. Feel like RoadFC did everything they could to get him a gimme. And he still has potential to lose and most likely misses weight to.

If Melvin comes in, in shape and takes this serious, I see him getting some knockouts.

Guillard should win this, he hasn't been consistent enough to make me think he'll win the whole tourny though.

It's just a trials bout, if Melvin misses weight then it's not too big of a deal. They would have still gotten some use out of him since he brings western attention to the tourney. Hopefully the money pulls some professionalism out of him for once though.

why not a Welterweight Tourney?

oh well, let's see how he does

I hope he makes weight.

Same. Not sure what Road's punishments are exactly for missing weight, but I know they're steep. If he misses, he'll absolutely need a KO. However, I don't think they test, so break out the diuretics.

Back