Meltzer: UFC 215 = 100K buys UFC 216 = 120K buys

Piracy is what's really hurting the UFC. How many of you would be paying a lot more than you are now if you weren't streaming constantly?

Keep giving fans circus fights while letting champions duck legitimate contenders, and they will not have any good reasons to pay for the fights. It's not very hard to understand.

From that perspective I agree. They need to respect the rankings and the belts.

It all trickles down for me. If theirs no point to any fight, or theirs no progression to attain anything based off of skill than what the fuck is the point?

On top of that every single belt holder is paper...except for HW and MAYBE LHW...although in my mind DC has lost to Jon twice.

60$ for trash cars is absurd! They should put 40$ for PPV/ or make an annual subscription (something like 300-400$ for full access all year round including PPV) and would get a huge boost in revenue in the long term and brake into international markets... This way with their overpriced product they are limited to US and even there the watering down of cards has killed their business model...

I haven't given a shit in a long, LONG time.

Every weight class is fucked up right now with the exception of Heavyweight and MAYBE LHW.

And HW and LHW are just shallow. Stipe is a legit champ but the talent pool is thin and aging. LHW is messy thanks to Jones being a perennial cheat and the division being top heavy as hell.

Piracy is what's really hurting the UFC. How many of you would be paying a lot more than you are now if you weren't streaming constantly?

I haven't bothered to stream anything for a long time. So many fights end up snoozefests or cancelled that I usually just look at results and go back and watch the fights worth watching. They aren't losing anything from me, personally. If they put more events on TV like the legitimate sport they claim to be, I would be watching them and helping their ratings and ad revenue. The events they do put on TV remind me of wrestling when I was a kid. A bunch of bum fights between people no one knows with maybe a top 15 guy in the main event. That said, I have enjoyed this season of TUF more than any since "Let Me Bang Bro."

I don't stream. I do watch some the next day . I buy good cards and money isn't really an object for me . I used to buy most shows, now 1/4. I boycott any fight where the belt isn't being defended rightfully...I won't buy GSP Bisping although want to se some of the fights. I won't buy Connor vs anyone that's not tony even though iAd like to see several fights with him. The belts are BS now. Too many fight to not lose. I'm hoping Bellator keeps getting better because pessimistic about UFC.

And HW and LHW are just shallow. Stipe is a legit champ but the talent pool is thin and aging. LHW is messy thanks to Jones being a perennial cheat and the division being top heavy as hell.

oyxh2.gif

Overseas cards are killing Pvv cards. Everything's so watered down. I remember knowing majority of names in an event. Now there's a bunch you can't even pronounce.

It all trickles down for me. If theirs no point to any fight, or theirs no progression to attain anything based off of skill than what the fuck is the point?

Agreed. At that point you could just watch random fights on youtube

120K is so bad. I know Lee vs Ferg aren't household names but I figured they would draw more than that. MM is a complete dud. I would have probably gone to a bar to watch it if I wasn't at ACL last weekend.

Lol at the people saying either of the two Conor clones would be the next stars. Also, ufc events without Goldberg dont feel like ppvs anymore. When i hear Annik, cruz or cormier i think fight pass.

Back