Meltzer: UFC 215 = 100K buys UFC 216 = 120K buys

Lifeform

Donk Donkerson
Banned
Reaction score
Discuss.

X5vN9B1.png

UFC is looking for money, not the sport.
this alienate the fans of MMA while does not really cater to the fair-weather fans who are here to see only a few fighters.
When they don't fight, these fans won't watch.

I'd be surprised if either of them broke 100K, 215 wasn't even worth watching for free.

I wonder what did better Bellator NYC or UFC 215

UFC is looking for money, not the sport.
this alienate the fans of MMA while does not really cater to the fair-weather fans who are here to see only a few fighters.
When they don't fight, these fans won't watch.
Yep. They are looking for the short term and by doing that ruining everything

The UFC has put everything into the star basket. No casual fan gives a shit about anything not McGregor or Lesnar and thats , partly, UFCs own fault.

How is Meltzer the only reporter that can get these numbers? I think he just makes shit up.

UFC is trending downwards.

That's just a fact.

And I'm glad. It's absolute garbage right now.

The UFC has put everything into the star basket. No casual fan gives a shit about anything not McGregor or Lesnar and thats , partly, UFCs own fault.

That's entirely the UFC's fault.

They've always had characters...they just never let them run the show.

Well...this is the result.

Fertittas got out at the right time.

The sport is becoming like boxing where the entire industry hinges on the success of a select few superstars.

They really tried to promote Lee and hype that turd of a card

Turns out, didn't work

I also think Lewis pulling out contributed to a small degree

That card was NOT worth 60 bucks, not an iceberg's chance in hell of me buying that one

GSP vs Bisping and Holloway vs Frankie will make up for this though

90k of the buys for 215 were people who thought jds vs Francis ngannou were still on the card. Because they still advertised it the day of the fight.

When it's low Meltzer makes it up. When it's high Meltzer is in the know lol.

Mma is a little boring now and unfortunately it only has one star and that's Conor. Gsp will sell big too but other than that casuals don't give a fuck about anyone else.

Piracy is what's really hurting the UFC. How many of you would be paying a lot more than you are now if you weren't streaming constantly?

I haven't given a shit in a long, LONG time.

Every weight class is fucked up right now with the exception of Heavyweight and MAYBE LHW.

From that perspective I agree. They need to respect the rankings and the belts.

Back