Meltzer: Cain beats any Fedor 8/10 times

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the greatest HW in UFC history, the only one in his path would be Fedor for the greatest HW in history of MMA. While this match will never happen, I think Cain would beat prime Fedor with no problem.

Hard to say, because Cain rules the cage, and Fedor ruled the ring. Cain wouldn't be able to press Fedor against a cage and grind him like that if they fought in a ring.

yes. i saw him need to use the ropes to defend lindland, be dumped on his head by randlman, and totally controlled by bigfoot. you have to understand, the previous generation of LHW's didnt have that happen to them by randleman or lindland. cain made bigfoot look like a child twice. lets not pretend that fedors amazing wrestling just disappeared at 33 years old. cain is 31 now and fucking wrecks bigfoot, prime anyone fedor fought, wrecks guys fedor avoided like barnett and overeem, and wrecks fedor himself

fedor was the best fighter for an era. he gave up size and wrecked people. he was exciting. at no point has he ever displayed elite wrestling. he has actually displayed wrestling nowhere near elite hw status. cain has wrecked and badly outgrappled/cardio'd everyone hes faced. his only blemish has been decisively avenged twice and nobody has come close to his level of grappling. im honestly not even a big cain fan. i could list 20 guys no problem that i cheer more for. hes just the best mma HW of all time and its not even close. you can argue other accomplished more over their career but cain murders prime any HW from any era

I get you are trying to make a pint but seriously? Fedor ducked Barnett, b/c Barnett failed a drug test? Nog controlled Feodr- Fedor is the only guy to own Big Nog both at their PRIMES.

I do not get the Randleplex reference- yeah Fedor got dumped on his head and recovered to sub him.

Skills do depreciate that quickly- Hughes, Chuck to name two.

Clearly Cain is a beast but I give Fedor this fight.

Epic speculation.

I think Fedor could either get overwhelmed, or Cain would get sambo'd and subbed or KO'd.

*shrugs* I want the Fedor option more though ^_^

Based on their capabilities, why wouldn't Cain be able to win 2 or 3 rounds--3 round and 5 round fights respectively-- against Fedor?

After a decade of complete dominance, when Cain is finally fading and at the end of his career, let's assess his ability as an all-time great by his last two, weakest performances and ignore the ones that happened anywhere near his prime.

The guy lost all credibility when he went there. That's not to claim there isn't that argument to be made, just that he crapped himself by doing it like that.

Last edited:
8/10... why couldn't he just have wrote 4/5?

Fedor would finish Cain.

Its official: Fedor vs. Cain now equals Ali vs. Tyson and Who is better #4 or #99.

I get you are trying to make a pint but seriously? Fedor ducked Barnett, b/c Barnett failed a drug test? Nog controlled Feodr- Fedor is the only guy to own Big Nog both at their PRIMES.

I do not get the Randleplex reference- yeah Fedor got dumped on his head and recovered to sub him.

Skills do depreciate that quickly- Hughes, Chuck to name two.

Clearly Cain is a beast but I give Fedor this fight.

Barnett also passed on fighting Fedor in Pride (in Barnett's defense they are friends). Fedor also didn't duck Overeem like the other guy claimed, they just asked for blood tests because they knew Overeem was juicing. Overeem refused to fight Fedor without cheating.

Your only as great as your opponents, and I'm sorry but none of those guys he's handling with ease would be worth anything in today's MMA landscape.

Yes, that includes Mirco. The thing that qualifies my belief in Cain, is the skill level of people like JDS, and how easily he's handling him.

JDS is on a completely different level to anyone that is on Fedor's resume. Yes those people Fedor fought were ranked, but it was at a time when the HW division was terrible.

I'll say this again, we had a person such as Tim Silvia ranked high. That guy was TERRIBLE. He didn't know what to do in the stand up department, and outside of his size he has nothing to offer anybody. The fact that he was even champion is crazy to me.

This is probably going to hurt a bit, but fighters look really impressive when they demolish lesser skilled fighters. You have to ask yourselves how great were any of those guys really? How would any of them fair in today's HW division?

Again this isn't being disrespectful. You cannot have a Cain without first having a Fedor for him to look at as a path to success that could be improved upon.

You're right, Fedor should have been fighting the Randy Couture's and Frank Mir's. I mean Frank Mir with his several prime losses to nobodies and Randy's losses to professional wrestling star Brawk. A stellar record between the guys who Fedor could have fought in the great UFC several years ago.

Barnett just destroyed the shit out of legal testosterone jacked Frank Mir who is one of the best UFC HW's ever and Barnett was supremely relevant in Fedor's, Nog's and Mirko's time.

If Mirko obliterated a lesser skilled fighter in Barnett when they were both in their prime, why did Barnett just smash beloved Frank Mir?

I said Cain would beat fedor after his 2nd win in the ufc people called me crazy but look now

Does the fact that both Cain and JDS believe that Fedor is the best fighter of all time make a difference?

I believe it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back