Melania's trip to Mar-A-Lago and Spa trip cost taxpayers $64,600

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Melania's travel expense from Andrews Air Force base to Palm Beach airport, for her trip to Mar-A-Lago and to her Spa cost $64,600.

Michelle Obama used to get attacked quite a lot for her vacations, from conservatives.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/29/us/politics/melania-trump-state-of-the-union.html

The roughly two-hour trip from Joint Base Andrews to Palm Beach International Airport cost $16,168 per hour, which means that the first lady’s short trip aboard a C-32A plane cost taxpayers around $64,600, according to figures kept by the Department of Defense.

--

"Melania's $70,000 pamper session: Furious First Lady went to Mar-a-Lago's spa at vast cost to taxpayers after Stormy Daniels revelations (but will be at Trump's side tonight)"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...went-Mar-Lagos-spa-costing-taxpayers-70K.html

they built a plane specifically to fly her there?

oh wait

Hopefully taxpayers are not going to have to pay to send Melania to the spa every time it comes out that Trump banged some skank.

man everyone knows these presidents democrat or republican and their wives use tax payers money to travel, vacation its nothing new.

ya, no shit

that was my pt, that plane, the fuel, and the airmen would be serving regardless
If she didn't need to go for her Spa trip to Palm Beach, why would that plane need to go there.

If she didn't need to go for her Spa trip to Palm Beach, why would that plane need to go there.
the plane is on call

they don't specifically write a check/use debit to pay for fuel for that plane....

that's not even remotely how the military operates

ya, no shit

that was my pt, that plane, the fuel, and the airmen would be serving regardless
I think we can all agree that these flights and vacations/visits, regardless of political party, are way too expensive if being paid by tax dollars. Nobody needs to spend 70,000 dollars to fly from NY to Florida.

I think we can all agree that these flights and vacations/visits, regardless of political party, are way too expensive if being paid by tax dollars. Nobody needs to spend 70,000 dollars to fly from NY to Florida.
and nobody is......

this isn't a civilian airline, fuel management doesn't work that way in the military

and the staff is on military salary pay, they are paid regardless even if they sit there and do nothing

the plane is on call

they don't specifically write a check/use debit to pay for fuel for that plane....

that's not even remotely how the military operates

If she didn't need to go to the Spa, the plane wouldn't have flown her there. That is the point. That fuel burn to Palm Beach wouldn't have happened. That $ figure for the trip was sourced from the DoD.

and nobody is......

this isn't a civilian airline, fuel management doesn't work that way in the military

and the staff is on military salary pay, they are paid regardless even if they sit there and do nothing
That's fine. And I'm sure the budget is already laid out ahead of time. But if it's military protocol to spend $64,000+ on such a short trip, maybe they should reevaluate the way they do things.

If she didn't need to go to the Spa, the plane wouldn't have flown her there. That is the point. That fuel burn to Palm Beach wouldn't have happened. That $ figure for the trip was sourced from the DoD.
allright man
continue to get perturbed over something that you nor anybody you know has zero control or say over

Your lucky to you do not have a monarchy let alone one that has no power. They dont do shit but live with extreme wealth and privilege above all other people. Melania also has a tough job

allright man
continue to get perturbed over something that you nor anybody you know has zero control or say over
What you say makes no sense whatsoever.You fail to admit that the plane sitting on the tarmac or in the hanger is not going to burn fuel like a plane in the air.

Conservatives loved to bitch at Michelle and Obama for their vacations, and many times the criticism would take a racial bent, but Trump has been golfing/vacationing quite frequently, yet Conservatives are quiet. Trump criticized Obama for golfing, but he has been golfing regularly. He is a hypocrite.

That's fine. And I'm sure the budget is already laid out ahead of time. But if it's military protocol to spend $64,000+ on such a short trip, maybe they should reevaluate the way they do things.
THey didn’t use 64000 in fuel

What you say makes no sense whatsoever.You fail to admit that the plane sitting on the tarmac or in the hanger is not going to burn fuel like a plane in the air.

Conservatives loved to bitch at Michelle and Obama for their vacations, and many times the criticism would take a racial bent, but Trump has been golfing/vacationing quite frequently, yet Conservatives are quiet. Trump criticized Obama for golfing, but he has been golfing regularly. He is a hypocrite.
random mythical 'conservatives' may have, but I didn't

i'm not failing to admit anything, I simply know exactly how military fuel operations work as I was, what do you know, a bulk fuel operator in the military

Yea, but just think of how much money she saved by going to the family spa instead of one of those peasant joints.

Back