Melania Trump’s Hotel Charges Were $174,000 For A Day Trip To Toronto

Imagine if Melania just walked into a Portland Motel 6 to stay the night or walked into McDonalds to eat. The Left would send people out to murder her there on the spot.

The liberal Left is the same people that actually get violent with red baseball caps.

A gold digger who married an otherwise unfuckable man spending money frivolously?

oh-stop-u.gif

People with no dick to speak of can sometimes suuuper overcompensate...

The moment he went on and on about his big hands......in spite of them being tiny...... LOL

Oh look, yet another TDS sob fest. Yeah, FLOTUS gets a security detail, and it costs money.

Dumbasses.

Conservatives complained about Michelle's extravagant trips. Liberals complain about Melania's extravagant trip. I think both have a good point. How much should this really be costing, even with the Secret Service?

A few hundred grand here and there isn't making or breaking our budget, but it reinforces a prodigal political culture.

I think Melania is much more attractive, therefore I am fine with this type of spending. I'm just a cis white male though. If Michelle was hot I wouldn't care.

This is a bullshit thread. The last first lady also spent $$.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/melania-trump-toronto-trip-spending_us_5bef52a4e4b0f32bd589a8d2

First lady Melania Trump’s hotel bills for a day trip to Toronto last year added up to an astonishing $174,000, according to federal expense documents reported by Quartz. She did not spend the night.

The startling expenditures dwarfed the $95,000 cost of Trump’s stop at the InterContinental Cairo Semiramis, where she stayed for less than half a day at the end of her tour of Africa last month.

Trump’s spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham implied in an email to Quartz that the first lady’s “advance team” was responsible for some of the costs. The team ensures “safety measures, medical care, communications, motorcade needs and logistics are all in place,” she wrote. They’re all “legally required for official travel,” she added.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not taking a position on this either way but google Michelle Obama’s hotel bill for a little perspective.

Oh it's funny that the right all ever cares about fiscal responsibility the way they spend lol
One of the dumbest comments i've read in the WR.. You could of said NOW.. but don't pretend the right hasn't tried in the past, ever heard of the tea party or let me guess you started following politics when Trump became "not your president"

Finally got tired of Liberals destroying your country? Good for you!

> cries about NPC meme
> classic NPC response

It's been established that the Left can't meme. But the Right has a bad habit of projection as well.

> cries about NPC meme
> classic NPC response

It's been established that the Left can't meme. But the Right has a bad habit of projection as well.

No, you!

Lol at you trying to copy the npc thing, have some dignity and get your own meme.
Dude they can't, they're too busy creating new genders to actually make their own memes.

One of the dumbest comments i've read in the WR.. You could of said NOW.. but don't pretend the right hasn't tried in the past, ever heard of the tea party or let me guess you started following politics when Trump became "not your president"
It wasnt just the tea party that ran a campaign on fiscal responsibilities. They all do and have been since newt but none of them practice it when they are in control. Neither side. They can't afford to, they have to pander to their donors needs.

Conservatives complained about Michelle's extravagant trips. Liberals complain about Melania's extravagant trip. I think both have a good point. How much should this really be costing, even with the Secret Service?

A few hundred grand here and there isn't making or breaking our budget, but it reinforces a prodigal political culture.
I don't remeber this being a complaint against Michelle. When was this trip and how much did it cost?

Most of the cost is security detail, I'd imagine. Its kind of stupid to complain about these things when you really have no idea where the money is being spent. This isn't just some woman traveling alone. She's the first lady. She probably can't take a piss without running up some costs.
Especially if Trump's wearing his fancy silk jammies.
<{Heymansnicker}>

Also note how much of that was at Trump properties.

LITERALLY jacking up the price and making himself rich with taxpayer money.

Way to fall for fake news, the CNN article isusing 2 months worth of data (note the date of the article) to make a comparison instead of more recent numbers.

And note that the first 2 months are probably the most expensive, with all the business going on with being a new president. Also, inflation is a big factor (2.5% inflation over 8 years and you can expect Trump to cost roughly 10% more if he has the same costs as Obama).

The numbers as of start of 2018:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...three-times-higher-than-obama-s-a8131586.html
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obama-trump-travel-costs/
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/20/tru...his-first-year-exceed-13-million-dollars.html

Judicial watch has Trump at slightly cheaper than Obama:
All told, the president has amassed $13,533,937.28 in total first-year travel costs, the organization found. The government shutdown prevented Trump from making his latest sojourn to Mar-a-Lago, where he was scheduled to headline a fundraiser.
Judicial Watch also tracked the cost of former U.S. President Barack Obama and his family throughout the former president's entire 8-year tenure. To date, the organization reported their travel costs reached a grand total of $114,691,322.17.

While independent has him at slightly more expensive than Obama:
A report by the Wall Street Journal suggested that before July, the President's total travel costs average out around $1.5 million (£1.1 million) a month, some $500,000 (£371,945) more than Obama’s average spend.

So way to make yourself look dumb, idiot. And anyone who upvoted you should feel bad about themselves.

Way to fall for fake news, the CNN article isusing 2 months worth of data (note the date of the article) to make a comparison instead of more recent numbers.

And note that the first 2 months are probably the most expensive, with all the business going on with being a new president. Also, inflation is a big factor (2.5% inflation over 8 years and you can expect Trump to cost roughly 10% more if he has the same costs as Obama).

The numbers as of start of 2018:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...three-times-higher-than-obama-s-a8131586.html
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obama-trump-travel-costs/
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/20/tru...his-first-year-exceed-13-million-dollars.html

Judicial watch has Trump at slightly cheaper than Obama:

While independent has him at slightly more expensive than Obama:

So way to make yourself look dumb, idiot. And anyone who upvoted you should feel bad about themselves.
8a8.gif

Oh it’s funny that the left all of a sudden cares about fiscal responsibility lol
Someone has to, the right doesn't care about deficits or government officials spending money frivolously.

Someone has to, the right doesn't care about deficits or government officials spending money frivolously.
Trump spent more in a year on travel than Obama did in 8, funny how conservatives no longer bring up deficits or travel expenses.
See my post, 2 posts above. That info is from an article written 2 months in, while more recent data (a year in) shows Trump right around where Obama was. More importantly, stop spreading fake news!

Back