Mel Gibson's THE WILD BUNCH (Michael Fassbender, Jamie Foxx, Peter Dinklage Join Cast)

Never seen the original, don't like remakes, but will watch because Mel.

Mels a beast. I'll watch whatever. Honestly i think he should do a gritty as fuck fantasy movie so it'd be like braveheart with dwarves n shit but like i said I'll watch whatever.

Mel Gibson to Direct and Co-Write THE WILD BUNCH Remake for Warner Bros.

6PhANHk.jpg

The Wild Bunch will ride again. Warner Bros. has set Mel Gibson to co-write and direct a remake of the violent and influential Western, THR has confirmed. Bryan Bagby will co-write the script with Gibson, who will also executive produce the movie.

Sam Peckinpah, known for his action and macho-fueled movies, directed the 1969 original, which told of aging outlaws trying to live out the final days of the Wild West even as the 20th century has no use for them.

The Wild Bunch starred William Holden and Ernest Borgnine, among others, and was nominated for Oscars for original screenplay and score. But it was in its action set-pieces and imagery that the film made an impact, with the picture also dividing audiences and critics over its depiction of violence.

The Wild Bunch is considered the zenith in the filmography of Peckinpah, who also helmed such pics as Straw Dogs and The Getaway.

The material may be sympatico with Gibson, who won a best director Oscar for the 1995 epic Braveheart, which was also notable for its violent scenes. His follow-ups The Passion of the Christ, Apocalypto and the Oscar-nominated Hacksaw Ridge have also been singled out for their gritty and bloody depictions of man-versus-man conflicts throughout history.

The Wild Bunch movie would not be Gibson’s next project. That remains Destroyer, his World War II Navy movie that he hopes to get going in 2019.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/mel-gibson-direct-write-wild-bunch-remake-1146622

I normally don't like remakes of classic movies, but Mad Mel and the Wild Bunch? That's a match made in cinematic heaven.

Mel Gibson hates the English (see: Braveheart and The Patriot) and is a Nazi so he should just make an absolutely ruthless film about the Battle of Britain and cast himself as Hermann Göring. Complete his thematic trilogy.

Mels a beast. I'll watch whatever. Honestly i think he should do a gritty as fuck fantasy movie so it'd be like braveheart with dwarves n shit but like i said I'll watch whatever.

Damn a gritty fantasy movie would be great. Like swords and sorcerers shit but limbs getting sliced off and spells blowing people up. Has there been a notable movie like this?

A little more action and a little less artsy than Sam's and I'm down.

It will be the best western in a decade.

Never seen the original, but I love Westerns and Mel Gibson. Will watch any movie he directs.

The wild bunch was a movie I watched countless times with my dad. If this doesn't start with an Ant vs scorpion fight I'll go Mad Max on Mel

The Wild Bunch was Fucking-A.

Could be viewed as anti immigration today though.
<HisEye>
<{Joewithit}>

Update: May 17, 2019

Michael Fassbender, Jamie Foxx and Peter Dinklage Join Mel Gibson's THE WILD BUNCH

R1kwiB2.jpg

Michael Fassbender, Jamie Foxx and Peter Dinklage are in talks to star in Mel Gibson's remake of The Wild Bunch, the violent and influential Western for Warner Bros., The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Bryan Bagby was earlier announced as on board to co-write the script with Gibson, who will also executive produce the movie. Sam Peckinpah, known for his action and macho-fueled movies, directed the 1969 original, which told of aging outlaws trying to live out the final days of the Wild West even as the 20th century has no use for them.

The Wild Bunch starred William Holden and Ernest Borgnine, among others, and was nominated for Oscars for original screenplay and score. The movie is considered the zenith in the filmography of Peckinpah, who also helmed such pics as Straw Dogs and The Getaway.

Fassbender is also set to star in Kung Fury 2, alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger, Eiza Gonzalez and David Hasselhoff, a follow-up to the cult 2015 short Kung Fury. Foxx is set to appear in ABC's live restaging of All in the Family and The Jeffersons, set for a May 22 airing as episodes of the two classic sitcoms are re-created.

And Dinklage will star alongside Josh Brolin as unlikely brothers in Brothers, a comedy from Legendary Entertainment to be written by Etan Cohen.

And Gibson has as his next project Rothschild, where he stars alongside Shia LaBeouf, with Jon S. Baird (Stan & Ollie) in the director's chair. And he is also on board to direct Destroyer, the World War II Navy movie.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...ks-join-mel-gibsons-wild-bunch-remake-1211797

I'm sorry, but even with a cast as stacked as that, I don't see the point in attempting to remake what is already a damn near perfect movie.

LOL "stacked"

Two and a half out of three stars ain't bad.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but even with a cast as stacked as that, I don't see the point in attempting to remake what is already a damn near perfect movie.
I didn't know this is being remade. I'm generally in agreement with you on this, but with this cast and director I'm cautiously optimistic.

LOL "stacked"

Two and a half out of three stars ain't bad.

And Mad Mel as director. Better than a lot of movies being released; have you heard who the next Batman might be?;)

Also: reported for Sizeism. You, sir, are literally Hitler:)

I didn't know this is being remade. I'm generally in agreement with you on this, but with this cast and director I'm cautiously optimistic.

I hope you're right. As I said before, Gibson directing a remake of an already ultra-violent Western should be a match made in cinematic heaven.

Mel is one of best directors out there. Too bad his prime director years were spent being blacklisted.

Back