Megan Anderson: Valentina vs Joanna matchup is disrespectful to the others in the flyweight divison.

Megan, like a lot of UFC fighters, does not understand business and how to promote and make money. The UFC has a new women's division where the original champ hasn't defended the title and couldn't compete, and it needs to get the division noticed by the public. What's one way to get the division noticed and jump-started? According to Megan, it's put no names against Valentina. The UFC, which has the metrics on each fighter, appears to want to make the most attractive and money-generating fight to kick-start the division. A Joanna-Val title fight will help all of the other 125ers in the long run because the casual will know that there's such a division and will be excited about the next title fight. It's not rocket science.

The two fighters are more than their last two fights. And you know this.
Fine. 1-2 vs 2-1. Real championship fight material. Totally should headline a $65 PPV.

This was the fight to make a year ago. Now? Not so much.it has lost its luster. Neither have done jack in the last year to warrant a title shot against each other, even in a thin division. As others have said, there are other fighters with more wins at 125. Let some of them duke it out for the title.

Fine. 1-2 vs 2-1. Real championship fight material. Totally should headline a $65 PPV.

This was the fight to make a year ago. Now? Not so much.it has lost its luster. Neither have done jack in the last year to warrant a title shot against each other, even in a thin division. As others have said, there are other fighters with more wins at 125. Let some of them duke it out for the title.
Yes I agree, but it's UFC. Frankie fought Aldo after two straight losess in LW title fights.
It was great fight to make year ago, but UFC decided that Valentina (2 win streak) should fight for title in WBW division, because they hate Nunes. They decided to keep Joanna in WSW division, so she could break Ronda's record (and didn't even marketed it before UFC 217, plus they knew she had problems with weight cuts), made TUF won by semipro fighter (not even semi) and gave her belt, and took it because they didn't have backup fighter for first defence....
It's still good fight and but no matter who will win,she will be trashtalked by champion from other weight class.

Is this chick even a UFC fighter or did they send her back to invicta? She has gotten really preachy since getting beaten up by holly, the fight in which she only got cause she was a "name"

Hypocrite.

lmfao no it's not, all the other girls at flyweight are shit.

valentina and joanna are legit skilled and at the top of their divisions.

I don't know, didn't see anone complain when Roida just got awarded the belt, or when Megan was on the cusp of being given a title shot when no one had ever seen much of her (even though there was more then enough evidence she was a bs fighter), previous to her getting exposed for the trash fighter she is.

Absolutely agree. Stripping Nicco was disrespectful in my opinion as well. It was petty and based on their frustration with her, which you can't do. There should be a definite set of guidelines and if a fighter violates them they are stripped. It shouldn't vary depending on fighter.

Absolutely agree. Stripping Nicco was disrespectful in my opinion as well. It was petty and based on their frustration with her, which you can't do. There should be a definite set of guidelines and if a fighter violates them they are stripped. It shouldn't vary depending on fighter.
There should be one, but UFC is basically WWE these days. It's all social media drama and "money fights" now.

If you miss weight as a champion in combat sports you are automatically stripped of the title and it becomes vacant

It has never happened before in the UFC, but that is the general rule throughout boxing, kickboxing and MMA

Montano didn't even make it to the scale her weight cut was so bad, and in doing so vacated her own title. That's not out of pettiness.

How can you be the champion of a weight division you can't make?

Wrong. This is the only match-up that anyone will care about right now since none of us know who anyone else is.

Yeah.. But I am pretty sure Bellator is using the best they have, and didn't Pride do the same?
TUF are for fighters NOT in the UFC.
And winning the belt by beating Roxanne M?
Are you saying winning a TUF Tournament for the real belt = Pride / Bellator Tournament champ???

For me the only thing Pride / Bellator and TUF has in common here is the "tournament" style.
Btw DJ DEFENDED his belt time after time, if he did not win the belt the right way he sure made up for it.

Yes, that guy is 100% saying 0-0 fighters like Amir Sadallah being on a reality show to get into the UFC is exactly like a one night or two night tournament of ranked contenders. I cant even.

As I said, the greater insult is having two fighters who are currently 1-1 in their last two fighting for the title.

You're describing practically all of the top 10. Montano, Eubanks, Davis, Carmouche, Modafferi, etc. Chookagian is the only highly ranked fighter with a winning streak.

This coming from the girl in a division with nobody in it, who dropped out of the Cyborg fight due to undisclosed "person issues," then had an extra year and a half of training just to get completed owned by a 135er.

JJ would easily be a favorite against any current UFC 125 female outside of Valentina, and rightly so. If people don't think that JJ vs Valentina will be a match of the top 2 125ers then they need to get their eyes checked.

tenor.gif
<{anton}>
<36><36><36><36><36><36><36><36><36><36><36><36><36><36><36><36><36><36><36><36><36>

Back