***Megan Anderson SHERDOG Q&A #1***

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drake

(Q&A now over)

*****This is a Q&A for Invicta FC Featherweight, Megan Anderson! She will answer your questions LIVE on SUNDAY NIGHT, the 7th of August. This thread will open when it is time. Remember to keep it clean & respectful otherwise dubs or bans will be handed out.*****

Megan Anderson is one of the top Featherweights in the world & just recently defeated Peggy Morgan by RD1 TKO at Invicta 18.

Megan-Anderson.jpg

Megan hold a 7-2 pro record & is currently riding a three fight win streak all consisting of TKO finishes. All but two of her seven victories have been by way of stoppage. Three TKO's & two submissions. She started her pro career in 2013 & has burst onto the scene as one of the top threats to defeat Cris Cyborg. Standing at 6'0" & training with James Krause out of Glory MMA, this Aussie certainly has what it takes to do so.

20160508100143_1DX_4085.JPG

Anderson_vs_Morgan_008.0.0.jpg

Follow her here:

Twitter: @MeganA_mma
Instagram: megana_mma
Facebook: Megan Anderson MMA

Thanks for taking the time Megan.

Who are some of your favorite fighters to watch?

Thanks for taking the time to do this for the fans on Sherdog.

Hi Megan, new fan of yours here. Your performance against Peggy Morgan was simply outstanding. Congrats on your success and thanks for taking the time to participate in this Q&A.

Were there any fighters in particular who influenced you to get into MMA?

How do you feel as though you've grown as a fighter since moving gyms and training with James Krause?

Thanks for taking the time Megan.

Who are some of your favorite fighters to watch?
Hmmmm there's a few I like to watch. I'm digging the fighters who have great footwork and angles at the moment, guys like Conor McGregor, Amanda Nunes, Cody Garbrandt, Vasyl Lomachenko is also amazing to watch!!

thanks for being here, who do you want next in the division, do you feel ready for a title shot?

Hi Megan, new fan of yours here. Your performance against Peggy Morgan was simply outstanding. Congrats on your success and thanks for taking the time to participate in this Q&A.

Were there any fighters in particular who influenced you to get into MMA?
Yeah there were a few local fighters back in Australia that I looked up to, Anton Zafir (Who is now in the UFC) and Adrian Pang (One FC fighter) were a few I looked up to. I didn't really look up to the 'superstar' type fighters in MMA.

How do you feel as though you've grown as a fighter since moving gyms and training with James Krause?
I feel like i've grown soooo much changing gyms, and not just as a fighter! James is a phenomenal coach and mentor and it's been amazing to be able to work with someone who has the work ethic, drive and passion that he does.

thanks for being here, who do you want next in the division, do you feel ready for a title shot?
I really don't care. Alot of people are saying Charmaine Tweet, but I couldn't care less who I fight next. They're all going to end up the same result anyway ;)

How do you feel about the early weigh ins?

Hi Megan!! I think you're awesome! We just opened a muay thai gym in Austin Texas. Would you be willing to do aseminar for us? Please consider :)

p.s. Tim Kennedy & Yves Edwards trains with us

Hi Megan. Thanks so much for taking the time to answer a few questions for us. Really enjoy watching your fights. One question I have is what your reach measurement is? Because how well you use it really stuck out in the fight with Peggy. I looked online and saw several different answers and we were discussing it in the Invicta thread while watching the fights. I can't think of a better source to get the actual answer. :)

Hey Megan, thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

How did you get into Martial Arts?

@JohnyBrabo is one of your biggest fans and his birthday is tomorrow, can you wish him a Happy Birthday?

Hi Megan!! I think you're awesome! We just opened a muay thai gym in Austin Texas. Would you be willing to do aseminar for us? Please consider :)

p.s. Tim Kennedy & Yves Edwards trains with us
Oh that's awesome! Sure thing! just send me an email/message and we can try and organise it!

Hi Megan. Thanks so much for taking the time to answer a few questions for us. Really enjoy watching your fights. One question I have is what your reach measurement is? Because how well you use it really stuck out in the fight with Peggy. I looked online and saw several different answers and we were discussing it in the Invicta thread while watching the fights. I can't think of a better source to get the actual answer. :)
My reach is i think 72/73 inches. I was asked alot of question before the fight about how i'd adjust to the height and reach advantage of Peggy but oddly enough, although she's an inch taller, I actually had a longer reach than her lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back