Megadeths new album... Dystopia.

Hyperglide

Tell Apathy
@Gold
Reaction score
Not that new, but no discussion on it and ppl jizzing over Metallica's new crap when I think Megadeth shits all over them.

Cheers for this, H. Didn't even know they had new material; been a few years, I reckon.

New Metallica tracks...O, man, bad, I hear you. Megadeth's been true for over 30 years at this point. Respect.

@Hyperglide

I don't hate Metallica I just think their new tracks are derivative and overrated. I just think it's awesome that Megadeth is one of the classic retro thrash metal bands that can stay relevant in 2016 and still sound classic/retro.

Megadeth definitely have been having the last laugh.

The first song alone is better than any of the three average/shitty songs that Metallica have released.

Helps that Dave rarely holds on to lead guitar players for long, keeps things fresh.

Meanwhile Metallica has had the same average lead guitar player that doesn't even have 10% of the ability of any of Megadeth's lead players.

Poland, Friedman, Broderick and Loureiro shit all over Kirk.

The first song alone is better than any of the three average/shitty songs that Metallica have released.

Helps that Dave rarely holds on to lead guitar players for long, keeps things fresh.

Meanwhile Metallica has had the same average lead guitar player that doesn't even have 10% of the ability of any of Megadeth's lead players.

That name is looking good, NSP. ;)

To be fair, Metallica in my eyes has always been hurting more so in the drumming department than anything. **cough**

Was far better than Super Collider

Dave's lyrics are painfully bad but so are Metallica's

so it's down to playing

And to me it's no contest , Deth all the way

I love Megadeth, but Dave also can't keep any of those guitar players in his band because of his overbearing personality.

It's also the cool thing to shit on Metallica, whether or not it's deserved. They could release MOP 2 and people would shit on them. Crybabies can't get over the Napster thing.

I love Megadeth, but Dave also can't keep any of those guitar players in his band because of his overbearing personality.

It's also the cool thing to shit on Metallica, whether or not it's deserved. They could release MOP 2 and people would shit on them. Crybabies can't get over the Napster thing.
I'm not shitting on Metallica to be "cool" or because of the Napster thing, their new music is genuinely awful.

When rockers get rich, old, and famous, they release uninspired vapid shit for a paycheck.

I'd rather listen to Rust In Peace.

I'm not shitting on Metallica to be "cool" or because of the Napster thing, their new music is genuinely awful.

If you listen to 'Moth' and come to that conclusion then I feel sorry for you, dude.

If you listen to 'Moth' and come to that conclusion then I feel sorry for you, dude.
You feel sorry because I have a different taste in music?

Now that's something to feel sorry about.

No, I feel sorry that you won't be able to enjoy the new Metallica album. :oops:
You go on feeling sorry then. I won't, because feeling sorry over a band like Metallica is a waste of time.

You go on feeling sorry then. I won't, because feeling sorry over a band like Metallica is a waste of time.

I think you'll be surprised when you listen to the album.

I don't feel sorry over a band, though, read it again. I feel bad that perhaps you lie to yourself to prove a point, and enjoy less new music as a result.

I feel bad that perhaps you lie to yourself to prove a point, and enjoy less new music as a result.

Lmao. Really?

You don't know me man, I like what I like. I don't let something like that get in the way of enjoying music.

This song is derivative and reminds me of Toxic Waltz by Exodus, which I'm not a huge fan of to begin with.

The other songs I've heard don't do much for me either.

Tbh, Thrash Metal in general doesn't do much for me anymore period.

No thanks. Megadeth is a never ceasing spiral of awful. There is no such thing as Megadeth fans, just donks who like to troll Metallica.

giphy.gif

Yup, that's a bingo.

Dave's a gigantic dickhead and is nearly impossible to work with.

Dystopia was alright, but the constant barrage of "it's all a conspiracy" got old, very quickly.

Back