Megadeth. The thread.

I worked at a Jimmy Johns a few years ago when Dave came in to get some food. He was playing that night a quarter mile away and was staying at a hotel behind the shop. I was the only one who knew his name, though other coworkers recognized him. I said hey, Dave Mustaine and he kinda smiled and nodded, (not a fan, I just know who he is)...

His assistant got their food and they left, about an hour or two later we get a call for a delivery to the hotel and I take it. We had a policy to not go to rooms but in this case I took the food to his room, knowing who it was for. Dave answered the door drying his hair with a towel and called for his assistant to pay me. I treated him like a normal human, like any other customer and he left an average tip... The reason he ordered a second sandwich was because the dijon mustard was too spicy for him... I always find it amusing that the mustard was too spicy, as it's about a .2 on the spicy scale...

Great report!
I suspect you're right about the tuning to keep it easier on Dave's voice.
I used to love the Scorps. Matthias Jabs was one of those players that got me into metal guitar.
I loved the album World Wide Live, back in the day.
I recently listened to it again and don't know how I tolerated that crowd- forward mix, it's awful! The audience can be heard screaming through EVERY song.

It turns out, my buddy and I were quite fortunate we got the show we did. The day before, Scorpions singer got sick and canceled that show; he wakes up the next day and I suppose he feels well enough for our October 7th LA Forum show. The next day, his doctor tells him he has laryngitis and they cancel the rest of the tour.
http://loudwire.com/scorpions-cancel-2017-tour-megadeth-klaus-meine-illness/

Performances of both bands are on Youtube, just search for LA Forum 2017 and the band name. Sorry, I can't view Youtube here; work firewall not allowing it.

It turns out, my buddy and I were quite fortunate we got the show we did. The day before, Scorpions singer got sick and canceled that show; he wakes up the next day and I suppose he feels well enough for our October 7th LA Forum show. The next day, his doctor tells him he has laryngitis and they cancel the rest of the tour.
http://loudwire.com/scorpions-cancel-2017-tour-megadeth-klaus-meine-illness/

Performances of both bands are on Youtube, just search for LA Forum 2017 and the band name. Sorry, I can't view Youtube here; work firewall not allowing it.
Wow! You got lucky!
Reminds me of losing out on a Lionel Hampton show... many years ago... because wherever he was before going to where I was, he got snowed in. Then before I could see him, he died. :(

well shit,a megadeth thread and i haven't posted in it. i think diadems is a great track,and hook in mouth is a great one to scream to in the car. saw megadeth support metallica back in the day,and I've seen megadeth on numerous occasions.

well shit,a megadeth thread and i haven't posted in it. i think diadems is a great track,and hook in mouth is a great one to scream to in the car. saw megadeth support metallica back in the day,and I've seen megadeth on numerous occasions.

Diadems is one of those hidden treasures with Megadeth, I'm not sure it was even on an album but it's a classic imo.

I've seen Deth 4 times I think, last time in 2015 when Chris Adler was on the drums, Children of Bodom opened, great night.

Back