Meet Goldman Sachs, the Vampire Squid, and it's history of evil.

I'm almost positive that everyone complaining about "banksters" couldn't give a single detail about how ti works and only know that they're "evil" without any details on why or how. They do have a ton of influence in Washington, but very little if any involvement in my life.

The GFC didn´t effect your life? Because GS was one of the main causes of the GFC and paid over 5bn in fines for defrauding investors.
Not to mention their role in the Greek collapse.
GS is certainly large and influential enough to have a massive impact on your life, despite you not dealing with them personally.

This is a good opportunity to research "usury." Ironically, ancient people and religious systems saw how destructive to a society it could be, yet we today see it as a simple monetary concept. There is a lot of philosophy surrounding interest, which may surprise you. It was illegal to charge interest in Christianity and Islam for various reasons. In Judaism it is allowed, but only against the "gentiles" or against the non-jew. Usury can create a non-balance- an injustice that can cripple societies.

Why take the risk of loaning money to people if there is no benefit to you?

Our nations are in trillions and trillions of debt to these bankers, basically an amount that will never and can never be paid back. A never ending flow of money constantly moving upwards into the pockets of this little clique of wealthy elites, which is completely by design.

And for those of you downplaying or dismissing what is going on, who do you think foots the bill for this? This isn't some crazy conspiracy theory, it's all very simple but too many people are blissfully ignorant and/or don't realize just how much of our taxes and spending goes towards paying off the loans we have from these banks. Whereas if we just printed our own money, we wouldn't be in this mess. We could even reduce taxes and still have more money to put into things like education and health care.

Did you listen to the video OP posted?

Golden Sachs, one of the biggest banks in the world, makes 1/4 of it's profit on being an actual bank. That's what you think of them as, an investment bank.

The other 3/4 of it's profit comes from manipulating the market through futures, trading, securities, hedging, etc. Essentially, most of what it does is take a ton of money (real money) and artificially inflate the economy with it, and hedge off profits that do not really exist, but they can always print it off. They can cripple economies single handedly, have created a bubble and had it burst on them in the recent past (real estate), and OWN our country's federal reserve. The United States is in debt, yet the (((banksters))) are making record profits. Why?
This. We all know that they country is HUGELY in debt. Right?

Great. But who is the US in debt to?

Debt-Chart.png

But, here's the thing, China is in debt, too.

In fact, around the world, MOST countries are in debt:

World-Wide-national-debt.gif

So, riddle me this Batman, HOW CAN EVERYBODY BE IN DEBT?

Essentially, all the world's governments are in debt to each other, but in aggregate the entire world is in debt to private banks.

That's capitalism, baby.

gatsby-has-a-great-51-million-weekendheres-your-box-office-roundup.jpg

Last edited:
I love threads like this because it shows all of the sheep who still believe that banking executives somehow give a flying fuck about them or care about whether or not their actions destroy an economy.

No wonder they're able to run roughshod. Everyone is too stupid enough to see what's right in front of their faces. Those people deserve to be taken advantage of.

Debt-Chart.png

Essentially, all the world's governments are in debt to each other, but in aggregate the entire world is in debt to private banks.

That's capitalism, baby.

Hey now you're making too much sense for people. Don't go popping their bubbles and upending their world where capitalism is God and bankers do a great job at creating wealth for everyone.

Debt-Chart.png

That's capitalism, baby.

I have seen graphs that state social security is the majority massive chunk of that debt. That was a few years ago though. Does this graph change often?

I have seen graphs that state social security is the majority massive chunk of that debt. That was a few years ago though. Does this graph change often?
It fluctuates a bit, but yeah, we have borrowed a big part of the deficit from Social Security. So, it's ironic when politicians describe Social Security as having funding problems... well, yeah, anything has funding problems if you keep borrowing money from it to pay for other shit.

I don't doubt that most people who make it to the top of large financial institutions have sociopathic tendencies.

You kind of have to, because they will ruin countless people's lives in order to put more money into the pockets of people who don't at all need it.

Goldman is known for firing their "bottom performing" staff no matter how well off the company is doing. It's certainly not uncommon for firms like that to have massive layoffs causing people already there to pick up the slack and work extra hours even when the firm is making record profits.

I'm almost positive that everyone complaining about "banksters" couldn't give a single detail about how ti works and only know that they're "evil" without any details on why or how. They do have a ton of influence in Washington, but very little if any involvement in my life.

Why don't we take 2008 as an example. They bought derivatives of other smaller banks's house mortgages (besides thousands of other flips) and were hoping to flip them when market prices would go up. But they sat on too many worthless mortgages that were giving out junkies who already owned 5 houses and they became insolvent when market crashed. Interest rates went up, foreclosures followed, but if banks were bankrupt who would collect on those mortgages, right? People would just get to live in their homes they couldn't afford.

Then came Obama who gave them money to "save the economy". The banksters got those houses back and either sold them or rented them out. Then those bigger banks absorbed smaller banks and got even a bigger share of a recovering economy. Everything was cheap- from commodity stocks to real estate to manufacturing to transportation stock. They took the taxpayer money and made themselves richer than they ever could image on the backs of the working people. It was the biggest theft in the history of the human civilization, with no exaggeration whatsoever in terms of wealth redistribution. They were "too big to fail" but house owners weren't too small to be evicted.

If you followed the story, something about that should seem wrong to you. A lot of people should have died because of what happened or at very least got locked, but instead they got mansions and ride in RR and Bentleys. Nobody went to jail. They got away with everything and people got away with nothing.

Last edited:
I don't doubt that most people who make it to the top of large financial institutions have sociopathic tendencies.

You kind of have to, because they will ruin countless people's lives in order to put more money into the pockets of people who don't at all need it.

Goldman is known for firing their "bottom performing" staff no matter how well off the company is doing. It's certainly not uncommon for firms like that to have massive layoffs causing people already there to pick up the slack and work extra hours even when the firm is making record profits.

I am not really too sure there is any "individual" performance to even judge by. And it is most likely those that "underperform" are just not playing the office politics game too well.

I am not really too sure there is any "individual" performance to even judge by. And it is most likely those that "underperform" are just not playing the office politics game too well.

I bet it is executives who know they can boost their bonus, by cutting costs, and don't care how they do it. If it hurts the company, that is a problem for the next guy.

Mitigate your opportunity loss (commit fraud) until you pop your parachute, and move onto your next posting.

Some politics as well of course.

Why don't we take 2008 as an example. They bought derivatives of other smaller banks's house mortgages (besides thousands of other flips) and were hoping to flip them when market prices would go up. But they sat on too many worthless mortgages that were giving out junkies who already owned 5 houses and they became insolvent when market crashed. Interest rates went up, foreclosures followed, but if banks were bankrupt who would collect on those mortgages, right? People would just get to live in their homes they couldn't afford.

Then came Obama who gave them money to "save the economy". The banksters got those houses back and either sold them or rented them out. Then those bigger banks absorbed smaller banks and got even a bigger share of a recovering economy. Everything was cheap- from commodity stocks to real estate to manufacturing to transportation stock. They took the taxpayer money and made themselves richer than they ever could image on the backs of the working people. It was the biggest theft in the history of the human civilization, with no exaggeration whatsoever in terms of wealth redistribution. They were "too big to fail" but house owners weren't too small to be evicted.

If you followed the story, something about that should seem wrong to you. A lot of people should have died because of what happened or at very least got locked, but instead they got mansions and ride in RR and Bentleys. Nobody went to jail. They got away with everything and people got away with nothing.
I wasn't defending, and certainly wasn't saying there aren't very valid complaints about big banks. If you already knew this, good for you and you're in the minority, and if you just looked it up, I did my job.

I don't think anybody was in favor of the bank bailouts, but the bigger problem imo was their ability to sell debt and pass it around. If they were actually on the hook for the shitty loans they gave out, there's no way they would have approved them in the first place. It falls pretty hard on the people who should have done their homework before taking a loan for which they can't pay, but also these banks. Again, this goes back to people needing more information before making such a serious decision. I don't think it's regulation, it's just information for people not to get hosed.

I wasn't defending, and certainly wasn't saying there aren't very valid complaints about big banks. If you already knew this, good for you and you're in the minority, and if you just looked it up, I did my job.

I don't think anybody was in favor of the bank bailouts, but the bigger problem imo was their ability to sell debt and pass it around. If they were actually on the hook for the shitty loans they gave out, there's no way they would have approved them in the first place. It falls pretty hard on the people who should have done their homework before taking a loan for which they can't pay, but also these banks. Again, this goes back to people needing more information before making such a serious decision. I don't think it's regulation, it's just information for people not to get hosed.

No, I knew what happened when it happened(not that it mattered since I didn't have enough money to capitalize). Problem with banks and any huge investment firms is they can move markets and they've set themselves up where they can't lose.

No, I knew what happened when it happened(not that it mattered since I didn't have enough money to capitalize). Problem with banks and any huge investment firms is they can move markets and they've set themselves up where they can't lose.
That is the bad part. Even though they did pay back the gov't bailouts with interest, most businesses aren't given that same deal. In a truly capitalist economy, they would just be done. The "too big to fail" concept always seemed a little creepy to me.

Back