Meet Francis Ngannou: The Unicorn of the UFC

I don't think miocic would be ignored if he wins against ngannou, but his unwillingness to promote with the ufc might just continue to deter him from becoming a star

Fair point. I agree with that. Still, Ngannou is being hyped because of a huge KO, not because of his words... His words began once the hype did, for the most part, not entirely, that is.

Because he will be sold by the UFC as that big black beast A-Level athlete with the punching power's record and labelled as the " most dangerous man in the world " etc etc and people always have a fascination for the HW division...

Because of bigotry, Stipe is just another white dude even though he has dominated.

As we all know, the Ngannou hype train is in full effect. Whether or not Stipe has five straight knockouts and is on the verge of making UFC Heavyweight title history, he's basically a building in the way of a hype behemoth wrecking ball by the name of Francis Ngannou. If Francis wins, the UFC gets it way. If Stipe wins, well, everything stays the same: Stipe sets a record, gets ignored by the majority of the casual MMA populace and everyone here can take him for granted.

This article by Chuck Mendenhall -- who by all means is a bit more than a casual and has written some good pieces in the past while showing his definite interest in the UFC's product -- pretty much articulates the aforementioned with much more elaboration. It's a pretty good read and I'm always happy to see Mixed Martial Arts get some mainstream love. I figured I would share it with you guys as well, in case you hadn't seen it.

Here's an excerpt:

GettyImages_899616314.jpg

Link: https://www.theringer.com/2018/1/18/16903500/francis-ngannou-stipe-miocic-ufc-220

It looks like Francis is wering shoe to make him taller

Because he will be sold by the UFC as that big black beast A-Level athlete with the punching power's record and labelled as the " most dangerous man in the world " etc etc and people always have a fascination for the HW division...
derrick-lewis-ufc-90-gym-workout.jpg

LMAO...​

Stipe has 5 KOs in a row of elite UFC fighters. The last 4 in a row, were in the first round. Many ppl on this site have claimed that 3 of the guys on that list were the GOAT.

Took out one of them out to win the belt, and two defending it. I reiterate here... In the first round.

It’s beyond fuckin retarded. Random assholes have clearly not received the memo.

And if the UFC had any brains at all they would have been pushing Stipe. There is nothing about the guy to hate on. But, much to praise him on. All American Hero type shit.

Ngannou has KOd two of the guys on Stipe’s list. And, I honestly have problems even understanding Ngannou, when he talks. Is that somehow more marketable than Stipe ? Sorry, I don’t get it.

It’ll be nice when this train derails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back