Medieval Martial Arts? Bf hitting me.

5Blades

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I didn't know where else to post this.

Does anyone know anything about Medieval Martial Arts? They suit up in steel armor and beat each other with real blunted weapons like knights. I'm asking the MMA community because my boyfriend got into it some months ago, and ever since he's started hitting me. Not just slapping me, ruthlessly beating me, slamming me into walls and bashing my head in with a steel bowl. I'm not here to have the "you should leave him" convo because we've been together for almost a decade and he's only completely changed after getting into this...I don't even know if I can call it a martial art.

He seems to think that since I used to train MMA a long time ago, and since there are girls who do this sport with him, that it's okay to come home and hit me. I did train MMA years ago and the last time he got physical I had to pull guard. You have no idea how much I've been suffering inside myself because I had to use my skills against someone I love. It's made me vow to never touch my gi again, I never wanted it for that.

He was the most amazing fiance in the world before this past six months when he got into this full-contact knight fighting thing. I don't know anything about it and I'm afraid they're teaching him this is okay. I don't want a sport to ruin my family, I feel helpless and terrified. He's never been in a martial art or sport or anything, so this is his first time in a full-contact sport. I'd like to show the pictures of my injuries to his team captain but I doubt that would do anything. Does anyone know anything about this martial art? Can someone help me understand? I just don't know where to turn. If anyone can shed some light on this I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you.

That's not knightly. It is just fighting. My lady, a true knight would never hit a woman. Huzaa

Demand trial by combat

Ms.Thott.290.2%C2%BA_080r.jpg

If by any chance its not a troll post, then you either need to beat the living crap out of him so that he fears you or call the cops and get a restraining order.

Have ye a lance, lass?

Have you ever heard of Loraina Bobbitt?

I am certainty are trolling us because everything you wrote sounds like horseshit.

if it's not you need to get out of the relationship. If he continues to beat you, call the cops.

Not trolling. I'm really discouraged. I don't know what to do, this crazy pseudo-martial art just popped up out of nowhere and turned everything upside down. If anyone wants proof they can PM me but I'm whirling. Please someone explain this to me if anyone knows anything about it.

If by any chance its not a troll post, then you either need to beat the living crap out of him so that he fears you or call the cops and get a restraining order.

Oh my god no it's not okay for me to hit him either! Have you ever had to lay hands on a loved one? The thought is sickening.

Just buy him an ipad and all will be well.

I'd appreciate serious answers as my sense of humor is shot right now. I don't frequent these sites. Like I said if anyone wants proof they can PM me.

Oh my god no it's not okay for me to hit him either! Have you ever had to lay hands on a loved one? The thought is sickening.

Its about drawing a line in the sand and not backing up.

If you arent trolling, thats the healthiest thing to do.

Back